jadypham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have photos??
Old 07-18-16, 11:11 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorryfor my delaying post about my words on my LFA. Time flies, and it’s almost one year passed since I bought the pearlwhite LFA#171, and it certainly has being an amazing year having the LFA in mylife.

Iwill start by saying that the LFA is the best car I ever owned and driven justas JC once have said. Every time I driveit, the LFA surprises me and spoils me in many ways especially when look intothe perfect engineering in detail. TheLFA’s amazing fine precision craftsmanship way surpasses any other cars I ownand known. I will always have Toyota tothank for the engineers, technology, time, money, hearts and passion to makeLFA possible to our car life. The LFA isa true one million dollar cost car that’s available to buy at less than half ofit.

The#171_LFA has now 3.5K miles, roughly 800 miles driven over the year since Ibought it last July of 2015. Just likemost of us who is afraid of adding every precious LFA driving mile trying to keepthe value high. This leads to me tosearch for another LFA to drive and enjoy. If any of our friends here wondering where the famous #32 black LFA went? Well, I ended up buying it. I know the #32_LFA has lots history in it;Randy P. flew it over Corkscrew in Laguna Seca, Daisuke power drifted over andover, hundreds of press test drives, thousands of pictures posted. Just like most of us would think that the#32_LFA is probably beaten up bad, half broken with tons of ware andproblems. Initially, I thought the sameway. So, I encourage myself, go to seethe #32_LFA, and check it out in person see if the LFA really would stands upfor the million dollar quality and reliability challenge over the 30K harddriven miles in 4 years time as the Lexus Press Show Car.

LastOctober of 2015, I arrive to check upon the #32_LFA. I told the dealer, I got one LFA in my garagealready, no need to repeat all the internet specs about the 9K V10 0.6 secondsrev to red line engine, F1 sound, Toyota’s unique circular loom built CRFP, etc… We all know about it and heard it over andover again over times. I am here tocheck up the #32 and curiously to know how the car is after it’s long histories,and possibly to buy it home.

SoI checked closely in detail with the help from the dealer allows to perform theengine’s all 10 cylinders compression test to check up underbody for leaks…etc. The #32 surprised me deeply. Not only the #32 LFA passed all Lexusinspection requirements, I felt like I am examining a new car. Later, I went on for a test drive, and the#32 drives identical to my #171. Inreturn, I bought the #32_LFA with confidence.

Mypassion for LFA got stronger even after owning two. Earlier this year in Feb., I came across toone of the last new LFA for sale. Ifigure this could very well be my last chance to ever buy a brand new untitled LFA,and I just can not resist the powerful passion color ROSSO. Pull the trigger, bought the #452_Rosso_LFAwith 107 miles on the odometer. I canonly say among 3 LFAs, the differences are color, mileage and price. There you go the ultimate Lexus highest qualityand reliability standard. And the 3 LFAssurely do put lots, lots, lots of smile in my car life.

Feelfree to chat here about LFAs, I love to share my opinions.

Cheers

Alex
Attached Thumbnails New LFA Owner-lfa-bianca.jpg   New LFA Owner-lfa-nero.jpg   New LFA Owner-lfa-rosso-and-lfa-nero.jpg   New LFA Owner-lfa-nero-and-nsx-nero.jpg   New LFA Owner-nsx-grigio-and-nsx-nero-and-lfa-nero.jpg  

New LFA Owner-lfa-rosso.jpg  
Old 07-19-16, 07:24 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Awesome read.

The surprises kept coming until I finally read you have 3 LFAs now. There is one owner in Germany who has a standard LFA and a Nurburgring Edition LFA. So, you must have broken his record. Great to see such incredible passion. You are very lucky and the ultimate LFA enthusiast.

You are right about the #032. It was heavily rotated in the press for tests when it took the place of the #014 prototype (yellow) one. However, Lexus did not allow the press to use launch control on this #032 LFA. That always made me suspect that corporate USA Lexus was planning on selling this car once it was done with the press. Still, great to hear it is as good as new despite all of the hard driving it went through on the race track.

Do you have a favorite of the three? Was Nurburgring Edition ever under consideration for you?

Not sure if you have seen this, but your #032 LFA on dyno here:

Originally Posted by 9KV10
Sorryfor my delaying post about my words on my LFA. Time flies, and it’s almost one year passed since I bought the pearlwhite LFA#171, and it certainly has being an amazing year having the LFA in mylife.

Iwill start by saying that the LFA is the best car I ever owned and driven justas JC once have said. Every time I driveit, the LFA surprises me and spoils me in many ways especially when look intothe perfect engineering in detail. TheLFA’s amazing fine precision craftsmanship way surpasses any other cars I ownand known. I will always have Toyota tothank for the engineers, technology, time, money, hearts and passion to makeLFA possible to our car life. The LFA isa true one million dollar cost car that’s available to buy at less than half ofit.

