LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Junction Produce replica...good material...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 07:27 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Junction Produce replica...good material...

Hey guys,

This company called Shine Auto Project makes a Junction Produce replica for the 1st Gen LS 400's for a fairly good price. They seem like they're making it out of a relatively new type of material. I think it's called hybrid frp, some sort of flexible fiberglass I believe. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-94...spagenameZWDVW

Personally, I don't want to spend between $3,000 - $5,000 for a bodykit that I would have to wait 3-6 months or more for and then possibly risk the chance of cracking it soon after.

I wouldn't mind putting this replica on, plus, the material is very flexible and I wouldn't have to worry so much about cracking it.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-06, 07:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I think they stole images from one of our forum moderators... you can see the stamp from his retrodrive.net on them
Old 04-18-06, 07:32 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think they stole images from one of our forum moderators... you can see the stamp from his retrodrive.net on them
Yea, but that doesn't matter. I think they're just trying to show that they can replicate the kit pretty well and make it out of more flexible material. Anyway, the real owner of the image is actually HyperRev.

Last edited by LexCelsior; 04-18-06 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexCelsior
Hey guys,

This company called Shine Auto Project makes a Junction Produce replica for the 1st Gen LS 400's for a fairly good price. They seem like they're making it out of a relatively new type of material. I think it's called hybrid frp, some sort of flexible fiberglass I believe. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-94...spagenameZWDVW

Personally, I don't want to spend between $3,000 - $5,000 for a bodykit that I would have to wait 3-6 months or more for and then possibly risk the chance of cracking it soon after.

I wouldn't mind putting this replica on, plus, the material is very flexible and I wouldn't have to worry so much about cracking it.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
I gave this body kit a second look myself and was thinking about getting it. It definately gives the car a VIP appearance however for me, it hangs just a little too low. With the roads here in Md, I would eat that front end up in a week. You being in Texas, may not be too bad. I am familar with your roads down there, since I drive trucks and am down there quite often. For the most part, having flat land and all, it would benefit you. Just watch out for those famous lumps in the road that appear out of nowhere and you don't see them until you are in them(you know I'm right) LOL!!!!
Old 04-18-06, 07:38 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, but that doesn't matter. I think they're just trying to show that they can replicate the kit pretty well and make it out of more flexible material. Anyway, the real owner of the image is actually HyperRev.
I would be weary to buy from a place that has to "steal" a picture from another website. I did see that they had the actual kit on the side to show....
Old 04-18-06, 07:39 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by trukn1
I gave this body kit a second look myself and was thinking about getting it. It definately gives the car a VIP appearance however for me, it hangs just a little too low. With the roads here in Md, I would eat that front end up in a week. You being in Texas, may not be too bad. I am familar with your roads down there, since I drive trucks and am down there quite often. For the most part, having flat land and all, it would benefit you. Just watch out for those famous lumps in the road that appear out of nowhere and you don't see them until you are in them(you know I'm right) LOL!!!!
Trust me though. Here in Houston we've got some bad roads which is the original reason why I didn't want to spend the money on an authentic JP kit. But if this kit flexes the way Shine Auto Project shows it does I think it would be able to handle pot holes and bumps quite well. You might be surprised how well it works up there in MD. I'm thinking about giving it a shot.
Old 04-18-06, 07:41 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pagong
I would be weary to buy from a place that has to "steal" a picture from another website. I did see that they had the actual kit on the side to show....
Yea, but these guys have a 100% feedback which is why I'm not as "weary." A buddy of mine sells one-piece headlights and he's using a pic of someone's LS here on CL but he's legit and actually gets his one-piece headlights from Japan.

There is a guy on E-Bay, however, that supposedly sells brand new authentic JP kits for $2,600 without the door caps for the 94-97 LS 400's. But the 90-94 is the 1st Gen, the 95-97 is the 2nd Gen. Now that's a guy to be "weary" about.

Last edited by LexCelsior; 04-18-06 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I guess if that's the case, why wouldn't they have an up-close picture of their own kit on a car rather than what they're copying

I have no personal experience with this kit or this company, but I read over and over again horror stories about knockoff bodykits with fittment issues so bad thay bodyshops refuse to put them on. Maybe this isn't one of those situations but considering you're looking at some significant $$ to finish, paint and install plus the kit itself it's a significant risk IMO.

Hopefully someone else on the forum might have experience with them to share.
Old 04-18-06, 07:45 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

I guess if that's the case, why wouldn't they have an up-close picture of their own kit on a car rather than what they're copying

I have no personal experience with this kit or this company, but I read over and over again horror stories about knockoff bodykits with fittment issues so bad thay bodyshops refuse to put them on. Maybe this isn't one of those situations but considering you're looking at some significant $$ to finish, paint and install plus the kit itself it's a significant risk IMO.

Hopefully someone else on the forum might have experience with them to share.
I was checking out Shine Auto Projects other products and they seem to specialize in some clean looking kits. Check out this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-N...QQcmdZViewItem

They actually put their customer's rides on the bottom of the auction page to show fitment. I thought that was a big plus in my book.

Nobody's complained about fitment of their bodykits yet.

Last edited by LexCelsior; 04-18-06 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

They actually put their customer's rides on the bottom of the auction page to show fitment. I thought that was a big plus in my book.
I wouldn't be a plus in my book unless they had it on the kit you were actually going to buy. Why wouldn't they have taken similar pictures for the LS setup to share on the auction?
Old 04-18-06, 07:52 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't be a plus in my book unless they had it on the kit you were actually going to buy. Why wouldn't they have taken similar pictures for the LS setup to share on the auction?
I think because of the horror stories you were talking about everyone's weary on whether or not to buy the JP replica from them and that's why they don't have any test pictures. But they haven't had a problem yet from what I've been researching. They seem like they know what they're doing. Plus, they have a good refund policy. I haven't seen a seller on E-Bay with a refund policy like them.

We all know Lexus owners are very skeptical about purchasing certain products for their cars. But to hell with it, I think I'm just going to purchase the kit. They've got a good refund policy so I think I'll be ok. I'm calling them up tomorrow.

Last edited by LexCelsior; 04-18-06 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Posts from other forums...

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=500523
http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=137643
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=494587
Old 04-18-06, 08:00 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I think because of the horror stories you were talking about everyone's weary on whether or not to buy the JP replica from them and that's why they don't have any test pictures. But they haven't had a problem yet from what I've been researching. They seem like they know what they're doing. Plus, they have a good refund policy. I haven't seen a seller on E-Bay with a refund policy like them.
Not at all.... the horror stories have nothing to do with this company or their pictures. Just general issues with many many knock-off bodykits. That's what this is - a small recent startup company with a knock off kit.

It may be nice, it may be less than nice. I truly wish you the best of luck if you choose to purchase.... I personally would not risk it.
Old 04-18-06, 08:03 PM
LexCelsior
Driver School Candidate

Not at all.... the horror stories have nothing to do with this company or their pictures. Just general issues with many many knock-off bodykits. That's what this is - a small recent startup company with a knock off kit.

It may be nice, it may be less than nice. I truly wish you the best of luck if you choose to purchase.... I personally would not risk it.
As I said before, with a refund policy like theirs I'm willing to take the chance. I will speak with them tomorrow on the phone and get this kit. Then I will take pictures of the kit test fitted on my LS and I will post up here on CL.
Old 04-18-06, 08:11 PM
Celsior2K5
Driver

one of my friends got this jp replica kit from shine auto project and it fits fine. he installed it like 2 months ago and painted it and everything. nodbody could tell the difference including myself.

Quick Reply: Junction Produce replica...good material...