LFA Registry Known details about each Lexus' Supercar

LFA #095 - Pearl Brown...on eBay :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 05:40 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
some very good points there. i think this will be a little tough combo to sell. i wonder if eventually incentives will be on (probably not publicly) this car. that will be bad and put a ding on the overall resale.

the fact that JM has trouble selling that white (easy combo) lfa for what? months? that's one indication
There's a white LFA available for sale? Link?

Originally Posted by BNR34
You must be the new owner.
As much as the colour sucks, If I had $390K to burn I'd so buy that car. Smokey granite mica paint job by the guys that used to do the work on the pre-production car and throw some CEC wheels on it. That colour caliper would look good under them.

or dammit... just leave the colour as is.. haters gonna hate.... sure it looks at least halfway decent in the metal.
Old 07-07-11, 05:50 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Talking

Old 07-07-11, 06:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

As much as we can make fun of that car, it appears to have been sold already (again appears) since it is no longer available for sale.

Originally Posted by gengar
If the buyer backed out, then it's not really discounted, since the dealer already got $60,000. The non-discounted MSRP is the price for an LFA made to order. Even counting having to re-price any options, this is clearly more valuable than a pre-spec'd LFA. Especially when that LFA is brown.

Nevertheless, we already know demand for the car does not meet supply in the USA. We don't need resale details to know that.
Old 07-07-11, 06:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
There's a white LFA available for sale? Link?

As much as the colour sucks, If I had $390K to burn I'd so buy that car. Smokey granite mica paint job by the guys that used to do the work on the pre-production car and throw some CEC wheels on it. That colour caliper would look good under them.

or dammit... just leave the colour as is.. haters gonna hate.... sure it looks at least halfway decent in the metal.
ask s2000tois350

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6515380-post9.html

when the white lfa hit JM lexus a few months ago, it was pretty widely mentioned that it's available for sale. i wasn't sure if the car has been sold, but s2000tois350 said it's still available

i can't find any info on JM's site

http://www.jm-lexus.com/HomePage

though on the running ads on the front page, it says lfa available at JM

the way i look at it, if i have 400k, i will order the lfa to my exact spec, unless the car available now is exactly what i want. otherwise, unless there is a discount, i don't see any reason to pick it
Old 07-07-11, 06:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
As much as we can make fun of that car, it appears to have been sold already (again appears) since it is no longer available for sale.
i don't think we can say that. we know the ebay link is pulled, but that can be of several reasons. can't assume anything else. maybe s2000tois350 can call them up and inquire about it, he has the capacity to own one
Old 07-07-11, 06:59 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

This whole mess deepens. So now the link was pulled as quickly as it appeared? Does anyone know why it was pulled? Is the car still up for sale?
Old 07-07-11, 07:06 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Regarding the car at JM, as mentioned the home page notes the LFA is available. This is the same info I saw when I contacted them March 30th, i.e. the car is still around.

Regarding high price Herb's car, I was going to call for fun today but real work got in the way.

I just went to their website and they have pics of the LFA and say it is available, so BS to the idea it sold.

http://www.herbchamberslexus.com
Old 07-07-11, 07:11 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Regarding the car at JM, as mentioned the home page notes the LFA is available. This is the same info I saw when I contacted them March 30th, i.e. the car is still around.

Regarding high price Herb's car, I was going to call for fun today but real work got in the way.

I just went to their website and they have pics of the LFA and say it is available, so BS to the idea it sold.

Old 07-07-11, 07:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350

With all this LFA talk and constant dealership inquiry you do...you might as well suck it up and buy one...even if your wife says otherwise.
Old 07-07-11, 07:57 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

It's just a static homepage that may or may not have been updated just yet. No one but the locals would visit their website anyway so there's no hurry to update it since it's been there since March 30th. But now that eBay help them get the car the exposure it needs it might have been sold quickly indeed. Just throwing a possibility out there. Please do help call them up if you get a chance.

Last edited by ydooby; 07-07-11 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-07-11, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ydooby
It's just a static homepage that may or may not have been updated just yet. No one but the locals would visit their website anyway so there's no hurry to update it since it's been there since March 30th. But now that eBay help them get the car the exposure it needs it might have been sold quickly indeed. Just throwing a possibility out there. Please do help call them up if you get a chance.
i think you are mixing it up. 3/30 that's the white lfa at JM lexus. the brown lexus at herb didn't get delivered to dealership until last week, wasn't on ebay until yesterday
Old 07-07-11, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i will wait for you, s2000 and please put down deposit too
Old 07-07-11, 10:34 PM
Koukir32
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
With all this LFA talk and constant dealership inquiry you do...you might as well suck it up and buy one...even if your wife says otherwise.
LOL....But the divorce will cost him even more....LOL.....
Old 07-07-11, 11:20 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm surprised he didn't have like some velvet ropes or red carpet around it.

F1 Agreed, but as I have mentioned before, Japanese companies are huge on planning.
Once the plan is agreed to, good luck changing it.
would you call that stubborn, arrogant, or stupid???
Business wise, it's stupid to me.

Originally Posted by rominl

the fact that JM has trouble selling that white (easy combo) lfa for what? months? that's one indication
Originally Posted by MR_F1
It sucks that there are people elsewhere in the world who would pay 2-3x what is paid for an LFA in the US, but couldn't get allocation, only to have these turn up on dealer show rooms and sit. Huge blunder by Lexus.
Yeah, huuuuge blunder. If they allocate these LFA to areas that have the demand for it and manage to sell them all, Lexus can proudly say, "ALL LFA HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN SOLD!"

Now wouldn't that be good news for everyone: Lexus, dealers, and customers???????
Old 07-08-11, 04:27 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Its easy just buy it and repaint white the exterior

Quick Reply: LFA #095 - Pearl Brown...on eBay :(