Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

RX 300 clear corners... help

Old 03-03-02, 09:54 AM
hleo1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, did you order the "Philips Silvervision"? Those are the best ones, other bulbs can't compare... Believe me, those Japanese, Taiwanese or whereever can't compare to the Philips Silvervision...
Old 03-03-02, 11:41 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey those are the ones I got.... I just put the clear corners on.. It was a breeze... You know learning from everyones mistakes makes it a snap... Altogether it took me like 25 min. And since I thought I would be out there for at least an hour, I went and took off one of the mudgaurds to see if it would be hard and to get to those rear corners would be easy too...

Then I took out the one of the rear lights to see the blinker bulb. Easy too, 2 screws and pull, and it's off.....

Hendry, About those front blinkers... Would you know anything about getting that yellow shell around the bulb?? The rear doesn't have it, it's just a yellow bulb, but the front does...
Old 03-03-02, 12:27 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Mike, you're right! I have already changed the rear blinkers to Silvervision bulbs, they are awesome...

As for the front blinkers, the only way I can think of "eliminating" the yellow plastic shell is by "cracking" them... So we'll need to remove the headlamp housings, remove the blinker bulbs, then crack the yellow plastic shell... Slowly crack it all clean (so no more yellow bits and pieces... then either slowly remove the plastic pieces or just shake the housing upside-down...

I've done this before on my older foglights for GS300, it had the yellow cover in the foglights too...
Old 03-03-02, 02:00 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hendry, I figured that.... I was thinking maybe it was removable... See being that I have that front brushgaurd on it would be a pain in the a$$. I would have to take it off and put it back again..... That's not happening..... Maybe break it and stick a vaccum in there?? I don't know..... Oh and another thing.. I also bought those Phillips Blue Vision bulbs for the High's and the Fog's..... Would you know how they look by any chance??
Old 03-03-02, 02:45 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Mike, I have no idea about the Philips Blue vision... my guess is they would be nice too... I know that some Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese blue bulbs may not last long... like PIAA, Polarg, Nokya, etc... I've heard many people having to replace the bulbs within 6 months or 1 year...

Since you already have the front guards on, yeah... it would be a pain having to remove that... Hmm...

well, when you say "break" it, how can you break it without having to remove the headlamp housing, though? the space is very tight... then I'd assume when you break it, there'll be some "bigger pieces" that you'd need to "break into smaller pieces" so you can vacumn them all out, right?

ck...ck...ck... tough... tough...

Old 03-03-02, 03:49 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I was figuring maybe putting a leather glove on and go though the hole where the light is placed and break it with my finger... Chip all of the yellow away then stick the vaccum hose to it.. I don't know if it would work, just thinking of things that could get the yellow out of there without me taking the whole headlight unit out....
Old 03-03-02, 04:46 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

whats that silver vision bulb u guys talking about??

also, hopefully i'm going to go pick up my bulbs tomorrow..

Hey mike, post a step by step way to take out the side markers, i want to do it tomorrow when i get my bulbs... that is if i do get it hahah

also, how do i fax to a number in germany i think or europe?
do i just press 1 first then the rest of the number?
just making sure, gotta fax my agreement for my HIDS so they will ship it to me
Old 03-03-02, 05:17 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

I also have thought about taking out the orange shell. I already have the clear sides installed put in superwhite bulbs, and the upper corner bulbs changed to blue. And my Lows and Highs changed to superwhite. I hate the turn signal shell.

HOW much are the blue foglights? what are the price ranges of them??? and how hard are they to install.
Old 03-03-02, 06:38 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Spinteews,

Are you ordering your HIDs from Autolamps-online? They require us to fax back agreement, I did that too... Well, from your fax, dial (011-country code- number) for example for autolamps-online's fax: 011 44 1244 881988.
Old 03-03-02, 08:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by PlanetAudioRX
HOW much are the blue foglights? what are the price ranges of them??? and how hard are they to install.
Blue Foglights??? If you are talking about the factory fogs, it is as easy to to install as your high's and low's.... Just further down... To make life easier I would take the battery out, so you would have more room to work with... And as far as the otherside goes, Where you put the windsheild wiper fluid in, unscrew that... Then grab and turn it, it should twist right out of the tank.... That's how I replaced my fogs last time....
Old 03-04-02, 08:08 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

I mean, the Phillips Blue Vision.
Where can I purchase them and how much are they.
Old 03-05-02, 07:35 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by PlanetAudioRX
I mean, the Phillips Blue Vision.
Where can I purchase them and how much are they.
Don't try to get them yet..... Let me see how they look on my car first. I don't know anyone who has them so I have no clue how there are going to turn out.... Maybe they'll look crappy and you'd waste your money.... I should have them in by Friday...
Old 03-05-02, 07:37 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Here is where I got mine........
Old 03-05-02, 09:38 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hleo, ok cool, i faxed my response to them earlier... how long you think its going to take for them to deliver it? damn, i was looking at some 8000ks pictures and damn are they nice... hahah dunno mabbie i should had went 8000k... but o well hahah

Mike, Hendry, for the rear tail lights, is it the 2 plastic coverings for the screw and then u unscrew it and pull out the rear lamps??? if so i want to change my blinkers...
Old 03-05-02, 09:49 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

You got it, Mike.... Easy as hell... But make sure when you pull the lights out, you clean where the light sits...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX 300 clear corners... help