LFA Model (2012)

Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 12:27 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody was making excuses, it'd be nice to see it at a track closer to sea level though, any track for that. And kino does have experience with the LFA, that's without doubt, but during the 24hour races, others were faster than him. Just goes to show you that there is an easy feeling with this car. Just from the comments. Coming 3rd to more powerful cars is still good. It matched the gt2s lap times as well. FROM a LEXUS!
Old 05-11-11, 01:24 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Nobody was making excuses, it'd be nice to see it at a track closer to sea level though, any track for that. And kino does have experience with the LFA, that's without doubt, but during the 24hour races, others were faster than him. Just goes to show you that there is an easy feeling with this car. Just from the comments. Coming 3rd to more powerful cars is still good. It matched the gt2s lap times as well. FROM a LEXUS!
Yeah, and if its within a second or two from other cars in this field, then the LFA is completely capable as a performance car. Add to that the other intrinsic values of this beautiful car from Toyota, and you have a very nice car worthy to stand on its own. Most 99.9% of the owners for any of these cars can't drive well enough or risk $375K worth of car to drive at this pace anyway, these are highly skilled drivers on a very familiar FIA certified race course. Just be happy that the owner of the #41 let them abuse and prove his investment with only 800km on the clock for all of us to see. Right?
Old 05-11-11, 01:29 PM
motohide
Pole Position

The next stop for the Lexus LFA Tour is ALL TOYOTAFEST happening at Long Beach, CA.

Sitting next to the Queen Mary Hotel, this event will feature 300 Vintage Toyota cars from all over western USA and Canada.

If you are a Toyota nut, you can't miss this annual event. Consider it the Pebble Beach Councours for Toyota.

Admission is FREE (No excuse for lack of funds!!)
Queen Mary Hotel, Front Lot and Park area.
Saturday May 14th, 9am~4pm.

Come join us! See you all there! I'll be strolling around with a judging sheet for Old Corolla Class and Lexus Class category. Come see me, and we'll have a blast talking about Toyota cars all day long!

OT: but I thought it was a good reminder where the LFA will be soon.
Old 05-11-11, 02:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by motohide
The next stop for the Lexus LFA Tour is ALL TOYOTAFEST happening at Long Beach, CA.

Sitting next to the Queen Mary Hotel, this event will feature 300 Vintage Toyota cars from all over western USA and Canada.

If you are a Toyota nut, you can't miss this annual event. Consider it the Pebble Beach Councours for Toyota.

Admission is FREE (No excuse for lack of funds!!)
Queen Mary Hotel, Front Lot and Park area.
Saturday May 14th, 9am~4pm.

Come join us! See you all there! I'll be strolling around with a judging sheet for Old Corolla Class and Lexus Class category. Come see me, and we'll have a blast talking about Toyota cars all day long!

OT: but I thought it was a good reminder where the LFA will be soon.
and to think exactly a year ago the lfa was also at the toyotafest and they kept on saying car was sold out

i kind of hope they are going to have 2 lfa there this year, one roped off and a worn out one that allows people to sit in the car. 99.99% of the people won't be able to afford the car, but if lexus' intention is to promote the brand / performance division, this is a way to go
Old 05-11-11, 02:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Most 99.9% of the owners for any of these cars can't drive well enough or risk $375K worth of car to drive at this pace anyway
amen, actually quite a few exotic owners they really don't know how to handle the power in their rides. watched a 458 video lately going through courses, he didn't even know how to follow cones. wow
Old 05-11-11, 09:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and to think exactly a year ago the lfa was also at the toyotafest and they kept on saying car was sold out
Yeah well that was last year...can't dwell on old news.
Old 05-12-11, 02:30 AM
motohide
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yeah well that was last year...can't dwell on old news.
I think what they released was that all delivery-ready vehicles are sold out, 26 vehicles, at the time of when Japanese media got the news, and that press' words expanded through internet and likely mistook somebody's intentions of words, and became to mean that all 500 units were sold out.
In any case, Toyota never negated it, as it was never their press release that the cars weren't available for ordering.

