ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LFA Model (2012) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa-model-2012-232/)
-   -   Upcoming SportAuto Lexus LFA super test (June - July) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa-model-2012/568868-upcoming-sportauto-lexus-lfa-super-test-june-july.html)

05RollaXRS 05-04-11 02:09 PM

Upcoming SportAuto Lexus LFA super test (June - July)

News is, LFA will be re-tested soon around Nurburgring by SportAuto.

The video of white Lexus LFA blasting around Nurburgring could be the upcoming SportAuto test of Lexus LFA by Horst Von Saurma.

Other cars to be tested soon: Ferrari FF, Lamborghini Avantador, Nissan GTR '12

ydooby 05-04-11 02:25 PM

So is it going to be a production car that they test? If so, from whom do they borrow the car? I for one wouldn't want to lend my own car for such risky at-the-limit testing. There are only 500 copies after all. That said, hopefully it is going to be a proper production car and hopefully it will fare better than the prototype, although I won't be holding my breath much.

05RollaXRS 05-04-11 02:28 PM

Yes, production model. No confirmation yet whether it will be the standard Lexus LFA or the Nurburgring LFA.

It is quite common for owners to lend their cars to journalists, but they receive some sort of compensation in return. For example, the BestMotoring tested Yellow LFA is actually privately owned production Lexus LFA (source: flipside).

Besides, Lexus Europe (the blue one?) might have a press car as well just like US has.

I agree on not holding my breath. It could be better or worse than the prototype. It applies to the 'BestMotoring' battle as well.

Originally Posted by ydooby (Post 6362562)
So is it going to be a production car that they test? If so, from whom do they borrow the car? I for one wouldn't want to lend my own car for such risky at-the-limit testing. There are only 500 copies after all. That said, hopefully it is going to be a proper production car and hopefully it will fare better than the prototype, although I won't be holding my breath much.

05RollaXRS 05-04-11 06:14 PM

They did a supertest for the 2012 Nissan GTR and it turned in only a 1.8 seconds quicker lap time than the 2009 model:

https://i52.tinypic.com/1626u6x.jpg

jpvarghese 05-04-11 06:43 PM

Nice. I cannot wait. So has the test already been done? Any info on the setup?

G Star 05-04-11 06:53 PM

Sounds like a good time, can't wait to see their review. Is it going to be in video form or print?

Also, do they use professional drivers in all of their tests? it would hold more water if their driver was consistent.

05RollaXRS 05-04-11 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by jpvarghese (Post 6363291)
Nice. I cannot wait. So has the test already been done? Any info on the setup?

Not sure yet. Only found out that the test will most likely be published in the june-july timeframe.

Originally Posted by G Star (Post 6363326)
Sounds like a good time, can't wait to see their review. Is it going to be in video form or print?

Also, do they use professional drivers in all of their tests? it would hold more water if their driver was consistent.

It will be published in the magazine. The same driver Horst Von Saurma tests all cars and as far as I know, they try their best to control all variables. Horst is actually Porsche's professional race car driver for the GT3 RSR cup car around Nurburgring (which is why some people think Porsche might have an advantage in these tests). I think it is because Porsche GT cars all wear R compound tires.

Still some factors skew the results a bit such as, temperatures, wind, tires etc.

LexFather 05-04-11 07:06 PM

Only 1.8 seconds? That is a bigger difference than it sounds. :)

I wonder who is suppling/who is driving?

05RollaXRS 05-04-11 07:08 PM

Like I mentioned above, Horst Von Saurma drives every single car they test.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX (Post 6363359)
Only 1.8 seconds? That is a bigger difference than it sounds. :)

I wonder who is suppling/who is driving?

LexFather 05-04-11 07:36 PM

Thanks...missed it.

TF109B 05-05-11 10:04 AM

It'll probably be a Production car. Non-Nurburgring Edition. I bet it's the white one that I have pictures of from a friend on another forum.