Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

IJDMToy Fog Lights

Old 11-19-11, 11:45 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IJDMToy Fog Lights

hey all,

i recently purchased the garax 6000K bulbs from ijdmtoy with great sucess and no complaints at all. Now im looking to do my Fog lights and when I was about to check out my purchase on their website it gives the option for.... 1 set, error free, can-bus decoders.....as well as 1 set 12V 40A HID Relay Wiring Harness.....

my question is two fold. 1. has anyone purchased this kit and can give feedback? 2. clicking the links, can anyone tell me if these two items are really optional or needed? I do have a large and power consuming audio system but it appears to me that these things are just plug and play. I did use my search button though.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Slim-Digita...ersion_kit.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Deco...us_decoder.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Convers...adapter_04.htm
Old 11-19-11, 01:31 PM
irishcharm
Driver

I also forgot to say that I own an 06 IS250 AWD
Old 11-19-11, 01:48 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The CAN-bus decoder isn't necessary. The wiring harness is an option I'd recommend.

Judging by the pics and price, that kit looks like a generic Ebay kit. If I were you, I'd fork out the extra dough and go with a better quality kit from XenonDepot (Xtreme Digital kit)
Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Remember that forum members receive a $25 discount on an HID kit so make sure to enter coupon code "CL" upon checkout
to get $25 off. We also have FREE SHIPPING on orders over $70 to the lower 48 states for a very limited time!

or Retrofit Source. Both kits include a wiring harness.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3957
Old 11-19-11, 05:57 PM
irishcharm
Driver

the xenondepot xtreme kit isnt available in 6000K, which is my headlight color. also from what ive been reading all of the kits look the same to me. within reason. i mean i know the ballasts need to be quality and such.
Old 11-19-11, 09:54 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell the HID kit for $75 shipped and premium HID kit for $150 shipped. there will be no error code and no flickering/power up issue guarantee!. no need other decorder or caneller.
Old 11-20-11, 06:20 AM
irishcharm
Driver

what about the ijdm makes it an ebay kit. not to be funny, other than a denso ballast, all the kits are seeming to look the same in about every aspect. and the ballast look like the just have a company name in laminate on the ballasts.

also. I have seen pictures of the ijdm hid fogs matched perfectly with the Garax 6000K low beams and I want to keep my color the same. Too bad kbcarstuff doesnt sell a 6000K extreme kit

Last edited by irishcharm; 11-20-11 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-21-11, 01:53 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just based on pricing, the fact that a wiring harness isn't included (like most ebay kits), and the fact that I found the same slim ballast they include in their kit for sale on Ebay for $12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35W-Replacem...ht_3057wt_1064

I'm a pretty firm believer in "you get what you pay for" in most cases, but ultimately it's your call. The ijdmtoy kit might be a decent kit or it might be one of those ebay kits that can be had for $30-40. You won't know until you receive the kit and have it installed on the car. From my experience cheap ballasts are generally much lighter in weight and will not provide enough juice to fully power up your hid bulbs causing them to look bluer/dimmer than they should be. Whichever you decide, hope it works out for you.
Old 11-23-11, 01:44 PM
irishcharm
Driver

ah....thats a good call. looks pretty similar in views. maybe thats why i havent seen any posts about this company yet. just waiting to see if there are any other kits available on black friday/cyber monday.......research will continue.

i wonder if there is a way to wire these lol. http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Genuine-Den...ast-oem-01.htm

Last edited by irishcharm; 11-23-11 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-23-11, 01:48 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by irishcharm
hey all,

i recently purchased the garax 6000K bulbs from ijdmtoy with great sucess and no complaints at all. Now im looking to do my Fog lights and when I was about to check out my purchase on their website it gives the option for.... 1 set, error free, can-bus decoders.....as well as 1 set 12V 40A HID Relay Wiring Harness.....

my question is two fold. 1. has anyone purchased this kit and can give feedback? 2. clicking the links, can anyone tell me if these two items are really optional or needed? I do have a large and power consuming audio system but it appears to me that these things are just plug and play. I did use my search button though.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Slim-Digita...ersion_kit.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Deco...us_decoder.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Convers...adapter_04.htm
The relay and canbus decoders are not required for Lexus vehicles. In our experience, the only vehicles that need the HID relays are American vehicles where the stock harness from the vehicle does not provide enough power to the lights causing them to flicker or only have one side turn on.

The canbus error free decoders are used for European vehicles that have computers that let the driver know that the lights are out (Light out indicators and such). It also prevents issues such as flickering.

All in all, Japanese vehicles do not need either of the options, you can just purchase the kit directly and it'll be plug and play.
Old 11-23-11, 02:35 PM
irishcharm
Driver

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
Just based on pricing, the fact that a wiring harness isn't included (like most ebay kits), and the fact that I found the same slim ballast they include in their kit for sale on Ebay for $12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35W-Replacem...ht_3057wt_1064

I'm a pretty firm believer in "you get what you pay for" in most cases, but ultimately it's your call. The ijdmtoy kit might be a decent kit or it might be one of those ebay kits that can be had for $30-40. You won't know until you receive the kit and have it installed on the car. From my experience cheap ballasts are generally much lighter in weight and will not provide enough juice to fully power up your hid bulbs causing them to look bluer/dimmer than they should be. Whichever you decide, hope it works out for you.
response from ijdm, out of curiosity? .....a strong debate always yields great results.
Old 11-23-11, 03:48 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The term "you get what you pay for" is very true when dealing with HIDs. I do agree that when you purchase kits that are worth less than $50, you really are getting what you pay for. You also have to keep in mind this:

HIDs have been out on the market for so long now that the technology has been replicated many, many times over. Most of the kits you see on the market are the same generic kit that have a different brand name and price. The only real difference out there right now that I think is the determining factor between choosing different kits is the type of ballast being used:

Analog vs Digital

Analog
Analog ballasts rely on coils, resistors, and capacitors to turn the DC power into AC power to light up the HID bulbs. This is an archaic design that produces a fluctuation of voltage to the HID bulbs which shortens the life dramatically and overtime, the output of the light becomes noticeably dimmer. Analog ballasts do not create excessive heat.

These ballasts rely directly on the vehicle's power harness for power. As you all know, turning off and on certain electrical parts and driving in general causes fluctuations of voltage which in turn affects the HID bulb. Since analog ballasts do not provide a stable voltage to the HID bulb, these fluctuations ultimately cause the HID bulb to fail prematurely.

Digital
Digital ballasts use processor chips and a more advanced way of turning DC power into AC power to light up the HID bulbs. This type of ballast provides a more stable output of power to the HID bulbs which prolongs their life. Less fluctuations and a stable voltage = longer life span of an HID bulb.

(Here's a kicker though: Even though it's a digital ballast, if you have a crappy quality kit, it will produce more heat than an analog ballast! Good quality digital ballasts should produce little to no heat at all)

Analog ballasts do not provide a stable voltage to the HID bulbs, but digital ballasts do. It "filters" the power coming from the vehicle's stock harness and creates a stable voltage so that the HID bulbs lasts longer.

Those are the facts. We've sold numerous quantities of our HID kits so they are not a problematic product, we would not have a good reputation among our many customers if they were. I'll admit, with every mass production unit, there will always be a defective piece here and there, but overall, our defect rate for these kits are very low.