LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

picked mine up today

Old 11-14-03, 08:10 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool picked mine up today

My wife and I picked up our black/black modern sport with 18 chromes. I am just blown away. Wonderful car just what I expected and more. This car can spoil you. I like the smart access. The ride is sporty and a little , very little, harsh on large bumps. I would only recommend the sport to a real sports car type driver. For mom and dad the 17's will be much softer. Its just right for me. I was worried that the chromes would not come in but gm also suggest he made major effort to get them. It took six weeks. Then he had the salesman jack me another $500 on the phone. When are these guys going to learn. Anyway I told to keep it and not to call but they did and I got it for the price we agreed upon.I also ordered mich pilot a/s . It going to snow here in the midwest. I will have 18 in take offs. Larry
Old 11-14-03, 10:06 PM
drink300
Lexus Champion

Congratulations! You will love this car more and more every day you drive it. BTW...the ONLY flaw in my LS430 is that it is also harsh over the bumps for some reason. So, I am not sure if it is directly related to the 18's and the sport. Either way, you made a good choice. Enjoy!

drink300
2003 LS430 Custom Luxury Parch/Ecru w/17" chrome
Old 11-15-03, 04:58 AM
RajaReMax
Driver

Thumbs up

It won't be long before you don't even notice the bumps in the road. You'll start finding yourself getting up earlier for work, taking the long way..., asking your spouse or significant other if they need for you to go pick up random items at the grocery, run errands, etc... The old Lexus commercial about the guy who was out all night is dead-on. I found myself going out to Best-Buy for more new music at 8:30 last night when it was cold & rainy.

You'll discover the most amazing things about your car in the coming days, such as the way the sideview mirrors & interior lights, light up when you walk up to the car at night or in the dark. (As long as you have your key in your pocket or purse)

I'm sure like most of us, you've always had a cd player in your old car, but now you'll find yourself pulling out old music and buying new music just so it can be heard over the fabulous Mark Levinson sound system.

Any reason to drive the new LS...Congrats! I've had mine for 2 weeks now.
Old 11-15-03, 07:16 AM
Brett
Rookie

Awesome, i picked up the exact same car 2 weeks ago, I LOVE IT. Hope you will too
Old 11-15-03, 09:35 AM
thailegend
Pole Position

congrats
Old 11-15-03, 04:19 PM
daveval
Driver School Candidate

Congrats to you lucky new LS owners.

Since many of you are getting the Euro Sport, which is what I'm looking at too, I need more input. It seems in NJ thie sport option i s not available to test drive . I'm used to driving the GS400 and hope that the euro sport LS will be a bit softer. I've driven the standard LS and it's fine, but would like a little frimer feel if I can get it without to much harshness.

Can some of you expand a little more on your reaction to the euro ride, please. Don't want to make a $60,000 mistake.
Old 11-15-03, 05:06 PM
RajaReMax
Driver

Hello Dave-
The ride of the sport suspension is more firm than the standard LS, without a doubt. However its unmistakebly a "Lexus" firm, not like a BMW...I drove both versions of the LS and I went with the sport...Plus the 18" wheels & tires are much sportier than the standard versions.

The wheels make the car...I compared the BMW 5 & 7, MB Eclass & the LS. The LS was the biggest, most luxurious and personally the best looking.

Congrats on getting a new LS...You'll simply love it! Here's a picture of mine...
Attached Thumbnails picked mine up today-raja-s-ls430.jpg  
Old 11-15-03, 05:39 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Gorgeous car
Old 11-15-03, 05:53 PM
Brett
Rookie

I think calling the suspension "sport" is only in comparison to the standard LEXUS ride. it would by no means be considered sporty when compared to a car meant to handle. I find it softer than my old non-magnetic STS.
Old 11-15-03, 09:31 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Lightbulb sport pkg

All good comments but you need to drive one some how. I wasn't worried but it could be a mitake to others. Ask dealers to hook you up with a customer who has one. It's not just the small side walls on the 18's. It's also were you live. The roads are much better in warmer climates.Chicago, Detriot etc roads are terrible. Not so in the south or west.

Last edited by carguyay; 11-15-03 at 09:42 PM.