The#171_LFA has now 3.5K miles, roughly 800 miles driven over the year since Ibought it last July of 2015. Just likemost of us who is afraid of adding every precious LFA driving mile trying to keepthe value high. This leads to me tosearch for another LFA to drive and enjoy. If any of our friends here wondering where the famous #32 black LFA went? Well, I ended up buying it. I know the #32_LFA has lots history in it;Randy P. flew it over Corkscrew in Laguna Seca, Daisuke power drifted over andover, hundreds of press test drives, thousands of pictures posted. Just like most of us would think that the#32_LFA is probably beaten up bad, half broken with tons of ware andproblems. Initially, I thought the sameway. So, I encourage myself, go to seethe #32_LFA, and check it out in person see if the LFA really would stands upfor the million dollar quality and reliability challenge over the 30K harddriven miles in 4 years time as the Lexus Press Show Car.

LastOctober of 2015, I arrive to check upon the #32_LFA. I told the dealer, I got one LFA in my garagealready, no need to repeat all the internet specs about the 9K V10 0.6 secondsrev to red line engine, F1 sound, Toyota’s unique circular loom built CRFP, etc… We all know about it and heard it over andover again over times. I am here tocheck up the #32 and curiously to know how the car is after it’s long histories,and possibly to buy it home.

SoI checked closely in detail with the help from the dealer allows to perform theengine’s all 10 cylinders compression test to check up underbody for leaks…etc. The #32 surprised me deeply. Not only the #32 LFA passed all Lexusinspection requirements, I felt like I am examining a new car. Later, I went on for a test drive, and the#32 drives identical to my #171. Inreturn, I bought the #32_LFA with confidence.

Mypassion for LFA got stronger even after owning two. Earlier this year in Feb., I came across toone of the last new LFA for sale. Ifigure this could very well be my last chance to ever buy a brand new untitled LFA,and I just can not resist the powerful passion color ROSSO. Pull the trigger, bought the #452_Rosso_LFAwith 107 miles on the odometer. I canonly say among 3 LFAs, the differences are color, mileage and price. There you go the ultimate Lexus highest qualityand reliability standard. And the 3 LFAssurely do put lots, lots, lots of smile in my car life.

Feelfree to chat here about LFAs, I love to share my opinions.

Cheers

Alex

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-19-16 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-19-16, 08:01 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow congrats! Three of them?!?!
Old 07-19-16, 05:17 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Love this story.

I am glad 032 found such a good home.

I had tried to negotiate on that car (it was the lowest priced one in the market) but the guy in FL was a jerk and would never give me a straight answer or follow up an offer.

You also appear to be an NSX collector. I have a new one on order. Are you going in that direction as well?
Old 07-19-16, 08:36 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the Dyno Video, I am sure the #32 power is up there and strong!!!

My favorite is the black #32.

Both the #171_bianca and #452_Rosso are leather seats in which are very comfortble, but a bit slippery while the #32_Nero is alcantara suede seats where you *** won't slide around.

The #452_Rosso LFA is the prettiest of all. Personally I think RED LFA looks the best. Black Nero is the coolest. Bianca White is the Lexus Icon color and probably half of the LFAs are white. So #171_Bianca is my NO.3.

The Nurburgring Edition obviously is cool and more aggressive yet much pricier. But, I personally still think the regular LFAs looks more elegant than the rear fixed wing Nurburgring LFA edition. So, I pass on looking for the Nurburg Edition.

Speaking for the NSXs, yes indeed I also have 3 NSXs along with 3 F430s and 3 550s.

I also have the brand new NSX on order from my local Acura dealer, but it seems to take forever to get it, I lost track of it.

Cheers

A.
Old 07-19-16, 09:08 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
Wow congrats! Three of them?!?!

Thanks,

You have the #475 White LFA?

If so, I think I may have met you once in AAA Fontana Roval track.

Cheers

Alex
Old 07-19-16, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

awesome story alex! wonderful that you have 3 lfa and 3 nsx! i wonder if i have run into you before, i ran into someone when i was driving my nsx who said he has 3 nsx and we chatted.

032 is a wonderful car, i drove it and i agree the alcantara makes the seats "grip" better
Old 07-19-16, 09:36 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
awesome story alex! wonderful that you have 3 lfa and 3 nsx! i wonder if i have run into you before, i ran into someone when i was driving my nsx who said he has 3 nsx and we chatted.

032 is a wonderful car, i drove it and i agree the alcantara makes the seats "grip" better

There you go.

Yes, we may have met. I often run with Speedventures and or extremespeed track events here in LA area.

Alex
Old 07-19-16, 11:11 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am sure the #32 power is up there and strong!!!

My favorite is the black #32.

