Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Pics: 6-LED (Xenon White) wedge bulb VS. Polarg M6 & M4

Old 07-23-03, 04:02 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 6 led bulbs came in today!

i'll take some pics tonight between these and the blue tinted/white bulbs i have. but in the daylight it looks like the 6led is purplish compared to my 6000k hid (i have an SC400).
Old 07-23-03, 10:31 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

ok, i took some pics (well it looks like cl won't let me display them)

the color is a little off on the first one, the right side should be a little more yellow, fog lights a little more yellow and the 6 led a little more purple. but as you can see the led side doesn't light up the housing as much but you can see it much more clearly in the distance. the blue wedge bulb on the right just gets drowned out by the 6000k hid.

in the 2nd pic it is more easily seen that the right side fills up the housing with more light (but it is much less noticeable at a distance) again the led is much more noticeable (it has a cleaner looking light).

overall i wish that these were more white but i'm going to stick with them because i won't have as much reflected lighting when my modded headlights get back and the m6 bulb looks really great but really don't want to open the housing just to replace it when it burns out. these are very intense from head on.
Old 07-24-03, 05:46 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by hellasboy

overall i wish that these were more white but i'm going to stick with them because i won't have as much reflected lighting when my modded headlights get back and the m6 bulb looks really great but really don't want to open the housing just to replace it when it burns out. these are very intense from head on.
You don't have to open the housing to replace a burnt out m6 parking light. Once you do the mod and removed the piece so that it will fit, you can pull it out and put it back in like normal.
Old 07-24-03, 07:28 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SWEET!!

I just got my two pairs last night and put them in my GS as well as the city lights in my Nissan 200SX. These things are awesome!!! And to think that I used these to replace a pair of two-LED bulbs from PIAA that I paid like $20+ for............I'm very pleased.
Old 07-24-03, 10:45 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Originally posted by PHML
Hameed -

I used this 6-LED bulb for my clear side markers, my wedge (next to high beam), and my rear license plate. I moved my Polarg M-6 to my reverse lights.

Pete
PHML, why don't you use amber LEDs for your clear side markers? Aren't you risking getting a ticket with clear bulbs?
Old 07-24-03, 11:13 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
PHML, why don't you use amber LEDs for your clear side markers? Aren't you risking getting a ticket with clear bulbs?
Yo Sam -

I wanted the side markers to match the wedge and HID.....

In my opinion, the cops here dont really pay too much attention to Lexus/MB/etc. cars....mainly ricer cars like Honda and Acura...that drop too low without recon certification. Cops also go after obvious fake HIDs that are really blue....mainly cuz the color is too similar to the cop's flashing dome lights.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 07-24-03 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-24-03, 11:17 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Default Re: SWEET!!

Originally posted by ebruceii
I just got my two pairs last night and put them in my GS as well as the city lights in my Nissan 200SX. These things are awesome!!! And to think that I used these to replace a pair of two-LED bulbs from PIAA that I paid like $20+ for............I'm very pleased.
ebruceii -

Glad to hear you enjoy them.

Actually, I believe you were the very one who got me hooked on LEDs a few months back. I was just lucky to give CH Lau a try... can't beat the price...huh?

Thanks Bro.

Pete
Old 08-04-03, 06:10 PM
apanju
Rookie

Default WICKED

Those LED look a million bucks...What is the wedge..I want to change my Day Tinme Runninng Lights and Hi beams. Will these LED fit in the smaller GS 400 lights? I do not have clear markers...so will it make any differnece to the Orange side markers?
Old 08-04-03, 06:54 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Default Re: WICKED

Originally posted by apanju
Those LED look a million bucks...What is the wedge..I want to change my Day Tinme Runninng Lights and Hi beams. Will these LED fit in the smaller GS 400 lights? I do not have clear markers...so will it make any differnece to the Orange side markers?
The wedge bulb is located next to the High Beam (9005) bulb.....these LEDs should fit perfectly. As for your side markers...if you gonna keep the stock orange markers....no sense buying LEDs for them. Dont forget your rear license plates lights.

Pete
Old 08-04-03, 11:00 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Actually, I believe you were the very one who got me hooked on LEDs a few months back. I was just lucky to give CH Lau a try... can't beat the price...huh?
no problem Pete!!

I do not have clear markers...so will it make any differnece to the Orange side markers?
Actually I wouldn't put these 6-LED bulbs in your side markers....trust me they would be waaaay 2 bright!! I put the PIAA 2-LED bulds in my clear side markers and it's pretty bright. 6-LED bulbs underneath stock orange corners would kinda defeat the whole purpose of these bulbs if you ask me.
Old 08-09-03, 10:51 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

I like the looks, but how dose it look in the daytime?
Old 08-19-03, 02:55 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

Just received 4 LED bulbs from C.H. Lau today. Kind of disappointed with the outcome. Too blue compare to stock HID and not as bright. I guess it would look good for those with 6000K HIDs.

Anyone want to purchase all four (4) bulbs (one slightly used for 10 minutes) for $10 (shipping included).

Where else can I use these LED bulbs? I think it is too intense for side markers.

Chu...
Old 08-19-03, 06:04 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

FYI

I did buy a set and I was happy with it for a couple of days.
However, after about 4 days, the color faded. One is now light blue while the other one is dark blue/purple.

I contacted the seller, but I have to have a response from him. ( I sent him an email with pictures showing the difference).

Now I'm back to PIAA plasma bulbs.
Old 08-19-03, 07:35 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

guys, the color that comes from these bulbs is due to the optical properties of the headlight housings they are in. These bulbs are just white LEDs and that's it. All it takes is a slight adjustment inside the housing to get the colors to match. Simple.
Old 08-19-03, 07:39 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by ChuH
Just received 4 LED bulbs from C.H. Lau today. Kind of disappointed with the outcome. Too blue compare to stock HID and not as bright. I guess it would look good for those with 6000K HIDs.

Anyone want to purchase all four (4) bulbs (one slightly used for 10 minutes) for $10 (shipping included).

Where else can I use these LED bulbs? I think it is too intense for side markers.

Chu...
You might wanna try putting them in the courtesy lights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics: 6-LED (Xenon White) wedge bulb VS. Polarg M6 & M4