Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

RECOMMENDATION FOR DDMTUning (HID Fog Lights)

Old 03-10-12, 06:16 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up RECOMMENDATION FOR DDMTUning (HID Fog Lights)

DDMtuning recommendation for several reasons:

1) They have a full-time Technical Support staff, that you can call either Pre-Sale or Post Sale. And they know their stuff, and are VERY HELPFUL.

2) DDMTuning strongly recommends the ANALOG - NOT "digital" ballasts - for Lexus LS460's. They clearly will tell you that you will have LONGER LIFE and FEWER PROBLEMS using the "analog" ballast. Analog Ballasts - as contrasted to "Digital" ballasts - are THICKER (ie, bulkier). DDMTuning calls these their RAPTOR Ballasts. You will have to speak to them (Tech support) for other Lexus models.

3) The bulbs vendors supply are NOT all equal in light/color emission. The bulbs supplied by DDMTuning will yield a STRONGER color palatte, especially noticeable if you do choose the 3000K "Amber" (Yellow) color. Far more DEEP GOLD. A VERY VERY APPEALING color choice !

4) DDMTuning gives you a Lifetime Warranty on BOTH Ballasts - AND - both Lamps/bulbs. No other company/supplier we investigated does this. They make this warranty very clear on their website.

5) In general, except for "cheap" units on Ebay (that offer NO WARRANTY and NO "live" support staff whatsoever), DDMTuning offers you probably the highest Quality kit for the lowest price.

By the way ......... Receipt of product after ordering does take a couple weeks. However, the wait is well worth this short time. If you research this company and its products, what you'll find is that there are about 20 or so SATISFIED C.L. members who have used them for every 1 person who says they had some sort of problem (generally an inconvenience).

Other than these 5 decisive POSITIVE DDMTuning reasons, I offer and have no opinion at all. LOL And of course, I should add I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company, and have not been compensated in any manner, financial or otherwise, for my statements contained herein. Whew ! The legalities are now done.

Here's the website URL for the RAPTOR kit many of us purchase:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

Wishing you good luck and success in whatever you choose. PLEASE make sure you choose the 35W kit - NOT the 55W watt (For the RAPTOR kit).

Mikey Lulejian - Fishing on Lake Oconee, GA
Old 03-19-12, 04:51 AM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

why not use the 55w?
Old 04-09-12, 05:19 PM
MrSuave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DDM Tuning is Legit.
Old 04-17-12, 12:07 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

lol since when were they legit? the only thing i've heard positive from them is that if you're local they'll give you new bulbs WHEN your old ones die out after 9months-1year...

Old 04-17-12, 03:52 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

3+ yrs in my dd and my ddm bulbs haven't burnt yet.
Old 04-26-12, 03:29 PM
TheRusski
Rookie

Had them on my E46 for 2 years and finally one bulb went out, but their color scale if a bit off, if you want true 8k look you gotta get 10k bulbs
Old 04-26-12, 09:33 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

i heard DDM customer service is horrible.

i haven't had problems with them, they arent the nicest and horrible over the phone with waiting time but cant complain everything's dirt cheap and they have lifetime warranty.

haven't had issues bought 2 ballasts from them. also don't recommend the 55w as you don't have a reason to need it that bright, and they burn/melt your housing
Old 05-14-12, 03:09 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have bought HID kits from xenondepot and ddmtuning at about the same time 2.5 years ago.

The kit I got from xenondepot has bulbs with uneven lighting (one is white, the other one has a light yellow hue). There are days when the bulb with the yellow hue will just flicker and will not turn on.

The kit I got from DDMTuning has been flawless, easier to install and costs less than half of that from xenondepot. Last month, one of the bulb just went dead so I contacted them to get a replacement. Lo and behold, replacement is free, it has lifetime warranty, I didn't even have a receipt. They just looked up my name on their system and the nice lady handed me a new bulb after checking and making sure the old one is busted. Having this kind of warranty and customer service means that DDMTuning stands behind their products.
Old 05-15-12, 11:27 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

DDM stuff is decent but from what i heard now is that if your not local and ordering a kit from them it takes forever to get to your house now. i believe if you order a kit from them it comes straight from China. I never had problems with them but some of my friends waited over a month just to receive a kit just because they are so popular on demand. But overall their stuff works and is decently priced. Had my hid fogs for 2 years now and haven't had a problem with them.
Old 05-26-12, 10:11 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

if your local, it the best. the reason there customer service can sometimes lag is cause they are busy. i have walked in and had to wait up to 30-45 min case there was 5-7 people in front of me. but v=leds carries a better selection, but it is abot 2x as much on the average.

and i have bought about 12 kits and 40 led's with only 1 bulb had an issue, drove over and swapped it out no questions asked.
Old 12-08-12, 06:04 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed my DDM Tuning HIDs and 6000k D4S's and couldn't be happier. Super high quality bulbs and kit with nice, even color. Highly recommended.

As for the document posted above, the "Engrish" in that screams pissed off Chinese competitor trying to get back.

Last edited by jsmacks; 12-08-12 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-24-12, 10:17 PM
LuiB
Driver School Candidate

I've had my DDM Tuning HID's for 3 years now. Never had a single problem with them.
Friends haven't had a problem with their kits either.
Old 12-26-12, 04:09 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DDM tuning probably is getting away with a little dirty bussiness, but till my bulbs (which Ive had 4 years) give out, I have no problem with them.
Old 01-08-13, 07:28 PM
tacosmashr
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a pretty good experience with them when I had a ballast on my 4runner wouldn't not stay on. Sent them my ballast and they tested and confirmed the problem and sent me a new ballast and bulb ( yes i made not of the serial numbers of both ballast). I've had them in my 4runner ( 55watt 4300k kit) for over 2 years with no problem whatsoever. And I had heard plenty of other bad things from them on a a few other forums (ttora and t4r.org) but i had no problems at all.

Cant really tell but the headlights are the 55watt 4300k DDM hits

The spots are also hits and the big one is a rigid