Speaking for the NSXs, yes indeed I also have 3 NSXs along with 3 F430s and 3 550s.

A.
Haha..looks like you buy everything in 3s. :thumb up:

On a serious note, do you feel difference in the engines of the #032 vs the other LFAs or they are identical?

Have you taken your LFA to the race track? If so, any experiences you would like to share?
Old 07-20-16, 12:15 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

On a serious note, do you feel difference in the engines of the #032 vs the other LFAs or they are identical?

Have you taken your LFA to the race track? If so, any experiences you would like to share?

Hi there,

Actually in very detail, yes. There are differences.

#32's engine was built by Mr. KAMISAKI MITSUO and
#452's engine was built by Mr. OTA_JUN...

I don't have #171 engine info in hand, I will look into it later.

Mr. OTA JUN seems to be the more known engineer cause we can see his name listed in the LFA Mega factory video and LFA books...

But I believe all LFA YAMAHA engine technicians are all excellent...

Obviously the #452's engine has the least miles (115) as for now, and I have not yet driven hard and rev high at all...(Actually I only put 8 miles on the car since delivery) But, just from idling warm up, you can somehow tell and feel that it's a brand new engine and very tight just like most of new engines are...

The #171's engine with 3500 miles just done with oil service not too long ago in Lexus of Torrance feel just right, smooth and powerful.

As for the #32 with 31K HARD DRIVEN miles; actually it feels just like #171's engine except maybe a bit louder in high revs, but, I don't have sharp ears yet, much of it could be cause I drive the #32 faster and harder than the #171... Power wise, both engines feel identical.

Yes indeed, I do intend to take the #32 to the track. But before I do so, I will like to take the alignment data first, than really drive it to see the result and feedback.

Cheers

A.
Old 07-20-16, 12:17 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

Here are the photos of the engine name plates...

#32 and #452

A.
Attached Thumbnails New LFA Owner-32_kamizaki_mitsuo.jpg   New LFA Owner-452_ota_jun.jpg  
Old 07-20-16, 04:53 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool stuff.

I normally ask this question to every LFA owner since it is quite possibly the only subject of controversy (other than the price), which is the transmission. How do you like it? Like, in shift level 7 vs auto, daily driving etc.

Great to hear about the LFA #032 going to the track with you. As you mentioned Randy Pobst did a 1:36 with the #032 (same as a 458 Italia on better tires) despite struggling with (what he claimed) heavy oversteer where LFA would power ovrersteer through corners.

He did say, if you put these tires (specifically developed for the LFA) on it, it could even much more quicker

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....A&autoModClar=

Hi there,

Actually in very detail, yes. There are differences.

#32's engine was built by Mr. KAMISAKI MITSUO and
#452's engine was built by Mr. OTA_JUN...

I don't have #171 engine info in hand, I will look into it later.

Mr. OTA JUN seems to be the more known engineer cause we can see his name listed in the LFA Mega factory video and LFA books...

But I believe all LFA YAMAHA engine technicians are all excellent...

Obviously the #452's engine has the least miles (115) as for now, and I have not yet driven hard and rev high at all...(Actually I only put 8 miles on the car since delivery) But, just from idling warm up, you can somehow tell and feel that it's a brand new engine and very tight just like most of new engines are...

The #171's engine with 3500 miles just done with oil service not too long ago in Lexus of Torrance feel just right, smooth and powerful.

As for the #32 with 31K HARD DRIVEN miles; actually it feels just like #171's engine except maybe a bit louder in high revs, but, I don't have sharp ears yet, much of it could be cause I drive the #32 faster and harder than the #171... Power wise, both engines feel identical.

Yes indeed, I do intend to take the #32 to the track. But before I do so, I will like to take the alignment data first, than really drive it to see the result and feedback.

Cheers

A.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-20-16 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-21-16, 12:30 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for the update, pics and review... love that you have 3 in the stable to rotate... my local dealer has a red one on the showroom floor, but i don't know what number it is...

i realized i need a career change... lol...
Old 07-21-16, 01:46 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

This leads to me tosearch for another LFA to drive and enjoy. If any of our friends here wondering where the famous #32 black LFA went? Well, I ended up buying it. I know the #32_LFA has lots history in it;Randy P. flew it over Corkscrew in Laguna Seca, Daisuke power drifted over andover, hundreds of press test drives, thousands of pictures posted. Just like most of us would think that the#32_LFA is probably beaten up bad, half broken with tons of ware andproblems. Initially, I thought the sameway. So, I encourage myself, go to seethe #32_LFA, and check it out in person see if the LFA really would stands upfor the million dollar quality and reliability challenge over the 30K harddriven miles in 4 years time as the Lexus Press Show Car.
Glad you took over #32, and hope you enjoy driving the heck out of it. I personally put nearly 100 miles on it at Infineon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New LFA Owner