LFA Model (2012)

Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-11, 08:21 AM
LexFather

Very sad! Why is the show ending?
Old 05-02-11, 08:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I just bought a copy of this DVD this past weekend. I'm waiting for my friend to convert it from region 2 to region 1. Luckily I copped the last copy of this!

Pearl Yellow LFA w/Orange and purple interior used in this test belongs to a private owner. It's LFA #041.
Old 05-02-11, 09:28 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

You da' man Flip.

Can you please share the details with us once you view the video??

Originally Posted by flipside909
I just bought a copy of this DVD this past weekend. I'm waiting for my friend to convert it from region 2 to region 1. Luckily I copped the last copy of this!

Pearl Yellow LFA w/Orange and purple interior used in this test belongs to a private owner. It's LFA #041.
Old 05-04-11, 09:29 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Okay so I finally got the DVD. In a nutshell...

They did a little red carpet intro with the Pearl Yellow LFA which was delivered to the new owner by Lexus Japan. Owner took delivery at a wedding chapel to celebrate his marriage to this LFA! Private affair, Lexus truck in the background, Lexus employees were there to greet the new owner. Threw rose petals upon his entry on the red carpet, champagne and etc...new owner drove off with the LFA for the first time.

LFA overview and driving impressions of the LFA around the local area with Kino$h1ta. 867 km on the ODO.

They prepped all 5 vehicles and installed clear bra on all the cars before being let loose on Fuji Speedway.

Power Wars Battle 1: LFA & GT-R. LFA lost to the GTR in the drag, Hattori was in the LFA. Tsuchiya was in the GT-R.

Time attack: LFA around Fuji driven by Kino$h1ta: 1'55"342.

Final Battle...

Kino$h1ta was the driver in the final round.
Launch control was used & TRAC Off
LFA started first. Ended up getting lapped by the GT-R then the GT2RS came up on the last lap near the end.

Results - Best Lap

1) GT-R - 1'53"633 Lap 2
2) 911 GT2RS - 1'55"155 Lap 2
3) LFA - 1'55"190 Lap 2
4) ZR-1 - 1'56"284 Lap 3
5) F430F1 RSD 1'55"401 - Lap 3

Everyone praised the LFA, but it would have been good if they put Tsuchiya behind the LFA and see what times he can put together.

LFA #041

Pearl Yellow (5B0)
Dark Premium Metallic Wheels
Red Calipers
Orange Leather Steering Wheel, Orange Leather Door Grips
Orange Leather Seat Front, Black Leather Seat Back
Orange Stitching
Black Headliner
Black Carpet
Black Floormats
Black Leather Instrument Panel, Bordeaux Alcantara Door Panel & Center Console
Blackish-Brown Metal Trim Finish

Need to sit down with my friend so he can translate all the scenes.
Old 05-04-11, 09:41 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Gotta be honest, a little butthurt the LFA didn't win, thanks for updating! I know this much to ask for, are you planning to rip and upload online?
Old 05-04-11, 09:43 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks so much flip. I was expecting 1) GT2 RS 2) Lexus LFA 3) GTR 4) ZR-1 5) F430 RSD Scuderia

Can you please tell me:

- What were the top speeds the car reached on the straight?

- In the LFA vs GTR drag race, looked like LFA launched well in the drag from the teaser clip. Was it 400 meters or 1000 meters long? LFA was using launch control, any times for each of these cars?

- How many laps did the LFA keep the lead for?? How big the distance was at the finish line?

Thanks.

Okay so I finally got the DVD. In a nutshell...

They did a little red carpet intro with the Pearl Yellow LFA which was delivered to the new owner by Lexus Japan. Owner took delivery at a wedding chapel to celebrate his marriage to this LFA! Private affair, Lexus truck in the background, Lexus employees were there to greet the new owner. Threw rose petals upon his entry on the red carpet, champagne and etc...new owner drove off with the LFA for the first time.

LFA overview and driving impressions of the LFA around the local area with Kino$h1ta. 867 km on the ODO.

They prepped all 5 vehicles and installed clear bra on all the cars before being let loose on Fuji Speedway.

Power Wars Battle 1: LFA & GT-R. LFA lost to the GTR in the drag, Hattori was in the LFA. Tsuchiya was in the GT-R.

Time attack: LFA around Fuji driven by Kino$h1ta: 1'55"342.

Final Battle...

Kino$h1ta was the driver in the final round.
Launch control was used & TRAC Off
LFA started first. Ended up getting lapped by the GT-R then the GT2RS came up on the last lap near the end.

Results - Best Lap

1) GT-R - 1'53"633 Lap 2
2) 911 GT2RS - 1'55"155 Lap 2
3) LFA - 1'55"190 Lap 2
4) ZR-1 - 1'56"284 Lap 3
5) F430F1 RSD 1'55"401 - Lap 3

Everyone praised the LFA, but it would have been good if they put Tsuchiya behind the LFA and see what times he can put together.

LFA #041

Pearl Yellow (5B0)
Dark Premium Metallic Wheels
Red Calipers
Orange Leather Steering Wheel, Orange Leather Door Grips
Orange Leather Seat Front, Black Leather Seat Back
Orange Stitching
Black Headliner
Black Carpet
Black Floormats
Black Leather Instrument Panel, Bordeaux Alcantara Door Panel & Center Console
Blackish-Brown Metal Trim Finish

Need to sit down with my friend so he can translate all the scenes.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-04-11 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-04-11, 11:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Power Wars Battle 1 GTR vs LFA:
1200m - 256.93 km/h vs. 248.77 km/h

Both cars had rolling start so no LC. By about midway through 3rd gear in the LFA, the GTR started to pull away. By the end of the 1200m, the GTR was about 3 car lengths ahead.

Starting order of the cars in the 3 lap battle:

1) LFA
2) ZR1
3) F430
4) GT-R
5) GT2

Lap 1: At the start, the GTR quickly passed up the F430 and ZR1 in the starting grid and was quickly behind the LFA before turn 1. GTR actually passed up the LFA on the inside but by the time they reached turn 2, the LFA was beside it then GTR fell behind in turn 3 into turn 4. The GT2 catches up to the GTR while closely trailing the LFA. After turn 16 they hit the straightaway.

Lap 2: They become almost 3 wide just after the Start/Finish, all did late braking, GT2 tried to pass on the inside in turn 1, but the GTR edged out the LFA in the turn and got ahead. The GT2 trailed the LFA all the way up to the end of the straight. GT2 was always stuck on the LFA's rear, but there were times when the LFA would out handle and brake the GT2 in some of the turns. There was one point in time that the GT2 looked as if it was going to pass the LFA in the straight.

Lap 3. The GT2 got past the LFA in turn 1, but the LFA quickly passed up the GT2 when it had shift problems. LFA and GT2 got side by side from turn 10 to 12. By turn 16, GTR was wayyyyy ahead. Then when both GT2 and LFA got onto the straight, the GT2 reeled the LFA by the time they hit a quarter of the straightway and from there on the LFA trailed.

Gotta give credit for the LFA because it showed its agility in the turns and braking and where there were times the GT-R was under boost lag, the LFA was able to gain some ground. But overall, the LFA's V10 seemed outpowered/outgeared by the strong turbo boost of GT2 RS and the quick low end boost AWD drivetrain of the GT-R.

Even though Fuji is supposed to be the home track for the F, it has too much straightaway and long turns which the GT2 RS and GT-R will shine. If it was a more technical track say Laguna Seca, Suzuka or etc, the LFA can probably do some damage in the turns. We already know the LFA is not a drag racer as all the power is on the high end. I think it did pretty well considering the constraints.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-04-11 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-05-11, 12:10 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by G Star
Gotta be honest, a little butthurt the LFA didn't win, thanks for updating! I know this much to ask for, are you planning to rip and upload online?
No...that's piracy and its illegal.
Old 05-05-11, 07:09 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um..did you say the LFA got LAPPED??!!?
Old 05-05-11, 07:37 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks so much for all the details, flip.

