ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lighting (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lighting-128/)
-   -   need help on installing hid's !!!!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lighting/162629-need-help-on-installing-hids.html)

lexusondubs 05-13-05 12:41 PM

need help on installing hid's !!!!!

ok iam finally starting to install my complete hid's...i bought the zenon depot wiring harness and i have it installed but none of the wires match up from my stock headlights to my new hid's can somebody please help my car is in pieces and i have noo idea about this hid stuff here are some pics so you can better understand what iam talking about

lexusondubs 05-13-05 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the plugs i have including the zenondepot harness

lexusondubs 05-13-05 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my stock headlight

lexusondubs 05-13-05 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the hid housing

mikal 05-13-05 02:30 PM

so you're installing OEM HID housing on your non HID equipped car?

It's easy.. What i did was use two female plugs for 9006. Chopped off the oem plug and resoldered the 9006 on there.. Then plugged in the Wiring harness to ballast

mikal 05-13-05 02:39 PM

here's a pic that i edit for you.. **EDIT: Removed wrong pix.**

you can find the "MALE" (i think it's should be called female but when you order it.. choose male)
From suvlights.com

lexusondubs 05-13-05 02:54 PM

yes but the plug from the ballast is very small and that plug wont fit

lexusondubs 05-13-05 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the plug from the back of the ballast

mikal 05-13-05 03:38 PM

oops, pointed to the wrong clip on that picture above.

You're suppose to do that to the ballast clip on the housing.

I'll take a picture of mine later if you want.

mikal 05-13-05 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
updated picture of what you need to do.

Neo 05-13-05 03:55 PM

What wiring harness did you get? DId you tell Steve at XenonDepot what you were trying to do?

From the pic, it seems like the plug on the right is the 9006 from the car. The one in the middle is the one from the OEM ballast. These are the two you need to "connect". I am assuming the one of the left is the XenonDepot wiring? Does XenonDepot sell a harness that connects 9006 to the OEM ballast?

You can do what mikal did and buy 2 mating 9006 plug, cut off the plug from the ballast, and solder the leftover wiring from the ballast (red and black) onto the 9006 plug.

EDIT: LOL. mikal put up the pic while I was typing this. :D

lexusondubs 05-13-05 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
What wiring harness did you get? DId you tell Steve at XenonDepot what you were trying to do?

From the pic, it seems like the plug on the right is the 9006 from the car. The one in the middle is the one from the OEM ballast. These are the two you need to "connect". I am assuming the one of the left is the XenonDepot wiring? Does XenonDepot sell a harness that connects 9006 to the OEM ballast?

You can do what mikal did and buy 2 mating 9006 plug, cut off the plug from the ballast, and solder the leftover wiring from the ballast (red and black) onto the 9006 plug.

EDIT: LOL. mikal put up the pic while I was typing this. :D

yes i called steve and he told me i needed this harness so i bought exactly what he told me to get as far as the wiring i thought this harness was supposed to connect the ballast to the stock harness ?? :uh: why else would i need to buy that harness from zenondepot :egads: i wish steve would also chime in here also thanks very much to everybody so far for the help please keep it up to help me solve this problem thanks :thumbup:

Neo 05-13-05 04:35 PM

Here is the description from the XenonDepot website:

-------------------------------------------------------
The XenonDepot headlight wiring harness will include an upgraded fuse and relay. This harness will ensure you do not draw a higher current from your OEM vehicle harness than it was designed to provide. A proper mating connector will be be included so that you will be able to plug this harness into your OEM headlight harness with no wire splicing, cutting, or tapping. Please ensure to select the appropriate harness option.
---------------------------------------------------------

The included fuse and relay sounds like a good thing. The mating connector is wrong. I don't think their harnesses are made for OEM HIDs. I think it is more meant for HID kits retrofit into halogen setups. You can confirm that with Steve.

In any case, doing what mikal did (and using the relay from XenonDepot) seems like the way to go. You can see if Steve has the right 9006 plug or else get it from suvlights (mikal's source).

lexusondubs 05-13-05 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
Here is the description from the XenonDepot website:

-------------------------------------------------------
The XenonDepot headlight wiring harness will include an upgraded fuse and relay. This harness will ensure you do not draw a higher current from your OEM vehicle harness than it was designed to provide. A proper mating connector will be be included so that you will be able to plug this harness into your OEM headlight harness with no wire splicing, cutting, or tapping. Please ensure to select the appropriate harness option.
---------------------------------------------------------

The included fuse and relay sounds like a good thing. The mating connector is wrong. I don't think their harnesses are made for OEM HIDs. I think it is more meant for HID kits retrofit into halogen setups. You can confirm that with Steve.

In any case, doing what mikal did (and using the relay from XenonDepot) seems like the way to go. You can see if Steve has the right 9006 plug or else get it from suvlights (mikal's source).

thanks neo so i need to order the 9006 male plugs for sure ?? oh and rom said he has the same comversion as me and he has the stock harness and has noo problems :uh: wierd ??

lexusondubs 05-13-05 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mikal is it hard to solder to the male 9006 connector ??do you have any pics of how you did it or how it looks now ?? how do you know which wire connects to each side of the connector once cut ?? zenon depot does not have them on there site where is steve when you need him ? lol :D PLEASE HELP MY POOR CAR :cry: :(