LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Yet another costly repair. Bye bye Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04, 05:54 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SEEMS A WASTE TO SPEND MORE MONEY

Man,
You sure picked a fine car to abuse. Then you expect the car to perform under the strain of your abuse...WHAT GIVES?? Driving fast is one thing, abusing the car is another.

When I was 16 to 18 years old, I used to abuse cars....MY OLD MAN"S. Until he caught me thrashing the car for no reason one day. He had been repairing what I broke, but he swore from that day on that any car I abused would be mine. He didn't lie. I walked until I joined the Marine Corps and moved out.

After I bought my own car, and saw the value of treating the car right, it was a no brainer. I think you have a bit of growing up to do. Since I have had to pay for my own repairs these last 32 years, I respect what I drive, because it is a reflection of me.

I now have my own kids (5 of them) all grown, but if I had caught them abusing the cars I bought for them, I would have done like my old man did.....made them walk until they got some common sense. You certainly wouldn't drive a car of mine with that attitude.

First cars should be "beaters" because people expect kids to beat them up. You would get a hunk of crap from me, IF you got anything. But you have nice cars, and you seem to have it too easy if that is how you treat something that someone else wanted you to have. You could have used that $4400.00 to do a lot of things other than fixing things you broke on purpose.

Lexus never said that its' cars were designed to be driven in demolition derbies. I'll watch out for you when I am traveling through Texas.
Old 10-13-04, 08:45 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i've driven my LS with RESPECT. True, i've done my fair share of burnouts and WOT runs, but the LS is a car to be enjoyed with when you drive it. IF you want a car to beat up, get a friggin' Honduh or VW.
Old 10-14-04, 02:03 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SEEMS A WASTE TO SPEND MORE MONEY

Originally posted by gserep1
Man,
You sure picked a fine car to abuse. Then you expect the car to perform under the strain of your abuse...WHAT GIVES?? Driving fast is one thing, abusing the car is another.

When I was 16 to 18 years old, I used to abuse cars....MY OLD MAN"S. Until he caught me thrashing the car for no reason one day. He had been repairing what I broke, but he swore from that day on that any car I abused would be mine. He didn't lie. I walked until I joined the Marine Corps and moved out.

After I bought my own car, and saw the value of treating the car right, it was a no brainer. I think you have a bit of growing up to do. Since I have had to pay for my own repairs these last 32 years, I respect what I drive, because it is a reflection of me.

I now have my own kids (5 of them) all grown, but if I had caught them abusing the cars I bought for them, I would have done like my old man did.....made them walk until they got some common sense. You certainly wouldn't drive a car of mine with that attitude.

First cars should be "beaters" because people expect kids to beat them up. You would get a hunk of crap from me, IF you got anything. But you have nice cars, and you seem to have it too easy if that is how you treat something that someone else wanted you to have. You could have used that $4400.00 to do a lot of things other than fixing things you broke on purpose.

Lexus never said that its' cars were designed to be driven in demolition derbies. I'll watch out for you when I am traveling through Texas.
OK.. wtf. What makes you think I abused it?? I baby all my cars. I take meticulous care of them all. I drive it like I'm in a destruction derby??? I havent got into a wreck or even gotten a ticket in all my years of driving(knock on wood) and I drive about 50-60 miles a day. You sure are stupid assuming all those things. Next time be sure to have your facts straight before accusing me of abusing a car. And wtf is your problem saying I broke all those things on purpose?? That might be something you could only think of with your demented mind. Do you see me complaining about my SC??? NO and you wanna know why?? Because THAT car is built like a Lexus is supposed to. It has double the miles of the LS and the only thing its needed is throttle body cleaning. Oh and dont even think about accusing me of clogging up the throttle body. My dad knows how well I take care of all the cars and THAT is the reason I get other ones. You know you should really stop stereotyping and thinking that ALL young ppl abuse their cars. I'm only going to say one last thing: I feel sorry for your kids.

Last edited by LeXuSrAcIn; 10-14-04 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-14-04, 02:33 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If a dealership tries to charge your $500 to fix a CD changer it is a polite way of saying take it somewhere else because we would rather not mess with it. Just unplug it, unscrew it, and take it to a general electronics shop. Won't even be close to $500 to fix.

Resourcefulness is much more effective than *****ery.
Old 10-14-04, 03:53 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: SEEMS A WASTE TO SPEND MORE MONEY

Originally posted by LeXuSrAcIn
You sure are stupid assuming all those things. Next time be sure to have your facts straight before accusing me of abusing a car. And wtf is your problem saying I broke all those things on purpose?? That might be something you could only think of with your demented mind.

I'm only going to say one last thing: I feel sorry for your kids.
Old 10-15-04, 03:19 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR MY KIDS

Don't feel sorry for my kids guy. They are fine. MY kids don't come on this site looking for sympathy. And all 4 of my cars work just fine, thank you. I know you don't like what I said, but sometimes the truth hurts. YOU SAID YOURSELF that you run the heck out of your cars man, or don't you remember half the junk coming out of your mouth?

You ramble on and on about car after car, (mostly very expensive ones), and it seems to be more dreaming than reality. I could entertain others by dreaming about the cars I would like to own too. Quit trying to impress us with your supposed "knowledge" on all these cars. That is not required to be a part of Clublexus. We are after all, just people.

If the car does not do what it is supposed to do, GET RID OF IT AND QUIT WHINING. People have offered you money for the car, but you refuse. Go fix your car in peace and come back when you have something constructive to say.

Get out of college, earn some money, buy all the cars you want. When you gain a little experience and insight about things, you won't have to go on and on about stuff. But the rest of us have been where you are, and we work hard for a living, and we appreciate the cars we own.

Go back and read some of the comments you made in your first few posts, and MAYBE you can see why I have the attitude I do. I've done my share of HOT RODDING in the past too, and gotten my share of tickets, so I am no choir boy. But some of your comments just make me shake my head and laugh. I don't blame the car when I know that I was responsible for what happened to it. I have always been courteous with people on this site. I too suffered a major accident with my first GS400, and this group of people have been there for me. Accidents do happen, and we are there for each other.

On this site, when most of us have a problem with our cars, we state the facts, and ask if anyone else has seen or heard of it. We either try to fix it oursellves, or we take it to someplace that can, and pass the good word. Ever since you started you have complained about Lexus reliability, and how your car has let you down.

We are generally friendly people, and truly sympathize with people when they seem to have genuine problems. BUT we also are quick to raise the B/S flag when certain things don't add up.

The fact is MOST of us don't have half the problems you have with your car. GEE I WONDER WHY???
COULD it be the DRIVER?? Only you can answer THAT one.

I am one person, and can't possibly speak for all of us, but too many things you say border on the ridiculous, and just MAYBE a few others feel like I do.

This is also my last post to you sir. . I've already fanned the flames of this fire way too much. I've said what I wanted to.

HAVE A NICE LIFE

Last edited by gserep1; 10-15-04 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-17-04, 12:56 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default mmm

me and LeXuSrAcIn have a difference.. and that is i pour all the cars on after market parts.. and he pours it on maintanance.. poor guy hahahhahah =P

my car never fails me.. sometimes my air suspension acts up.. thats all HAHAHHAAHHAHA but u know that just means i have to hit the switches a couple more times!