LFA Model (2012)

Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 09:34 AM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level?

I love the LFA, and actually got the chance to drive one a few years back. Amazing car. But given the limited numbers produced, I would have expected prices to start to climb. 330k doesn't seem all that much for this one posted on the HP... Do you think we'll ever see prices get into million-dollar territory?
Old 04-17-17, 03:22 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Given how some icons like the Jaguar XJ220 are still in 300-400k territory, I actually think the LFA might stay there for a while too...
Old 04-18-17, 10:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

2000 GT is what it will look like in a decade or so. It was not a supercar (even for its time) and today it can fetch up to $2 million in mint condition. LFA especially with the V10 engine has the same level of exclusivity and bespoke engineering. Though, it seems to have been much more memorable in terms of driving experience.
Old 04-19-17, 06:58 AM
PG12
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Unlike the 2000GT, Where the RHD versions are had for cheaper due to production, I think there are possibly less RHD LFAs so premiums may be had for that.
Old 04-19-17, 07:23 AM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LFA is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the car industry. It was ahead of its time back in 2012 and still provides a driving experience second to none. For those who really know cars - Jeremy Clarkson being one of them - it is perhaps the best there ever was. I have a friend who has a spectacular car collection - perhaps one of the finest private collections in the world - and amongst that collection are two LFAs (regular and a N ring car) which he considers to be among his finest (which includes P1, many Ferraris including a LaFerrari, a 918, 4-Paganis, etc. etc).

I firmly believe the LFA will reach and eclipse the million dollar territory. Of that I have no doubt. What I am less certain of is "WHEN".

If more people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
Old 04-19-17, 11:32 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Still have not seen your driving impression comparison of your LFA vs GT3 RS.

Originally Posted by Contender
The LFA is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the car industry. It was ahead of its time back in 2012 and still provides a driving experience second to none. For those who really know cars - Jeremy Clarkson being one of them - it is perhaps the best there ever was. I have a friend who has a spectacular car collection - perhaps one of the finest private collections in the world - and amongst that collection are two LFAs (regular and a N ring car) which he considers to be among his finest (which includes P1, many Ferraris including a LaFerrari, a 918, 4-Paganis, etc. etc).

I firmly believe the LFA will reach and eclipse the million dollar territory. Of that I have no doubt. What I am less certain of is "WHEN".

If more people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
Old 04-20-17, 06:45 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Contender

Iore people knew the LFA for what it really is - it would be there today. I can tell you this, whenever I bring my LFA to my local Cars and Coffee (which is only twice per year) it always draws the most crowds by far.
i am right there with you. My LFA draws a bigger crowd than any other car. Mainly because of its unicorn status....: nobody has ever seen one in person, let alone have the opportunity to drive one. If more people could drive it the value would rise because as you have said, it is truly one of the best cars ever produced. Simply incredible in so many ways. Makes nearly all cars seem like a compromise. It is the only car I have driven that I never want to get out of. I could just keep on driving forever! Eventually this will be realized as it ages and the V10 and analog controls, along with its race car nature and ridiculous attention to detail in build quality become more and more appreciated.
Old 04-27-17, 08:28 PM
9TR
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PG12
Unlike the 2000GT, Where the RHD versions are had for cheaper due to production, I think there are possibly less RHD LFAs so premiums may be had for that.
267 LHD, 230 RHD from 497 available records.

Europe Region LHD = 41
Middle East Region LHD = 35
USA Region LHD = 191
Europe Region RHD = 28
Japan Region RHD = 202
Old 06-22-17, 04:50 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Two Lexus dealers in the Chicagoland area have 1 LFA and 1 Ring edition. One dealer is asking $1,100,000 and the other is asking $975,000. Supposedly they've been getting offers for $7-800,000. I've seen both and they have 2-3 miles.
Old 06-22-17, 05:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
Two Lexus dealers in the Chicagoland area have 1 LFA and 1 Ring edition. One dealer is asking $1,100,000 and the other is asking $975,000. Supposedly they've been getting offers for $7-800,000. I've seen both and they have 2-3 miles.
Wow! That is crazy
Old 06-23-17, 05:00 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Probably McGrath.

I doubt anyone is in play for these cars at those prices.

There are a couple of cars with about 2500 miles being offered on Cars.com for $350K.

What will be interesting to see in the future is if some of the garage queens the collectors grabbed become available, as they curate their collections in different directions.

Think about how few LFAs are seen at car shows, etc. Most of them are stuck in gorgeous garages.
Old 06-23-17, 08:48 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Probably McGrath.

There are a couple of cars with about 2500 miles being offered on Cars.com for $350K.

What will be interesting to see in the future is if some of the garage queens the collectors grabbed become available, as they curate their collections in different directions.

Think about how few LFAs are seen at car shows, etc. Most of them are stuck in gorgeous garages.
Eh, but that's just the thing, people with that kind of money don't want a "used" LF-A, they want a "new" LF-A.

Yes Mcgrath and Rohrman. McGrath's N-ring had a buyer for $1,000,000 cash. They tried moving the car out of the show room and nothing. They couldn't figure it out after 45 minutes of trying to charge the battery and some other things. Buyer walked out, never came back lol.
Old 06-23-17, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Probably McGrath.

yup, prices on lfa is quite stable, definitely paying close attention!
Old 06-23-17, 11:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
Eh, but that's just the thing, people with that kind of money don't want a "used" LF-A, they want a "new" LF-A.

Yes Mcgrath and Rohrman. McGrath's N-ring had a buyer for $1,000,000 cash. They tried moving the car out of the show room and nothing. They couldn't figure it out after 45 minutes of trying to charge the battery and some other things. Buyer walked out, never came back lol.
Hahaha. That is funny.
Old 06-24-17, 02:00 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd say let the economy crash again, let it rise up, we will see another sports car bubble like the one we have now. Only then 10-15 years from now will the LF-A really start to rise in value. It took a good 8-9 years for the 2005-2006 Ford GT to rise in value above MSRP, even then I think current prices might be in a bubble. Give the Lexus a bit of time, it will be a million dollar car once people consider the early 2010's kind of ironically cool to actually cool. I don't see the price ever going down, since they only made about 500 of them, but I don't see any major appreciation either in the next 5 to 8 years.

Quick Reply: Will LFA prices ever rise into the million-dollar level?