LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

test drive appointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 04:25 PM
thelexx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drive appointment

Well I'm going to test drive a new LS430 on Sunday. Last night I saw the site at
http://www.vaistech.com/avic100i.html
which will allow me to hook my Ipod Photo to the Lexus audio system, which is what tipped the scales for me, as not being able to do that was a big road block. Now I'm kind of excited! Today I sat in the GS and ES models but I found the LS seats to be more comfortable for me plus it has great head room. I just have to pick out the colour. I always thought I would go for a black exterior and interior but now I'm not so sure about that. Also I'm not a good negotiator so I think what I'll do is to let the salesman know that after he gives me a cash price on the LS, I plan on seeing a couple other Lexus dealers, and if the Lexus dealers can't beat his price by at least $500 (Canadian) then I'll buy from him. That way it should be fair for the first dealer, since I'm giving him a $500 margin, plus it should allow me to get a price within about $500 of the best price I could get. .. any comments on that strategy? Do you think a $500 Canadian Margin is fair on a car that's about $100,000 before taxes? Also I don't really have anywhere to park it except outside in front of the house so should I get a car cover? In the winter I will probably park it in a shed in the back yard.
Old 04-28-05, 06:04 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You should double check that installing this device does not void your 4 year warranty since it is not a OEM or dealer installed option. Don't worry about the dealer's feelings- Lexus dealers play just as many games to maximze their profits as any other car dealer.
Old 04-28-05, 07:15 PM
thelexx
Driver School Candidate

Default warranty

Ok, thanks very much for the advice! I'll print out info on the device and take it with me. Maybe I can have someting written on the contract to allow it, as I won't want to buy the car unless I can connect the Ipod.
Old 04-28-05, 08:08 PM
Josh Combs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ultra63
You should double check that installing this device does not void your 4 year warranty since it is not a OEM or dealer installed option. Don't worry about the dealer's feelings- Lexus dealers play just as many games to maximze their profits as any other car dealer.
at my dealership people ask us to install aftermarket stuff and we do it. It doesn't void the warranty, atleast at our shop it doesn't.
Old 04-28-05, 08:59 PM
thelexx
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks!

That's another great idea, thanks. I'll ask the dealer if they can install it.