LFA Model (2012)

Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-11, 08:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Amazing stuff!!! Love reading these details.

I would really love to read his detailed review once he breaks in his LFA and takes it to the track. How he likes it versus his other cars? etc.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think so. Yes he has owned other exotics and he felt his Audi R8 was his favorite until this one. True Car Guy and huge Lexus owner, I believe he said he has owned 13 Lexus vehicles and 8 for his wife. The owner was on point with the LFA, dropping knowledge to everyone. Its one of the few times I felt most everything said was accurate.

The cool thing was he stated this is the first supercar he bought that his wife loves. She is a Lexus gal and knows have to drive a manual and approved the LFA.

Seems when it was delivered Hennessy Lexus presented a cake and there was a mini LFA sculpture on top of it.

He has followed this car from day one and said as soon as he was told about the project he wanted one. The initial price he was told was much lower around 200k before they decided to go full Carbon Fiber. What he said next had me, he said "200k, 375k. whats money amongst friends"

Balling

This was his first C&O, Forged Performance told him about it (he has a track GT-R they modify for him they also brought) and he said he will be at more in the future.

It really was amazing to see a Lexus be the show stopper at such a high profile meet. Never in my life would I have thought that.

Pics will be posted soon.
Old 02-06-11, 09:02 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Amazing stuff!!! Love reading these details.

I would really love to read his detailed review once he breaks in his LFA and takes it to the track. How he likes it versus his other cars? etc.
He told Scott Pruett if he ever wants to come to Atlanta and drive it at the new track being built here he's all game. If I remember he said he's done around 150 laps with Pruett, mostly at Homestead. The owner was very pleased with the LFA.

He stated it actually arrived a few weeks ago but b/c of our crappy weather he said just keep it until it warms up.

True gentleman, class act and seems like Gengar and the other LFA owners on here that have taken the time to share their LFA experiences with the rest of us.
Old 02-06-11, 10:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the forged performance review talked about this guy. It makes sense.

Hopefully, they will strap it to a dyno and see what the LFA is putting down.

He told Scott Pruett if he ever wants to come to Atlanta and drive it at the new track being built here he's all game. If I remember he said he's done around 150 laps with Pruett, mostly at Homestead. The owner was very pleased with the LFA.

He stated it actually arrived a few weeks ago but b/c of our crappy weather he said just keep it until it warms up.

True gentleman, class act and seems like Gengar and the other LFA owners on here that have taken the time to share their LFA experiences with the rest of us.
Old 02-06-11, 10:21 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story.

This car is creating amazing buzz around the net. People are tracking this forum to report on the LF A. You're even being quoted over on bimmerpost.

Found out today that one is actually coming to Calgary and six are going to Vancouver. Maybe my chances of seeing one up close are better than I thought.
Old 02-06-11, 10:29 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am pretty sure the buzz must be even bigger on the NAGTROC website since from what sicklex said, he is a very important and big member of the GTR community.

The forged performance review was also posted on NAGTROC when Lexus sent the yellow prototype for this owner to test drive. The forged performance owner ended up testing driving it and reviewing it.
Old 02-07-11, 12:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

that's awesome mike, great seeing all the pics and videos. very cool!!!! so you think he's in the 50s-60s? i think it's great to see that he has other exotics and well and that he likes the lfa a lot!
Old 02-07-11, 05:21 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I will post my videos from this summer up of the owner driving the prototype today.
Old 02-07-11, 05:50 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a stand-up guy, the owner!
Old 02-07-11, 07:41 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYmu...layer_embedded
Old 02-07-11, 08:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

seems like the one driving the car is a young guy huh
Old 02-07-11, 08:47 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

From this summer Prototype #14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-EixUReZd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5wTF...eature=related
Old 02-07-11, 08:48 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
seems like the one driving the car is a young guy huh
He is most likely the same dude who reviewed LFA earlier (owner of Forged Peformance).
Old 02-07-11, 03:50 PM
LexFather

Great vids and pics everyone. I'll try to post mine later tonight.
Old 02-07-11, 04:17 PM
Mr.1.5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
He is most likely the same dude who reviewed LFA earlier (owner of Forged Peformance).

Ryan is the Sales manager at Forged. Sharif owns Forged. But either way that older guy has a BA car.
Old 02-08-11, 02:17 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Here another of #003.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OzFp8MrL6g

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)