LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS Sedan survey for my marketing class

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-06, 05:29 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Sedan survey for my marketing class

Hey everyone. If you have a moment, please take my 10 question, on-line survey about the Lexus LS sedan for my marketing class. The study is trying to prove if Lexus should market the LS to younger generations.

It will only take a minute. Thanks for helping me graduate!

Jason
Denver, CO
Old 04-09-06, 05:30 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Default The LS survey is at:

http://www.bcotwu.com/survey/
Old 04-09-06, 06:00 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they should, lets get some more aftermarket products for the ls goin...
Old 04-09-06, 06:08 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djjdog
Hey everyone. If you have a moment, please take my 10 question, on-line survey about the Lexus LS sedan for my marketing class. The study is trying to prove if Lexus should market the LS to younger generations.

Jason
Denver, CO
Took your survey!

By the way, what do you plan on doing with the results? Are you doing a study specific to why the LS should be marketed to younger people or is this part of a larger project your doing?

Good luck!
Old 04-09-06, 06:55 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonES3
Took your survey!

By the way, what do you plan on doing with the results? Are you doing a study specific to why the LS should be marketed to younger people or is this part of a larger project your doing?

Good luck!
Thanks, Xenon! My study is specific to the LS and wether or not Lexus should market it to younger generations. It is part 2 of a three-part study. The first part was presenting to the class a situation analysis of the LS series sedan; it's market position, history, micro and macroenviroment, etc. The second part is colleting primary research data (hence the survey). The final part will consist of an advertisement of the LS to the class directed toward younger generations. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
Old 04-09-06, 07:50 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rice h8r
^ damn... that work seems hard. I want to major in business too, maybe administration, even though not too sure EXACTLY what it is.
btw, I took the survey too.
Yeah, school has royally kicked my ***. I'm on my 17th semester. 8 more classes to go and I'll have my marketing degree. I work full time I'm married with a 2yo son, so I can only take a couple classes at a time. Thanks for filling out the survey!
Old 04-09-06, 10:09 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Done and done... lets hear of the results when you're done, and good luck with school.
Old 04-10-06, 07:10 AM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Done. Good luck with school Jason . I can tell you it feels good to get that diploma!
Old 04-10-06, 07:34 AM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, everybody! I'm compiling the data now and I'll let everyone know the results. I appreciate everyone's help!
Old 04-10-06, 08:17 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Jason -

I just finished your survey and my only question/quandry is that the survey really doesn't give us current LS owners a chance to answer properly. In other words, I answered "yes" I would consider buying a new or used LS. But I didn't really have any place to note that I already own one and that's the only reason I'm not likely to buy another in the near to medium term future.
Old 04-10-06, 02:15 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Jason -

I just finished your survey and my only question/quandry is that the survey really doesn't give us current LS owners a chance to answer properly. In other words, I answered "yes" I would consider buying a new or used LS. But I didn't really have any place to note that I already own one and that's the only reason I'm not likely to buy another in the near to medium term future.
Good point. I have to mention in the report what I would change about the survey if I had to do it again. I will definitely mention that a "Do you currently own an LS Sedan" question would have been helpful and more accurate. Thanks again for your help!

BTW I can't believe how many of you all have completed my survey! This forum is the best!! Thanks!
Old 04-10-06, 04:56 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to agree with DaHappa, survey didn't really ask or consider if we are current LS owners and whether or not we would buy another one again. Also overall satisfaction rating for current owners missing. Great study, good luck with school, survey completed.
Old 04-10-06, 05:11 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Whether is marketed for young buyers or not most of them cant afford a 70k car anyways.
Old 04-11-06, 08:49 PM
austxlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by djjdog

Jason
Denver, CO
Took your survey~
Old 04-11-06, 09:51 PM
djjdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Whether is marketed for young buyers or not most of them cant afford a 70k car anyways.

Actually, Gen X in particular range in age from 30-41 and represent over $125 billion annual purchasing power. Many of the participants of this survey have very successful careers and could most defiantly afford these cars (and do).

I'm compiling the data now and will post the results soon.

Quick Reply: LS Sedan survey for my marketing class