Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level? - Club Lexus Forums

Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level?

Old 04-16-17, 09:34 AM   #1
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Default Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level?

I love the LFA, and actually got the chance to drive one a few years back. Amazing car. But given the limited numbers produced, I would have expected prices to start to climb. 330k doesn't seem all that much for this one posted on the HP... Do you think we'll ever see prices get into million-dollar territory?
Johnny Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 03:22 PM   #2
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Given how some icons like the Jaguar XJ220 are still in 300-400k territory, I actually think the LFA might stay there for a while too...
Johnny Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 10:04 PM   #3
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion

2000 GT is what it will look like in a decade or so. It was not a supercar (even for its time) and today it can fetch up to $2 million in mint condition. LFA especially with the V10 engine has the same level of exclusivity and bespoke engineering. Though, it seems to have been much more memorable in terms of driving experience.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 06:58 AM   #4
PG12
Driver School Candidate

Unlike the 2000GT, Where the RHD versions are had for cheaper due to production, I think there are possibly less RHD LFAs so premiums may be had for that.
PG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:23 AM   #5
Contender
Rookie

The LFA is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the car industry. It was ahead of its time back in 2012 and still provides a driving experience second to none. For those who really know cars - Jeremy Clarkson being one of them - it is perhaps the best there ever was. I have a friend who has a spectacular car collection - perhaps one of the finest private collections in the world - and amongst that collection are two LFAs (regular and a N ring car) which he considers to be among his finest (which includes P1, many Ferraris including a LaFerrari, a 918, 4-Paganis, etc. etc).

I firmly believe the LFA will reach and eclipse the million dollar territory. Of that I have no doubt. What I am less certain of is "WHEN".

If more people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 11:32 AM   #6
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion

Still have not seen your driving impression comparison of your LFA vs GT3 RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
The LFA is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the car industry. It was ahead of its time back in 2012 and still provides a driving experience second to none. For those who really know cars - Jeremy Clarkson being one of them - it is perhaps the best there ever was. I have a friend who has a spectacular car collection - perhaps one of the finest private collections in the world - and amongst that collection are two LFAs (regular and a N ring car) which he considers to be among his finest (which includes P1, many Ferraris including a LaFerrari, a 918, 4-Paganis, etc. etc).

I firmly believe the LFA will reach and eclipse the million dollar territory. Of that I have no doubt. What I am less certain of is "WHEN".

If more people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 06:45 PM   #7
SUNLINE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post

Iore people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
i am right there with you. My LFA draws a bigger crowd than any other car. Mainly because of its unicorn status....: nobody has ever seen one in person, let alone have the opportunity to drive one. If more people could drive it the value would rise because as you have said, it is truly one of the best cars ever produced. Simply incredible in so many ways. Makes nearly all cars seem like a compromise. It is the only car I have driven that I never want to get out of. I could just keep on driving forever! Eventually this will be realized as it ages and the V10 and analog controls, along with its race car nature and ridiculous attention to detail in build quality become more and more appreciated.
SUNLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 08:28 PM   #8
9TR
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG12 View Post
Unlike the 2000GT, Where the RHD versions are had for cheaper due to production, I think there are possibly less RHD LFAs so premiums may be had for that.
267 LHD, 230 RHD from 497 available records.

Europe Region LHD = 41
Middle East Region LHD = 35
USA Region LHD = 191
Europe Region RHD = 28
Japan Region RHD = 202
9TR is offline   Reply With Quote