LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 05:43 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.

Has anyone heard of or installed after market wires on a Lexus yet?

My friend said there is a company that makes them for the JZS 147/161 - UCF 10 -21 & Harrier. He saw them being installed on a Celsior UCF11 about 5-6 months ago at a speed shop.

The only thing he knows was for what cars and they were red in color. I just happen to be talking to him about some for my car and he told me this. He does not remember who makes them but he will find out for me.

Heck I told him while he was asking to order me some if the price was not tooooooo expensive.

By the way has anyone replaced all the wires with stock ones and how much did those cost?
Old 12-04-03, 03:00 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.

Originally posted by {-.-}
Has anyone heard of or installed after market wires on a Lexus yet?
Nope, but I found a company that claims their wires will fit on a 1UZ-FE engine.
http://vitekperformance.com/partdeta...roductID=12812

A friend of mine bought Vitek wires for his car (not a Lexus) and he said he noticed a bit more power. I helped him install them and they did not fit like the OEM ones, but they did work. So, considering that a set of Lexus OEM wires is a little over $100, these may be worth a try, but they may not fit perfectly. I was thinking about these Vitek wires myself but I'm gonna stick with OEM.
Old 12-04-03, 03:23 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

The ones over here cost way to much........$330

They come in 8 MM & 7 MM........ Company ULTRA

7 MM is for the 1UZ-FE

LQQK for the UCF 10-21
http://www.gem.hi-ho.ne.jp/cgi-bin/u...toyota&CLASS=1
Attached Thumbnails AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.-ultrawires.jpg  
Old 12-04-03, 09:41 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

I wish I knew Japanese enough to read that page, hahaha.

Did you know about the ones I suggested?
Old 12-05-03, 02:53 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Earl!
Did you know about the ones I suggested?
No cause all I ever hear about is folks buying the OEM ones. So I figured U.S. didnt have any. You said those are not a perfect fit.

I ask my friend to see if he could talk to the guy who got some installed and see how he like them & ask the speed shop how they fit. Not many VIP cars have a fixed up engine so I dont know of anyone I could ask.
Old 12-05-03, 10:40 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I've seen a few listings wandering the net and most are about $150. I was going to check a local ingintion shop about having some made up. Stock looks like it is 6.5-7mm, pretty small diamater as far as aftermarket wires go, these seem to be 8- 8.5mm.
Old 12-05-03, 12:30 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by {-.-}
You said those are not a perfect fit.
I said that the Vitek wires on my friends car did not fit perfectly. They were all within one inch of the factory wires. I read about the Vitek wires more and them seem much better than OEM wires. I am in need of a tune-up...I'm kinda on the fence right now not sure what wires I'll buy. I'm gonna have to take a look at my engine with the wire covers off to see how much room there actually is. I might email Vitek and ask them too....
Old 12-09-03, 08:14 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Earl!
I might email Vitek and ask them too....
Did you happen to email them? Im thinking of going ahead and getting some from VITEK. The ones over here JAPAN cost to much.

Last edited by {-.-}; 12-09-03 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-09-03, 09:22 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

I emailed them tonight. I'll post when I hear back.
Old 12-09-03, 10:24 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Great looking forward to the reply.........
Old 12-10-03, 09:19 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Post Good news

I got a nice detailed response from Vitek today.

Hey Carl,
Vitek is one of the only manufacturers to make true performance wires for the Lexus LS400. Our part number for this product is 80E37 followed by the first letter of the color. Example: 80E37R is red. Our wires are of the highest quality available on the market today. They are triple insulated and carry a limited lifetime warranty.

we originally started making them for the Lexus LS400 back in 1996 and because we are about the only company that makes performance wires for Lexus, Of course we sell alot of them, and yes we have sold many LS400 sets over the years. In fact, it is one of our highest refferal products. One guy gets them and then his friends see them and how well they work and the orders just keep growing. Our special is set to expire at the end of December, so if you want to get them I would reccomend that you get your order in. I will tell you that because the Lexus wires are actually one of our more expensive wire sets to build, this discount puts you right around cost on the product. It is a fantastic deal.

"Thank You" for you inquiry and I hope that I have answered your question today.
I'm convinced now, just need to decide on a color .
Old 12-11-03, 04:00 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Cool Im in too............... I want the Hot pick ones J/K

I need to look on the site to see what colors they have....... red or yellow would be good for me.

Thanks Earl
Old 12-15-03, 09:48 PM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just check out the site for the ignition wires. I had seen it before a long time ago, but I think I'm gonna try them too. What color should I get? White or Silver? My car is White but I have Chrome wire loom to decorate the engine bay.
Old 12-15-03, 10:58 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Wide LS
I just check out the site for the ignition wires. I had seen it before a long time ago, but I think I'm gonna try them too. What color should I get? White or Silver? My car is White but I have Chrome wire loom to decorate the engine bay.
I like a few diffrent colors in my engine bay. White would be good you should mix up the colors a little.
Old 01-07-04, 10:13 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Post Finally!

After waiting and waiting (shipping took forever) I finally have my new wires . Now the only question is, when will it be warm enough in MN to install them? I've gotta get a few more things for the tune-up, but the weather is my main problem. These wires look sweet. I sure hope they fit as the guy claimed.
Attached Thumbnails AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.-picture-003sm.jpg  

Quick Reply: AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.