LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Remember the cheap 20" Rims I was going to buy? Well here's a pic installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-05, 09:06 AM
caffeine
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Remember the cheap 20" Rims I was going to buy? Well here's a pic installed!

Thanks to everyone for their advice on fitment, it was definetely hard not knowing for sure if they would fit or not, but now we can know 100% for sure that these rims fit and look great.

I bought them from www.velocitymotoring.com (i picked them up locally in Santa Ana, CA) The price was around $1,000 for the rims without tires. The normally sell only Benz/BMW/Audi rims, but they can order the VM6 (Brabus replica) with the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. I bought a set of Falken Azenis ST115's from Certified tires had them for $169 a piece. (With 4,000 miles on them now, they are still silent, not too bumpy but I need to see how long the tread lasts before I can reccomend them.)

Here are the specs:

Stock Height/Suspension
VelocityMotoring VM6 Polished
20x8.5
245/35/20 tires all around
+38 offset
5x114.3 bolt pattern
NO FITMENT ISSUES AT ALL!!! I was soooo happy to drive off and realise that I didn't need spacers, hubrings, no rolling the fenders, nothing! And there are NO RUBBING issues at all. It was plug and play so to speak.

Sorry I don't have any more pictures right now but i'll take some more upon request.
Attached Thumbnails Remember the cheap 20" Rims I was going to buy?  Well here's a pic installed!-lexondubsfront.jpg  
Old 08-03-05, 09:47 AM
gowest
Driver

Nice.
Very good deal too.
Old 08-03-05, 01:08 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Now to put some Tein CS's on that thing and make it a weed eater.
Old 08-03-05, 01:55 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey they look great!!
Old 08-03-05, 02:34 PM
caffeine
Rookie

Thanks for the comments, I'm not going to lower the car. I think it looks perfect at the height it is and I do not want to sacrafice ride quality in a luxury car. My other car however, a 87' Nissan S12 is demon slammed to the ground.

Anyways i'd seriously reccomend anyone with a 95+ to get these rims, for the price you can't beat them! And they made my car look like 5 years newer. The only reason I say 95+ is if I had a 1st gen, I would have just gotten SC430 rims and called it a day, but since they don't clear our calipairs I had to get something bigger.
Old 08-03-05, 03:06 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

looks real nice. Lets see some pics man. Does that company offer a stagg setup btw?
Old 08-03-05, 06:01 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If u don't want to drop the car, u should've left it stock.....now it looks like a funny 4x4
Old 08-03-05, 07:17 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take some more pictures dude!
Old 08-03-05, 09:36 PM
99LS400BLK
Rookie

hey caffineee ...what % tint are your windows. looks good. is it 21% ? 35?
Old 08-04-05, 08:37 AM
caffeine
Rookie

The tint is 32 in the front and 5 in the back which is limo. And because my interior is black the front looks darker than it really is. I got it done in a place in Newport Beach, CA for $160 if anyone wants the address/ph. number let me know. The guy that tinted it said that LS400's are a lot harder to tint correctly than other cars because of how our black windows span all the way across without the seperator. I didn't notice it until he pointed it out but now whenever I look at a bmw/benz or other car with the back window and the little non-functional window, I think it looks ugly. See S500 for example. By the way ATSOU is an idiot the car doesn't look anything like a 4x4. And I could start the arugment that I think its stupid to lower a luxuary car, but I won't.

Old 08-04-05, 11:15 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Caffeine you should do some research on the tein cs. Most if not all people that have them say that the ride quality is = stock .
Old 08-05-05, 02:06 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caffeine
The tint is 32 in the front and 5 in the back which is limo. And because my interior is black the front looks darker than it really is. I got it done in a place in Newport Beach, CA for $160 if anyone wants the address/ph. number let me know. The guy that tinted it said that LS400's are a lot harder to tint correctly than other cars because of how our black windows span all the way across without the seperator. I didn't notice it until he pointed it out but now whenever I look at a bmw/benz or other car with the back window and the little non-functional window, I think it looks ugly. See S500 for example. By the way ATSOU is an idiot the car doesn't look anything like a 4x4. And I could start the arugment that I think its stupid to lower a luxuary car, but I won't.
Ha, tell me about lowering luxury cars, I have two of them. Not to offend u or something even though u called me an idiot....if u don't have good taste to mod ur car....stay stock
Set up a poll at the tires forum & ask people for their opinions to see if the car looks like a 4x4.
Old 08-06-05, 04:51 AM
LEXkid
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I hate to agree, but if you're gonna go bling you gotta spend the money on suspension too. The car looks nice but a 1.5 inch drop would be sick ridiculous
Old 08-06-05, 05:16 AM
ychachad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bash Benz and BMW, the Gen 3 LS has the same split window in the back.

Originally Posted by caffeine

Old 08-06-05, 11:39 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Its the only way to get all the window to come down.

Quick Reply: Remember the cheap 20" Rims I was going to buy? Well here's a pic installed!