LFA Model (2012)

Is This Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition Worth 12 Times Its Original Price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-16, 09:57 PM
Club Lexus Editor
CL Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is This Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition Worth 12 Times Its Original Price?

We all know of the now defunct Lexus LFA's awesome looks, ridiculous performance, and magical sounding engine. But is all of that enough to commission nearly 12 times its original price?

Read the rest on the Club Lexus homepage. >>
Old 03-15-16, 10:46 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Give it 15-20 years and it might be worth that. McLaren F1 prices are kind of crazy right now, although I'd argue that is the Holy Grail of exotic supercars with its middle of the car driving position. Its something we will never see again, and so is the LFA with its 9500rpm redline V10, I doubt Toyota will try anything like this in the next 10-15 years.
Old 03-15-16, 10:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Give it 15-20 years and it might be worth that. McLaren F1 prices are kind of crazy right now, although I'd argue that is the Holy Grail of exotic supercars with its middle of the car driving position. Its something we will never see again, and so is the LFA with its 9500rpm redline V10, I doubt Toyota will try anything like this in the next 10-15 years.
Agreed. Eventually, it might get up there like the Toyota 2000 GT. But, for now, asking price is quite ridiculous.
Old 03-16-16, 05:43 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 397 Likes on 241 Posts

Reminds of a dealer in Naples fl. asking $5 million for Laferrari, just a ridiculous asking price made I believe to bring attention just like this one.
Old 03-19-16, 09:06 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Chicago motor cars has a one owner 364 mile smoke grey listed for 500k. One wants what one cannot get. I think prices will begin to rise in the next few years. Possible dramatically.
Old 03-22-16, 03:19 AM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the LFA was a bit on the expensive side to begin with, so probably but hey its not like the car needs to sell either. Price will only go up
Old 03-22-16, 08:10 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

The LFA was on par with the 599, but with a big difference in its all carbon build. so in my mind it was actually a great deal at 40OK. Now cars with carbon builds are 1 million plus. Except the forthcoming Ford GT which again seems like a hellava deal at 400K. Boils down to the giant car manufacturers like Ford and Toyota being the only ones that can afford to lose money on a super car project in the name of anticipated marketing payoff.
Old 03-22-16, 08:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SUNLINE
The LFA was on par with the 599, but with a big difference in its all carbon build. so in my mind it was actually a great deal at 40OK. Now cars with carbon builds are 1 million plus. Except the forthcoming Ford GT which again seems like a hellava deal at 400K. Boils down to the giant car manufacturers like Ford and Toyota being the only ones that can afford to lose money on a super car project in the name of anticipated marketing payoff.
Actually, in terms of track performance, LFA was significantly superior to the 599 GTB with the HGTE track package back when it came out in 2009. The best lateral skid pad acceleration I remember was 1.10 g (without any racing slick compound tires) and a 75.2 mph slalom speed.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...ite-flight.pdf

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-22-16 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-23-16, 07:53 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Actually, in terms of track performance, LFA was significantly superior to the 599 GTB with the HGTE track package back when it came out in 2009. The best lateral skid pad acceleration I remember was 1.10 g (without any racing slick compound tires) and a 75.2 mph slalom speed.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...ite-flight.pdf

Very well said...

Here in LA we have many highways on ramps and off ramps between interchanges... Often when I see open traffics in ramps, I could not resist not to push my cars and drive faster through the curves to enjoy the car's traction and side g forces before the tires break loose... And normally I could tell where my cars limits at before ended up in the wall...

Just of some time ago, I was driving the LFA back home from HWY 91 turn into I110, and open traffic, not a single sight of car ahead of me. Immidiately, I pulled left lever twice drop down two gears from 5 to 3 amazing down shifts rev match perfectly, than step on the gas as the V10 screams into 8K range than up shift to 4th flew through the long curve as fast as any Ferraris I even driven. Surprisingly the LFA grip the roads and bites the tarmac better than any cars I had ever known and on Bridgestone STREET tires... I was impressed... More than the amazing engine exhaust sounds and fantastic driving feel, I was shocked!!!

First of all, me and the LFA survived the fast speed over the long curve not ended up in the wall...

Secondly, I could not touch the limit of the LFA, and I was not dare to go faster jeopardizing the $350K piece of art.

The LFA's performance is deep and expect ones to drive on and dig into discover its full potential.

What an amazing machine!!!

A.
Old 03-23-16, 08:06 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, the downforce really pushes the chassis down into the ground at high speeds, which is why grip is not an issue at high speed turns and the lack of sticky compound tires is less noticeable at high speeds.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Would love to hear more.

Originally Posted by 9KV10
Very well said...

Here in LA we have many highways on ramps and off ramps between interchanges... Often when I see open traffics in ramps, I could not resist not to push my cars and drive faster through the curves to enjoy the car's traction and side g forces before the tires break loose... And normally I could tell where my cars limits at before ended up in the wall...

Just of some time ago, I was driving the LFA back home from HWY 91 turn into I110, and open traffic, not a single sight of car ahead of me. Immidiately, I pulled left lever twice drop down two gears from 5 to 3 amazing down shifts rev match perfectly, than step on the gas as the V10 screams into 8K range than up shift to 4th flew through the long curve as fast as any Ferraris I even driven. Surprisingly the LFA grip the roads and bites the tarmac better than any cars I had ever known and on Bridgestone STREET tires... I was impressed... More than the amazing engine exhaust sounds and fantastic driving feel, I was shocked!!!

First of all, me and the LFA survived the fast speed over the long curve not ended up in the wall...

Secondly, I could not touch the limit of the LFA, and I was not dare to go faster jeopardizing the $350K piece of art.

The LFA's performance is deep and expect ones to drive on and dig into discover its full potential.

What an amazing machine!!!

A.
Old 03-23-16, 01:36 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Looking forward to getting mine to the track to truly enjoy the car as it was meant to be driven. I anticipate a mind blowing experience based on what I have already witnessed on the street.
Old 03-23-16, 05:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SUNLINE
Looking forward to getting mine to the track to truly enjoy the car as it was meant to be driven. I anticipate a mind blowing experience based on what I have already witnessed on the street.
Please do post a review when you do get to drive it around the rack track.
Old 03-23-16, 07:56 PM
jadypham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats insane!!!