Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights
Sponsored by:

TSX into an SC300 *Lots of pictures*

 
Old 09-23-08, 12:45 PM
  #46  
timmy0tool
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
timmy0tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 909/626/714, SoCal
Posts: 4,830
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

good work long! gotta love the TSX output!
timmy0tool is offline  
Old 09-23-08, 02:21 PM
  #47  
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Blkexcoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,896
Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by timmy0tool View Post
good work long! gotta love the TSX output!
Thanks Tim, but tsx in the sc doesn't even compare to tsx in the accord.


Blkexcoupe is offline  
Old 09-23-08, 06:04 PM
  #48  
GSteg
Rookie
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 15,998
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

TSX in SC doesn't even look like the output exceeds OEM HID on some cars

TSX in accord was badass.
GSteg is offline  
Old 09-23-08, 10:11 PM
  #49  
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Blkexcoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,896
Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
TSX in SC doesn't even look like the output exceeds OEM HID on some cars

TSX in accord was badass.
Yeah, the accord was awesome. I miss that car.
Blkexcoupe is offline  
Old 10-19-08, 11:23 AM
  #50  
infiniti24
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
infiniti24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 404
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm haveing cut off issues with my projectors from audi tt its yellow on top instead of blue not shure why so instead of flashing purple and blue at night i have flashing yellow and blue
infiniti24 is offline  
Old 10-19-08, 08:05 PM
  #51  
GSteg
Rookie
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 15,998
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by infiniti24 View Post
I'm haveing cut off issues with my projectors from audi tt its yellow on top instead of blue not shure why so instead of flashing purple and blue at night i have flashing yellow and blue
Some projectors are like that. Not ever projectors have the same color cutoff. Not to mention, you lose some color as light passes through the lens.
GSteg is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 12:16 AM
  #52  
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod
 
Kaydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver >> Hong Kong
Posts: 6,713
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

my TSX projectors also have cutoff issues, the passenger side is completely screwed...but as long as I still a cutoff and no glare and have output, don't really care

did you guys deline the plastic lense? 85122+ bulbs? I have 85122 bulbs and output is like halogen...terrible, but when I had the + bulbs I was brighter than 95% of the road
Kaydee is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 11:42 AM
  #53  
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Blkexcoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,896
Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
my TSX projectors also have cutoff issues, the passenger side is completely screwed...but as long as I still a cutoff and no glare and have output, don't really care

did you guys deline the plastic lense? 85122+ bulbs? I have 85122 bulbs and output is like halogen...terrible, but when I had the + bulbs I was brighter than 95% of the road
Too lazy to deline my headlights. I'll probably buy brand new oem headlights in the future since the yellow annoys me. That is only if no one buys my car soon.

The light reflects off the bottom of the headlights at the curve and causes glare. I want to find a way to fix that before I do a new retrofit.
Blkexcoupe is offline  
Old 04-06-09, 11:10 PM
  #54  
Peter_95
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 2,075
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe View Post
Too lazy to deline my headlights. I'll probably buy brand new oem headlights in the future since the yellow annoys me. That is only if no one buys my car soon.

The light reflects off the bottom of the headlights at the curve and causes glare. I want to find a way to fix that before I do a new retrofit.
so have you found a way to get rid of this glare?
Peter_95 is offline  
Old 04-07-09, 07:42 AM
  #55  
GSteg
Rookie
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 15,998
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

He hasn't touched his headlights since the retro, other than trying to fix his broken highbeam

I doubt you can get rid of the glare unless you paint a matte surface onto the chrome shroud..but then it'll look ugly. It just happens that the shroud gets in the way of the light output (another reason why output isn't as great as the same retro in his previous accord).
GSteg is offline  
Old 04-13-09, 06:55 PM
  #56  
markesc
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 550
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm slowly piecing all of the components together; I have the bulbs/ballasts/lenses/brakets... now just waiting on the clear covers and I'm good to go...

I'm thinking of painting the chrome area more of a silver and maybe try to fade to a darker grey closer to the outer edge of the lens as I'm guessing the fluted area on the bottom of the lens is what is causing a good amount of the glare??
markesc is offline  
Old 04-13-09, 07:01 PM
  #57  
markesc
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 550
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

See: http://lexus4jess.com/sc300/IMG_0522.JPG

Those stupid flutes on the bottom / bottom right
markesc is offline  
Old 04-13-09, 11:50 PM
  #58  
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Blkexcoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,896
Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
He hasn't touched his headlights since the retro, other than trying to fix his broken highbeam

I doubt you can get rid of the glare unless you paint a matte surface onto the chrome shroud..but then it'll look ugly. It just happens that the shroud gets in the way of the light output (another reason why output isn't as great as the same retro in his previous accord).
its not broken, the tab just a little bent.


I believe the flutes are part of the problem, but I don't really want to paint them if I get clear lenses in the future.
Blkexcoupe is offline  
Old 04-16-09, 08:00 AM
  #59  
SNFL
Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Looks great!
SNFL is offline  
Old 05-05-09, 12:01 PM
  #60  
scme
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

dp they make the glass lens instead of plastic? wonder if that would make a difference?
scme is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSX into an SC300 *Lots of pictures*


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: