LFA Model (2012)

Larry Ellison's new ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-11, 05:09 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Prime Cut, when I first saw the pics I figured the zen meister has scraped the bottom of his $11K bumper. For folks who have not see the car, the nose, she is low.

Gengar, regarding the roof tumor from config 3, the PS was really hyping this to get the enform service to get help picking restaurants when you travel. I was like, haven't you heard of Yelp or Open Table. The value of config 3 is the car locator service if it gets stolen.
Old 06-07-11, 07:33 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by primecut
Dude.. watch out for the parking blocks.. sheesh!
That looks like a minature parking block though - and likely purposefully so, given the cars he seems to park there. Clearance might not be a problem.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Gengar, regarding the roof tumor from config 3, the PS was really hyping this to get the enform service to get help picking restaurants when you travel. I was like, haven't you heard of Yelp or Open Table. The value of config 3 is the car locator service if it gets stolen.
I've been told by one of #32's handlers - who owns other Lexus vehicles that have Enform - that the concierge service for the Enform seems to be different for the LFA, which is funny. It may be an entirely dedicated service just for LFA owners. If true, that's something I'll miss out on by opting for Config II.
Old 06-07-11, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

more pictures posted by the member in the car chat thread

he also commented on the parking block. yes it's noticeably lower than normal ones you see. and funny it's the only parking block in the entire company parking lot
Old 06-08-11, 04:48 PM
DWLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love that its in the restricted spot
Old 07-12-11, 12:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I am surprised why Jay Leno does not have one? He loves exotic cars like the LFA. He has a Porsche Carrera GT, Enzo, MacLaren SLR, Ford GT etc.
Not only Jay have no interest of owning a LFA, he doesn't even care enough to go drive it, he did a feature on it but he sent Justin Bell to go drive it.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the...ars/lexus-lfa/

Jay is a hardcore collector, folks like that only care about eccentric iconic cars with huge prestige and history, and seems like Jay mostly just like old classic cars. LFA don't fit any of that descriptions, except that it is iconic for Japanese. Actually most Japanese cars don't attract Jay, he only owns a few very old vintage Japanese cars like a Mazda Cosmo 110S or a Honda SM600 and he inherited an early Miata. He test drove the Nissan GTR, he said it is fast but is really boring to drive.
Old 07-12-11, 01:06 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think most of what you said about Leno is right. The Ford GT while popular has little prestige except it was a throwback to the gt40. The SLR is about the same, just had McLaren in the name. He just had Justin Bell drive it because of his show. I never saw him leave his shop, they bring the cars to him. And a lot of people say the same thing about the GTR- it's uninspiring. Nothing to do with Japanese cars not being his thing.
Old 07-12-11, 02:20 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TF109B
I don't think most of what you said about Leno is right. The Ford GT while popular has little prestige except it was a throwback to the gt40.
Before I get into the history of the GT40, the Ford GT is the most exotic mass produced all American sports car by a major American car company, even the Corvette ZR1 is much less exotic. I say all that because I don't count cars like the Hennessey Venom GT or SSC Ultimate Aero or Saleen S7, they are more exotic but they are pretty much one off ultra low volume kit cars. Jay is an American car's buff, of course he love the Ford GT.

The 2005 Ford GT is a modern version of the 1966 Ford GT40. They look identical.

The 1966 GT40 is the car Ford created for the sole purpose of killing the 6 years winning streak of Ferrari from 1960-1965 at the 24 hours of Le Mans. The GT40 won 4 years in a row from 1966-1969. To this day, the GT40 is the only racecar built in America to win overall at Le Mans.

Has little prestige? I hope you don't say that in front of red blooded Americans, you would be kill on the spot.

The SLR is about the same, just had McLaren in the name.
The Mclaren SLR is similar to the Ford GT. The Mclaren SLR is a modern interpretations of the 1955 300 SLR, which is a very famous iconic race car.

You must be pretty young, you have to look back 40~60 years to see the history of these cars that are based on.

He just had Justin Bell drive it because of his show. I never saw him leave his shop, they bring the cars to him.
That is somewhat true, is just means he doesn't care enough. If he cares enough, he would make the 25 miles drive from Burbank to California speedway to drive the LFA. He is a baller, so most of the time people bring stuff to him. But if it is something he wants, he would make the effort to go get it. He frequently travel all over the world to attend interesting car's events, Goodwood for example, he went to the UK in the last few weeks. Fontana is A LOT closer then Goodwood

And a lot of people say the same thing about the GTR- it's uninspiring. Nothing to do with Japanese cars not being his thing.
He got nothing against Japanese cars, is just very few Japanese cars offer what he is interested in.

Last edited by BNR34; 07-13-11 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-12-11, 02:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

as much as i love the lfa, i don't think it looks good in white and certainly not in that first pic where the wheels kind of disappear and don't look flush.
Old 07-12-11, 02:40 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
as much as i love the lfa, i don't think it looks good in white and certainly not in that first pic where the wheels kind of disappear and don't look flush.
Oh no you did not just say that, I got slammed in this thread criticizing the Nurburgring Edition not having flush wheels, those experts all claimed flush wheels is not a requirement on the LFA since looking good is not a requirement on a $400k exotic sports car.

I should start making an exact fit wheel spacer for the LFA, I can sell 500 sets

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...oodwood-3.html

Last edited by BNR34; 07-12-11 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-12-11, 03:12 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Back on topic a little, I love the smooth winglets delete look of Larry's car!
Old 07-12-11, 04:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
yes let's get back on topic. anything else OT feel free to create new threads.
Old 07-12-11, 06:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Agreed. The winglets look tacky. The one I saw in real life did not have the winglets and it looked amazing. Without winglet is where all the lines flow smoothly.
Old 07-12-11, 06:44 PM
gengar

It's not a delete; no winglets is actually just the standard config. The winglets are a nominal $200 option.

Winglets were supposed to be standard, but were put in as an option instead so buyers can choose a flush look when the spoiler is retracted. For that look, aero is sacrificed.

Last edited by rominl; 07-13-11 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-13-11, 06:17 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gengar
It's not a delete; no winglets is actually just the standard config. The winglets are a nominal $200 option.

Winglets were supposed to be standard, but were put in as an option instead so buyers can choose a flush look when the spoiler is retracted. For that look, aero is sacrificed.
Thanks for educating me

I just went by common sense, where cheap cars come with nothing and everything is optional. But special expensive cars come with everything and have "delete" option.....aka Porsche.
Old 07-13-11, 06:34 PM
gengar

Thanks for educating me

I just went by common sense, where cheap cars come with nothing and everything is optional. But special expensive cars come with everything and have "delete" option.....aka Porsche.
Ya, some are delete options, some aren't. In the case of the LFA, it's usually "standard" equipment that is delete, such as the air conditioning or stereo system or floor mats, all of which are actually delete options even on the standard LFA.

As long as we're not paying to delete options like certain manufacturers, anyway...........

Quick Reply: Larry Ellison's new ride