LFA Model (2012)

Orange LFA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-11, 12:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The point of the LFA is for us Lexus fans to look up to it and "aspire" to own it. It is meant to be a halo car for the F cars. While many will aspire to own an LFA, in reality quite a few will buy an IS F or one of the other future F cars. This is the same thing as Porsche had with the Carrera GT and Ferrari had with the Enzo. Lots of Porsche and Ferrari owners aspired to own a Carrera GT or LFA, even though many of them couldn't afford it. Many of them did buy lower models, and were proud to drive a car of a company that made something like the Enzo or a company that made the Carrera GT.

Every Lexus owner should feel proud now for owning a Lexus, because the LFA exists, and some future Lexus models will see some of the LFA's technologies filter down.
x2

Its a halo model. I am glad Lexus shot so high and created the greatest Japanese car ever made.
Old 01-16-11, 01:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Wolfgang likes the LFA.

Old 01-16-11, 02:02 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I didn't think I could afford an IS F when it first came out, but with some hard work and determination, I made it happen. The LFA of course is out of my league, but sky is the limit!
I'm working my butt off but I don't foresee this car anytime in my future
Old 01-17-11, 01:29 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The front bumper only looks weird in pictures. it has that affect. But looking at it in real life you're able to tell that it's purposeful and rounded, not just 'flat' and plain looking. The front doesn't photo well, at least not as well as your own eyes can perceive it.
Old 01-17-11, 07:48 AM
Koukir32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i like orange way more than the smoky granite on the lfa
Same here. Just looks sharper, and I think lots have to do with how many cars out there on the roads are grey/silver nowadays too
Old 01-17-11, 07:54 AM
Koukir32
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TF109B
It's obviously the repainted one. I see the same color calipers on the brakes as before (the deep gray). The winglets look the same, no screws just little 'lines' I think they updated that back on the previous repaints. The orange looks the same as the Nurburgring edition. They should have just added the wing, the wheels the front pieces and said it was! I'd be interested to see that car in the flesh!
With a sad reminder of the great Naruse San..
Old 01-17-11, 08:03 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4play
These cars are all great and such but are there any "real" people who own these cars? Sad for Lexus to make a car that is basically un-attainable by anyone unless your last name is a Kennedy.....or lotto winner
I want to have my last name changed to lotto winner as well! lol

Germany has Silver as their racing color, Ferrari has red and Lambo has orange, Japan should also have their racing color
Old 01-17-11, 08:14 AM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The point of the LFA is for us Lexus fans to look up to it and "aspire" to own it. It is meant to be a halo car for the F cars. While many will aspire to own an LFA, in reality quite a few will buy an IS F or one of the other future F cars. This is the same thing as Porsche had with the Carrera GT and Ferrari had with the Enzo. Lots of Porsche and Ferrari owners aspired to own a Carrera GT or LFA, even though many of them couldn't afford it. Many of them did buy lower models, and were proud to drive a car of a company that made something like the Enzo or a company that made the Carrera GT.

Every Lexus owner should feel proud now for owning a Lexus, because the LFA exists, and some future Lexus models will see some of the LFA's technologies filter down.
Don't care about the Halo and aspiringness or sometype of out of reach model, I want the car. All the price does is for me to aspire AND attain a GT-R cause of price. And I could buy 3 GT-Rs before I can buy 1 LFA. It's really irritating.

Before anyone says something, I won't buy a Nissan so don't get your panties ina bunch. I'm too much of a hardcore Toyota fan for that.
Old 01-17-11, 08:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by PR0PH37
Don't care about the Halo and aspiringness or sometype of out of reach model, I want the car. All the price does is for me to aspire AND attain a GT-R cause of price. And I could buy 3 GT-Rs before I can buy 1 LFA. It's really irritating.

Before anyone says something, I won't buy a Nissan so don't get your panties ina bunch. I'm too much of a hardcore Toyota fan for that.
lol, simply because you just aren't a buyer in the group that's all.

no difference than those who can't afford a m3 and settle for civic si, or those who can't afford a ferrari 599 and settle for a r8
Old 01-17-11, 10:09 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

A GTR is no LFA. LFA is simply in a different league on every level. It became clear in the recent 'Evo car of the year' where driving back to back, Evo UK said LFA and GTR are simply incomparable on all levels.

The driving experience and the purist feel is worlds apart. LFA is a hardcore super sports car focused on lightweight, cutting-edge luxury, telepathic response, F1 V10 sound and ideal balance in every sense while GTR is a heavy and big GT car that happens to put down numbers impressive numbers owing to its superb ATTESSA AWD while sounding like a vaccum cleaner.

Conversely, I could get three Evo X for the price a Nissan GTR as well and still have great turbo performance. Or I could modify one or two Evo X to kill a GTR in every place for far less.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-17-11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-17-11, 11:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Why would you settle for something lesser? I wouldn't.
Old 01-17-11, 12:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

With all due respect, I think you are not in the target market for an LFA . The LFA was always meant to be an exotic supercar. Being exotic and being a supercar automatically means it will be rare and expensive and out of the league of many people.

I'd love to have the car too (what Lexus fan wouldn't), but the car is doing its job when so many of us love the car.

Oh and with the GT-R, there is more to owning it than just MSRP. GT-R maintenance costs are huge, relative to the MSRP. It's cheaper to maintain a 911 Turbo than it is a GT-R.

Sure it might be irritating that you can't attain it, but we all can't have everything we want in life .

Last but not least, lets have faith. I think in the next few years Lexus will have a high-performance coupe that's more affordable for regular people. Maybe a model below the LFA, or maybe an SC F, we'll see.
Old 01-17-11, 01:09 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They do have an FT-86 coming soon, and rumors of another sports car project in the Toyota line-up, and a successor to the LFA as well, perhaps a hybrid like the 918. I think they'd be wise to do so. Since they are #1 in Hybrids, they might as well be #1 in the Hybrid sports car department as well, take Porsche down Akio! You're #1 not the VW group!
Old 01-17-11, 01:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Haha Akio is a fan of all makes...Porsche...and the 918!

Old 01-20-11, 05:23 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's like, damn, time to make LFA 2...

Quick Reply: Orange LFA