LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

92 LS400 suspension

Old 06-20-06, 10:30 AM
kglexus1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 LS400 suspension

what shock/springs set up do you prefer

plz tell me why, im not sure what i wanna go with now, i kno im goin with tanabe springs what would you recommend to go with them
Old 06-20-06, 10:35 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Tokico's for my 94. I just bought them, but haven't had the chance to install them yet. They come pretty well reccomended for a close to stock ride in terms of comfort, and yet they are slightly stiffer to imrpoved stability at higher speeds. I'll let you know more once I get them in, but thats why I bought them.
Old 06-20-06, 11:00 AM
kglexus1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suneet
I went with Tokico's for my 94. I just bought them, but haven't had the chance to install them yet. They come pretty well reccomended for a close to stock ride in terms of comfort, and yet they are slightly stiffer to imrpoved stability at higher speeds. I'll let you know more once I get them in, but thats why I bought them.
i was told they dont do well with lowering springs...people have been tellin me that they've had theirs blow out...which worries me
Old 06-20-06, 12:02 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Tokico's with the H&R Lowering springs. I have already had to replace 1 on the drivers' rear, and I plan on replacing the other 3 as well. I plan to go all KYB, as I have not heard many complaints against them. The ride is pretty good from the very start, but after I got rims these shocks got to be entirely too soft for the car. I can literally bounce the car up and down on the corners and get them to bottom out. My setup is not that old, bought in January, installed early February. Rims installed in May. I drive trucks across the country and my car sits more than it is driven, have less than 2K miles on this setup. I am not happy not and have to replace my setup again. KYB seems to hold strong and that's what I am going with. I didn't get the Eibach springs because Tire Rack told me it was going to be more than 3 months backorder for the ProKit. I only wanted a slight drop in the car, since we have not the most perfect roads here in Md. Therefore I went with the H&R springs. Will be interesting to see what some of the other members opinions are on this matter.

Moderators, I think that you can combine my thread (strut suggestions) with this one as it is pretty much asking the same question. thanks.