Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

RX 300 Lights not level

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-01, 11:58 AM
Goncookoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear all those RX300 gurus,

I just noticed that my passenger side headlight is lower than the drivers side.

I can see its slightly lower when i shine it on side of a wall. Plus if you run infront of the car and look at the lights, one seems dimmer than the other. but them if you lower you eye level, the one that is dimmer is not birgher and the brighter one is dimmer.

well, i just looked back there and i cant find anyway to adjust the level of the lights. is there anyway to do it myself? are there any screws I can tighten or loosen to adjust it?

I did see one really long screw that stuck out on the bottom. it was about 3 or 4 inches and screwed into the plastic housing. is that important?

are there any instructions on the web of how the light housing is installed or a general diagram of how they look and what goes where?

thanks,

goncookoo
Old 09-17-01, 07:53 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there are 2 long silver philips head screws sticking out of the back of the headlight fixture. The longest and actually easiest to get to is the one that adjusts the height. Put your car about 10-15ft from your closed garage door at night and turn the longer screw. No sure which direction is up or down, but you'll see the level of the light move as you turn the screw. Your best bet will probably be to just work with the headlamp that is pointing lower that the other and bring it up until the beams match on your garage door. Hope thie helps..