LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ECU to rid tranny shudder

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 11:23 AM
Rey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU to rid tranny shudder

After doing a lot of research ive come to the conclusion that I have the infamous tranny shudder caused by the ECU in my 95. Ive already flushed the trans extensively so I dont think its a problem with the fluid at this point. Referencing from this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...rque+converter im trying to figure the part/ecu number so I can try and find one and replace it myself. I highly doubt my local lexus dealer will replace this at no cost seeing as how its a TSB and not a factory recall(eventhough it should be). There are many ecu's for our cars so I just need to know which one I need and go from there. Unless you think its possible another issue, mechanically wrong with my tranny.

BTW, it shudders mostly letting off throttle at about 65. While not as prevalent after the tranny flush you can still tell its there.
Old 10-15-06, 11:45 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey
After doing a lot of research ive come to the conclusion that I have the infamous tranny shudder caused by the ECU in my 95. Ive already flushed the trans extensively so I dont think its a problem with the fluid at this point. Referencing from this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...rque+converter im trying to figure the part/ecu number so I can try and find one and replace it myself. I highly doubt my local lexus dealer will replace this at no cost seeing as how its a TSB and not a factory recall(eventhough it should be). There are many ecu's for our cars so I just need to know which one I need and go from there. Unless you think its possible another issue, mechanically wrong with my tranny.

BTW, it shudders mostly letting off throttle at about 65. While not as prevalent after the tranny flush you can still tell its there.
so what u want is the location and part number of the transmission ECU? if i recall its controlled by the main engine ecu but il break out my repair manual and see what i can dig up
Old 10-15-06, 05:02 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Well from what I read is the dealer replaces the main ecu with another new revised one. What i need is the ecu/part number of the revised ecu to rid the shudder. Thanks.
Old 10-23-06, 07:48 AM
lorenzo816
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default question?

Is this a First Gen issue as well?

Occasionaly I get a "ribbed" sorta noise when driving.
wonder if this is the same.

And did you get a CEL Code when this shuttering occured?
Old 10-23-06, 10:15 AM
Rey
Pole Position

no, no check engine light here. Have you first tried flushing your tranny? I would start there.

Is it even possible for me to get an updated version of my ecu? Is it the same unit just reflashed? If anyone has any ideas please let me know. The shuddering while not a major problem gets annoying and is nothing something id expect from this car, although it is 11 years old. I really like this car but this is the only thing that bothers me. If this issue was a recall rather then a TSB id be freakin happy.

Anyway, can anyone shed some light on the issue? Even if you dont know the ecu number or what not, id like to see some newer experiences of this same issue. A lot of what I researched seems to be old by now.