Good news is that they are making them still, and despite all the events in recent years from global economic slumps to oil price strains, and even a worst natural disaster in history in Japan, that LFA is still in production, and FT86 project isn't even cancelled.

I take that as ALL good news. Just think about that...

As for the sitting in the LFA at car shows, I would think that if some of the visitors stopped stealing ashtrays and shift ***** from LA Car Show display Corollas and LS460s, that they may even consider letting people fondle the LFA at shows like this...LOL!
Old 05-12-11, 06:45 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what they released was that all delivery-ready vehicles are sold out, 26 vehicles, at the time of when Japanese media got the news, and that press' words expanded through internet and likely mistook somebody's intentions of words, and became to mean that all 500 units were sold out.
In any case, Toyota never negated it, as it was never their press release that the cars weren't available for ordering.

Good news is that they are making them still, and despite all the events in recent years from global economic slumps to oil price strains, and even a worst natural disaster in history in Japan, that LFA is still in production, and FT86 project isn't even cancelled.

As for the sitting in the LFA at car shows, I would think that if some of the visitors stopped stealing ashtrays and shift ***** from LA Car Show display Corollas and LS460s, that they may even consider letting people fondle the LFA at shows like this...LOL!
Do you think Japanese buyers would feel insulted and disinterested if any unsold LFAs are brought back to Japan today?
Old 05-12-11, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

nop, production didn't even start until end of last year. may of last year, it was all orders only.

but hey, at least the lfa doesn't have any shift ****
Old 05-12-11, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Do you think Japanese buyers would feel insulted and disinterested if any unsold LFAs are brought back to Japan today?
i don't think so, a lot of them are so loyal and the mentality would keep them happy from getting the car. i am sure dave600hl for example would be first to jump on it
Old 05-12-11, 11:17 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Well no, there are lots of cars (well in the case of the LFA, after the lease is up and owners have titles not shared with Lexus USA) the cars will go all over the world to wealthy individuals seeking to own one. Many Japanese cars go back to Japan for simple reasons as people wanting a Left hand drive, or matters making it cheaper to source from the USA with exchange rates on used cars.
I guess with the leasing programs, Lexus is trying to prevent hoarding and excessive export out of native lands to which LFA are sold to keep in check with local safety regulations while the car is fresh out of the factory.

No one will be offended. I'm sure of that.
Remember the initial year of the NSX didn't do so well either and took off the second and third year, then trailed off from there. It takes time for new exotic cars to sink into potential owners and become more desirable after there are lots of records of good feedback and appearances from owner cars at high-end auctions and such.

We'll just see.
Old 05-13-11, 01:47 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I doubt it...someone stole the radio **** on the pearl yellow LFA a few months back. It has since been replaced.
Old 05-13-11, 12:05 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't think so, a lot of them are so loyal and the mentality would keep them happy from getting the car. i am sure dave600hl for example would be first to jump on it
Yes I kind of think so too. National pride is stronger than personal ego.
Old 05-13-11, 12:17 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Well no, there are lots of cars (well in the case of the LFA, after the lease is up and owners have titles not shared with Lexus USA) the cars will go all over the world to wealthy individuals seeking to own one. Many Japanese cars go back to Japan for simple reasons as people wanting a Left hand drive, or matters making it cheaper to source from the USA with exchange rates on used cars.
I guess with the leasing programs, Lexus is trying to prevent hoarding and excessive export out of native lands to which LFA are sold to keep in check with local safety regulations while the car is fresh out of the factory.

No one will be offended. I'm sure of that.
Remember the initial year of the NSX didn't do so well either and took off the second and third year, then trailed off from there. It takes time for new exotic cars to sink into potential owners and become more desirable after there are lots of records of good feedback and appearances from owner cars at high-end auctions and such.

We'll just see.
So a savvy investor should scoop up the remaining LFAs and wiggle out of the first refusal clause to export them back to Japan for good profit right?
Old 05-13-11, 01:02 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

After seeing the video again, I've noticed that the LFA had the highest cornering speed. It is suffering on the straights.

Quick Reply: Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS