LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA #475 1080P videos of track time at NOLA Motorsports on 10/23/13

Old 12-22-13, 10:42 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lexus LFA #475 1080P videos of track time at NOLA Motorsports on 10/23/13

My apologies for the long wait for videos, but been pretty busy these past months. Hope you enjoy the videos in it's purity. You will notice that I did go off track during one of the sessions but the car is absolutely fine with no damage to the undercarriage or front because the track was very flat.

Have a wonderful and safe holidays!

Old 12-22-13, 12:08 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Sounds exhilarating Thanks
Old 12-22-13, 02:09 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stunning Phil! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see it in person
Old 12-22-13, 04:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

pure aural delight
Old 12-22-13, 08:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The second video is the best since you can hear the sound very clearly. The third video could have also been great as well, if there had been no wind noise.

It is great that the videos were in their raw form without any music or anything so the listener can truly appreciate how amazing the sound is.

On a side note, looks like you were the best driver there since you were kicking the a** of the two white Nurburgring Edition LFAs that were following you. The could not keep up with you in the corners or on the straight.
Old 12-24-13, 01:27 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice videos, thanks for posting.

Did you get your "Christmas gift" from Lexus yet?
Old 12-24-13, 05:08 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The second video is the best since you can hear the sound very clearly. The third video could have also been great as well, if there had been no wind noise.

It is great that the videos were in their raw form without any music or anything so the listener can truly appreciate how amazing the sound is.

On a side note, looks like you were the best driver there since you were kicking the a** of the two white Nurburgring Edition LFAs that were following you. The could not keep up with you in the corners or on the straight.
It's hard to get the wind noise out with the go pros but it's not too bad. I have a unit that just does noise recording but I need to figure out how to get it working. LoL. I wouldn't say I was the best driver but more daring to push the car. I did pass the two nurburgring editions but I didn't pay attention to one line and that's how I went off track. Heh. Overall it was a great event hosted by Lexus!
Old 12-24-13, 05:10 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by gengar
Nice videos, thanks for posting.

Did you get your "Christmas gift" from Lexus yet?
Haha I think I did. My friend who's a manager at the Lexus dealership where I bought the vehicle at is holding it for me. I wasn't sure I would be home to accept it. But my friend told me it is something very special!
Old 12-24-13, 09:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
It's hard to get the wind noise out with the go pros but it's not too bad. I have a unit that just does noise recording but I need to figure out how to get it working. LoL. I wouldn't say I was the best driver but more daring to push the car. I did pass the two nurburgring editions but I didn't pay attention to one line and that's how I went off track. Heh. Overall it was a great event hosted by Lexus!
Yeah, it would be cool to see the roof mounted camera video without the wind noise.

Also, is it just me or I noticed half way through the video, the tires started to lose traction probably because of getting too greasy as it seems tires were breaking away at the limit a lot more easily?
Old 12-25-13, 08:35 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Yeah, it would be cool to see the roof mounted camera video without the wind noise.

Also, is it just me or I noticed half way through the video, the tires started to lose traction probably because of getting too greasy as it seems tires were breaking away at the limit a lot more easily?
Yeah there were some moments during the track that I had to correct the car for fear of losing control but that probably is my fault for missing the driving lines, apex, braking zones, etc.
Old 12-26-13, 11:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
Yeah there were some moments during the track that I had to correct the car for fear of losing control but that probably is my fault for missing the driving lines, apex, braking zones, etc.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-27-13, 12:24 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job Phil for making the LFA the world most expensive lawn mower lol. Glad no harm was done to it. It was fun bud.

Last edited by JamesN; 12-27-13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-27-13, 09:06 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by JamesN
Good job Phil for making the LFA the world most expensive lawn mower lol. Glad no harm was done to it. It was fun bud.
Haha thanks for accompanying me. Glad you had fun at Nola!
Old 12-29-13, 11:25 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Absolutely sick
Old 01-05-14, 07:51 PM
chill720
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't say Kicking A$$ since I was in 1 of the NRings. I let him pass being courteous but I also have the video of him taking his LFA offroad when he was kicking so much A$$, and I was right behind him.
Also something to think about is the fact that we are driving expensive cars on the track for fun, and nobody that I know that was there was out to wreck so the guys i knew all had the common respect to space out properly in case something did go wrong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LFA #475 1080P videos of track time at NOLA Motorsports on 10/23/13