LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Clear Lights for 93 LS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-01, 02:48 PM
ArCaDe007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Lights for 93 LS!

Hello All my LS Heads!

I am trying to find some clear corner lights for my 93 LS but for the life of me can't find them. I know they exist because I have seen some with them and even Edogg has a pic posted with his corner lights clear.

Now when I say clear corner lights, I mean the lights next to the headlights, not the bumper lights. I already have the clear bumper corner lights. Could someone point me in the right direction, theres gotta be a place that sells them! Hook a brother up. All I need are thoses some HID's and eyebrows and i'm straight.

Since I am on the topic, as far as HID's, I know that if I install them I will lose my high beam. There are supposed to be a new set of HID's out called Bi-Xenon that angles the light to simulate the high beam but I have yet to find someone carrying them. Anyway, I need to replace my foglight but I was thinking of just replacing these with HID's instead. What kind of bulbs are the foglights? I think that would be a good way to go, too bad I can't have them on and keep the headlights off. I guess I could wire it in a way to make it work but fuhgedaboutit. Then later on if I find some Bi-Xenon lights, i can install that I the ride would look nice. What do you thing?

Anyway, help me out as far as finding some clear corner lights, PLEASE!! TIA!!

L8rz!!
Old 10-25-01, 03:49 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Hello,

Isnt the ls corner light is clear already? I dont know anyone would make a clearer corner if it is clear as OEM.

HID: I have it. Its from Phillips. About high beam, I tried and my light fuse popped. I replaced, but havent try it yet.

FOG LIGHT: I will be too expensive to replace fog light to HID. HID runs about $399-599. If you are getting two HID. That mean you will be spending about $1,000 just for lights alone.

I am still waiting for my Koito whitebeam light. I will break my yellow fog light lense and replace my fog light bulb to superwhite. The fog light bulb is H3C. It is different from the H3 light bulb. I had a hard time finding it and most shop have never heard of H3C. I ordered online.

good luck
Old 10-25-01, 05:02 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022...nses_lexus.htm

clear rare lights
Old 10-25-01, 10:16 PM
A thru C
Driver School Candidate

Location: Roslyn, New York (Long Island) / Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

I'm sure other people are more knowledgable on the subject, but the HID replacements I've seen have been for the foglights (converting them to headlights w/ HID). You'd still essentially be able to use your highs if you diable your regular headlights, do some wiring, and just have the brights going w/ the original headlamp fixtures (good idea! ;) In terms of clear corners, the 1st Gen. LS4 does have a whitish look to it, were you looking for a completely clear plastic housing, 'cause that wouldn't match the headlights except for the newer LS's. Oh, another idea if you wanna replace your original headlights w/ HID's and have brights... make a bulb fixture that fits into the foglight fixture so that you can have an un-blocked 9006 bulb in there or something like that and just use those for brights. Again, you'd be doing some fun wiring, but if you're putting in HID's, it shouldn't be a problem (just make sure you have the right fuses). And yeah, those fog light bulbs are a ***** to find. BTW, anyone know where to find the replacement blocker for the fog light, I want to change the color of mine (maybe?), but I don't wanna break the glass.
Old 10-25-01, 11:56 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange Arcade, your LS does not come with clear front parking lenses.Mines are not aftermarket they already came like that.
Old 10-26-01, 07:18 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is stock factory lights. You sure yours are not clear but glow a little orange from the bulb?