Old 05-10-10, 10:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Exclamation Official PR: Lexus Introduces 2012 LFA Nürburgring Package

• 50 Units Available
  • Nürburgring Race Car Influenced Styling and Performance
  • 562 Horsepower and Quicker Gear Changes

TORRANCE, Calif. (May 10, 2010) – Lexus announced today it will offer a limited edition Nürburgring Package to LFA customers.

“This Nürburgring Package builds on the track-ready Lexus supercar with styling cues from the 24 Hours of Nürburgring prototype LFA racecar,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. “Driving enthusiasts will also appreciate the Nürburgring Package’s performance enhancements that were proven on the legendary German track.”

The 4.8L V10 engine for Nürburgring Package equipped LFA’s will produce 562 horsepower, 10 more horsepower than the standard high-performance LFA. The gear-shift time has been reduced by 0.05 seconds to only 0.15 seconds for even faster gear changes.

The Nürburgring Package is limited to only 50 units out of the 500 LFA hand-assembled for global distribution. It will also have the following features:

A sport-tuned suspension, exclusive black mesh-type wheels and dedicated high-grip tires for better handling;
And a larger front spoiler and fixed rear wing for improved high speed down force.

This limited edition LFA will be available in four exterior colors – whitest white, orange, black and matte black complemented by a choice of three interior colors – black, red, and violet. All come with a carbon fiber center console and door trim. The Nürburgring Package will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $70,000. Matte black will carry an additional cost of $20,000. The standard LFA carries a MSRP of $375,000.

In addition to the Nürburgring vehicle specifications, a package of special privileges is included in association with the Nürburgring course itself. The perks comprise, but are not limited to, private parking, co-pilot ride, one night at the Lindner Congress and Motorsport Hotel Nürburgring, private training with Nürburgring chief driving instructor, a Nürburgring branded jacket, as well as a one-year annual pass valid for driving on the Nordschleife and admission to ring°werk leisure park.

Courtesy: Lexus USA

Old 05-10-10, 10:56 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd use that one-year pass and just go buck wild everyday on the Ring...
Old 05-10-10, 11:30 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meh. I'm thinking this package isn't worth the coin they're charging...
Old 05-10-10, 11:35 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to update my friend who is considering it since he travels to Germany pretty often...
Old 05-10-10, 11:36 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he is "considering it" then he is too late. This option will be offered to those who have already received an LFA allocation.
Old 05-10-10, 12:19 PM
JessePS

$70k for an extra 12 hp and quicker gear change :/ a tad steep by super car standard.
Old 05-10-10, 01:15 PM
venom21
Instructor

$70K and $20K extra for Matte black?, Jebus.
Old 05-10-10, 02:42 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by venom21
$70K and $20K extra for Matte black?, Jebus.
Originally Posted by JessePS
$70k for an extra 12 hp and quicker gear change :/ a tad steep by super car standard.
In addition to the Nürburgring vehicle specifications, a package of special privileges is included in association with the Nürburgring course itself. The perks comprise, but are not limited to, private parking, co-pilot ride, one night at the Lindner Congress and Motorsport Hotel Nürburgring, private training with Nürburgring chief driving instructor, a Nürburgring branded jacket, as well as a one-year annual pass valid for driving on the Nordschleife and admission to ring°werk leisure park.
Read much?
Old 05-10-10, 04:57 PM
venom21
Instructor

A jacket, a track pass and training still don't make it worth while to me. But alas, I'm just a speck of dust compared to those who have the money.
Old 05-10-10, 05:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
meh. I'm thinking this package isn't worth the coin they're charging...
some might say its more than the package that is a bit steep
Old 05-10-10, 07:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Awesome.. Fact of the matter is I'll never own one, let alone drive one, but even so the price on this car doesn't deter me from it. It's a Halo car, and a terrific one to boot. Makes me wonder, had Lexus created a new brand (focused on ultra-high performance/luxury ie Ferrari/Lambo/AM competitor) would it be more accepted due to a "justified price". All people seem to focus on is price because it wear's the Lexus moniker (known to be reliable, luxurious, safe, intuitive etc...). Who gives a hoot honestly. It's extremely rare, bursting with tech, performance, style and bound to be another timeless classic. I give this car my

Last edited by Hoovey689; 05-10-10 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-10-10, 09:38 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

might as well buy a GTR for that price, haha
Old 05-10-10, 11:22 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Awesome.. Fact of the matter is I'll never own one, let alone drive one, but even so the price on this car doesn't deter me from it. It's a Halo car, and a terrific one to boot. Makes me wonder, had Lexus created a new brand (focused on ultra-high performance/luxury ie Ferrari/Lambo/AM competitor) would it be more accepted due to a "justified price". All people seem to focus on is price because it wear's the Lexus moniker (known to be reliable, luxurious, safe, intuitive etc...). Who gives a hoot honestly. It's extremely rare, bursting with tech, performance, style and bound to be another timeless classic. I give this car my
Pretty sure if they'd bought say, De Tomaso and had put the badge on the hood, not a peep would have been uttered about the price.
Old 05-10-10, 11:36 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
If he is "considering it" then he is too late. This option will be offered to those who have already received an LFA allocation.
Lol, that heavy black card he has does wonders. Hes on the list now
Old 05-11-10, 12:18 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its coo but...as if it wasnt sporty enough stock

Quick Reply: Official PR: Lexus Introduces 2012 LFA Nürburgring Package