Can you please tell me the 1200 meter times of other cars? Thanks.

Both cars had rolling start so no LC. By about midway through 3rd gear in the LFA, the GTR started to pull away. By the end of the 1200m, the GTR was about 3 car lengths ahead.

1) LFA
2) ZR1
3) F430
4) GT-R
5) GT2

Lap 1: At the start, the GTR quickly passed up the F430 and ZR1 in the starting grid and was quickly behind the LFA before turn 1. GTR actually passed up the LFA on the inside but by the time they reached turn 2, the LFA was beside it then GTR fell behind in turn 3 into turn 4. The GT2 catches up to the GTR while closely trailing the LFA. After turn 16 they hit the straightaway.

Lap 2: They become almost 3 wide just after the Start/Finish, all did late braking, GT2 tried to pass on the inside in turn 1, but the GTR edged out the LFA in the turn and got ahead. The GT2 trailed the LFA all the way up to the end of the straight. GT2 was always stuck on the LFA's rear, but there were times when the LFA would out handle and brake the GT2 in some of the turns. There was one point in time that the GT2 looked as if it was going to pass the LFA in the straight.

Lap 3. The GT2 got past the LFA in turn 1, but the LFA quickly passed up the GT2 when it had shift problems. LFA and GT2 got side by side from turn 10 to 12. By turn 16, GTR was wayyyyy ahead. Then when both GT2 and LFA got onto the straight, the GT2 reeled the LFA by the time they hit a quarter of the straightway and from there on the LFA trailed.

Gotta give credit for the LFA because it showed its agility in the turns and braking and where there were times the GT-R was under boost lag, the LFA was able to gain some ground. But overall, the LFA's V10 seemed outpowered/outgeared by the strong turbo boost of GT2 RS and the quick low end boost AWD drivetrain of the GT-R.

Even though Fuji is supposed to be the home track for the F, it has too much straightaway and long turns which the GT2 RS and GT-R will shine. If it was a more technical track say Laguna Seca, Suzuka or etc, the LFA can probably do some damage in the turns. We already know the LFA is not a drag racer as all the power is on the high end. I think it did pretty well considering the constraints.
Old 05-05-11, 08:15 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as I've predicted, thanks for posting the result. I guess the Godzilla's computerized AWD system trumped both raw power and handling on this track. The LFA would need more power (and better tires?), and the GT2 RS would need faster gear changes.

1) LFA
2) ZR1
3) F430
4) GT-R
5) GT2

Old 05-05-11, 08:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks so much for all the details, flip.

Can you please tell me the 1200 meter times of other cars? Thanks.
They didn't measure the times...and the name is not flip.
Old 05-05-11, 08:38 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I meant speeds. Can you please tell what speeds other cars achieved? I was using short-hand. I assume you like the be addressed as flipside909.

They didn't measure the times...and the name is not flip.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-05-11 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-05-11, 08:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Just as I've predicted, thanks for posting the result. I guess the Godzilla's computerized AWD system trumped both raw power and handling on this track. The LFA would need more power (and better tires?), and the GT2 RS would need faster gear changes.
Yeah the GT-R's AWD system was the biggest advantage. It quickly gained ground when all the cars were still working their way up 2nd gear. If they didn't have what seemed to be synchro issues with the GT2, it would have been in front of the LFA from the moment it first passed it.
Old 05-05-11, 09:34 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not very flattering for the LFA- at least not in Kino's hands. I wonder if he didn't push it to the limits it could be pushed to. It sounds like it was someone else's car. Still isn't that bad, but Fuji has a super long straight. The 1200M speeds sound fishy slow for the LFA. I mean weve seen vids of it hitting 170mph in no time with Scott Pruett behind the wheel. Still cool to see the results though, so thanks.

Quick Reply: Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS