LFA Model (2012)

Lexus mag article: Larry Fitzgerald interview / LFA test drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 08:11 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Lexus mag article: Larry Fitzgerald interview / LFA test drive

I've always liked Larry Fitzgerald - seems like a nice guy, fun to watch on the field, and featured in one of the more interesting Sports Science episodes - all this despite the Cards being division rivals to my favorite NFL team (of course, it's hard to take rivalries that seriously when realignment only happened 10 years ago and the division is the among the biggest jokes in professional sport).

Anyway, here are some excerpts regarding the LFA:

We hear that you just had a chance to test-drive the Lexus LFA supercar. What were you first impressions?

All I can say is amazing.

What was it like to get behind the wheel of the LFA?

I feel like it’s a driver’s car. I’ve ridden in a lot of exotic cars and this one is really comfortable. If I needed to drive to Flagstaff for training camp, three hours away, I would not hesitate to jump in the LFA. It’s easy to operate for such a high-tech vehicle.

Were there any “Wow!” moments?

0 to 60 was that moment for me. It just put me back in my seat. Plus, it stopped on a dime.

If you could compare the LFA to a football position, which one would it be? A wide receiver like you?

No question. It’s a diva car and wide receiver is a diva position. We’re the fastest guys on the field and we’re the playmakers.
Only remaining question is if he's going to get one.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ews_2011_07_13
Old 07-14-11, 09:24 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which exotic car does he currently drive? and would that swing him in a LFA seat?
Old 07-14-11, 10:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

http://www.tweeting-athletes.com/ind...athleteID=1621

"LarryFitzgerald Look out Lamborghini and Ferrari, Me and Jim Lee are bringing the new Lexus LFA into the game!"

good question, wonder if he's getting the lfa, and what other exotics / sport cars he has
Old 07-14-11, 11:06 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
which exotic car does he currently drive? and would that swing him in a LFA seat?
I don't think he actually owns any exotics. I remember reading he has a ton of cars otherwise - Escalade, SL, 7-series, Range Rover, and a couple old school cars.

Originally Posted by rominl
"LarryFitzgerald Look out Lamborghini and Ferrari, Me and Jim Lee are bringing the new Lexus LFA into the game!"

good question, wonder if he's getting the lfa, and what other exotics / sport cars he has
Ya I saw that on his twitter, pretty funny.
Old 07-14-11, 12:22 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is awesome! I like the article even though I wish the interview would have been longer. I know a local dealer does or will have an LFA very soon, I wonder if that is the one. Either way I'm sure chances are he will get one.