LFA Model (2012)

Kyle Busch busted for 128 in a 45. In an LF-A...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 10:32 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

When I saw the headline, I thought that's all?! LOL!

UPDATE: Lexus just provided Jalopnik with a statement regarding the car, which they confirmed was an LFA loaned to Busch by the company:

The Lexus LFA is a unique sportscar with tremendous capabilities. Lexus gave Kyle Busch the opportunity for a demonstration drive and he obviously chose to test those capabilities. He is scheduled to return the LFA tomorrow and we're confident he'll do so in a responsible manner.
Looks like Lexus is getting their car back and they're not worried about him blasting above 120 mph to do it.

http://jalopnik.com/5805196/nascars-...ph-in-this-car
Old 05-25-11, 11:15 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly, they aint bothered. Kyle had it in hand. It could be staged, what cop can catch 128mph? Radar is great, but the street he was on probably isn't 2 lanes in 1 direction, and I highly doubt he would fly by a moving officer. So how was he stopped? This screams stunt, closed road, publicity for that town, KB and Toyota/Lexus. IMO- and I don't even mind it.
Old 05-25-11, 11:19 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Exactly, they aint bothered. Kyle had it in hand. It could be staged, what cop can catch 128mph? Radar is great, but the street he was on probably isn't 2 lanes in 1 direction, and I highly doubt he would fly by a moving officer. So how was he stopped? This screams stunt, closed road, publicity for that town, KB and Toyota/Lexus. IMO- and I don't even mind it.

To serve what purpose? Wouldn't it have been easier to just take the car to Charlotte Motor Speedway and do a lap with a cameraman present?
Old 05-25-11, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
you haven't watched this video before, have you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDQciymhgI

you have picture of the street that he was pulled over in? please do share
Old 05-25-11, 11:23 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, but from another site (autoblog) users have stated they've seen him driving it, and on the street he was pulled over. I'm not certain it was one lane or two, but from comments made it seems like this could be staged, one person even says he lives an hour away and knows it's "a country two lane road."
Old 05-25-11, 11:30 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are roads and highways in NC that are so enticing it's unbelievable. I-85 being one of them.
Old 05-25-11, 01:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Geeze people are analyzing the facts WAAAAY too much. Kyle Busch got a speeding ticket in the LFA going 128 period. Staged...I really doubt it.As for going 100+ in the LFA. I've done it many times on the track....and on the streets...lets just say it's too easy to do if you're busy listening to the engine rev to 9k.
Old 05-25-11, 01:14 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
he should have kept on going, the cop probably wouldn't have been able to catch him
Maybe not, but not many escape the radio
Old 05-25-11, 05:14 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

saw it on the news yesterday. it's only 10 minutes away from my house where he got caught. man i wish i seen it while he was speeding in it so i can run it lol..
Old 05-25-11, 07:52 PM
paperchasi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Geeze people are analyzing the facts WAAAAY too much. Kyle Busch got a speeding ticket in the LFA going 128 period. Staged...I really doubt it.As for going 100+ in the LFA. I've done it many times on the track....and on the streets...lets just say it's too easy to do if you're busy listening to the engine rev to 9k.
Show off
Old 05-25-11, 08:00 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Must've watched Fast Five
Old 05-26-11, 01:04 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T0ked
I'm calling this a planted publicity stunt...
I believe so too cause if you get caught going that fast in NC 9 out 10 times they are taking your A** to jail with your car impounded.
Old 05-26-11, 03:04 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
I believe so too cause if you get caught going that fast in NC 9 out 10 times they are taking your A** to jail with your car impounded.
he must've been the 1 out of 10 then LOL..
Old 05-27-11, 11:52 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For all those saying he should've kept going...that would never happen. There wouldve be helicopters and roadblocks setup within minutes. Here's what happened to me.

I was caught doing 102 in a 65 on I95 North. I was at 102 coming around a a slight curve with a state trooper hiding behind the overpass. As soon as I saw him I slowed down...looked in my rearview mirror his tires were spinning, his back tail going back and forth sideways and dirt being kicked up everywhere..like Roscoe P. Coltrain coming after the Duke boys. I let off the gas and he was behind me in no time. I pulled over and he came to the passenger window and first thing he said was "You better have Dale Earnhardt Jr's name on your license" Lol. He told me to get out and frisked me for weapons. Then he told me to sit in the passenger seat of his vehicle and I explained to him a pickup truck was trying to run me off the road and I was speeding away..which is what really happend. No arrest, just had a NC lawyer rep me in court and pay small fine and take a def driving course.

Like another member mentioned any element can make a situation worst...be careful.
Old 05-27-11, 01:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ErseOne
For all those saying he should've kept going...that would never happen. There wouldve be helicopters and roadblocks setup within minutes. Here's what happened to me.

I was caught doing 102 in a 65 on I95 North. I was at 102 coming around a a slight curve with a state trooper hiding behind the overpass. As soon as I saw him I slowed down...looked in my rearview mirror his tires were spinning, his back tail going back and forth sideways and dirt being kicked up everywhere..like Roscoe P. Coltrain coming after the Duke boys. I let off the gas and he was behind me in no time. I pulled over and he came to the passenger window and first thing he said was "You better have Dale Earnhardt Jr's name on your license" Lol. He told me to get out and frisked me for weapons. Then he told me to sit in the passenger seat of his vehicle and I explained to him a pickup truck was trying to run me off the road and I was speeding away..which is what really happend. No arrest, just had a NC lawyer rep me in court and pay small fine and take a def driving course.

Like another member mentioned any element can make a situation worst...be careful.
errr... ok, in case no one caught it, i was joking about continue running away!!

but on another note, run away from cops, i have seen it done plenty of times not a good idea though