Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

my review of MTEC Yellow style bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 11:37 PM
tobal
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my review of MTEC Yellow style bulbs

Well guys, thought i do a quick review on these MTEC yellow bulbs for the ones hoping to get the nice yellow effect of the stock fogs. Well i actually ordered the H3 version for my gs not knowing it was 9006 down there. So i had these put on a MR2 to look at how they perform.
By looking at the light directly it is till pretty White with just slight sparkles of yellow. the flow output hit the ground yellow. But overall appearance is yellowish white. These bulbs do give a brighter output than the stock bulbs. These light do not acheive anything close to what the Lexus OEM yellow fog color. These bulbs are rated at 3300K and 150watt output. Hope this would help some people looking to buy some Yellow output bulbs.
Old 03-08-05, 06:01 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Hey do you have any pics? 150watts seems too high if I am correct the GS fogs are listed at 55w.
Old 03-08-05, 09:52 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for yellow bulbs, there's also the option of the GE Gold or Philips Allweather vision bulbs
Old 03-08-05, 12:45 PM
khhoang
Driver

Originally Posted by tobal
Well guys, thought i do a quick review on these MTEC yellow bulbs for the ones hoping to get the nice yellow effect of the stock fogs. Well i actually ordered the H3 version for my gs not knowing it was 9006 down there. So i had these put on a MR2 to look at how they perform.
By looking at the light directly it is till pretty White with just slight sparkles of yellow. the flow output hit the ground yellow. But overall appearance is yellowish white. These bulbs do give a brighter output than the stock bulbs. These light do not acheive anything close to what the Lexus OEM yellow fog color. These bulbs are rated at 3300K and 150watt output. Hope this would help some people looking to buy some Yellow output bulbs.
you've basically described the same output results of PIAA's ion crystal (yellow) H3 bulbs that was in my clear lens foglights .. very disappointing if you're looking for the oem yellow output foglights of the GS and IS.