LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 12:26 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Wow 122 pages, I found pictures of a blue LFA, been added in this thread before? let me know.
No pictures, just videos. Feel free to add (especially since I ordered in Pearl Blue!)

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
IMO... This multi-color theme doesn't sit well at all on the car. Dare I say "ricerish"?
I understand the "limited edition endurance" model etc. But still...
Almost every LFA is going to be multi-color because of the vents.
Old 06-22-10, 12:30 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Since nobody answered, I guess you guys have seen it, I'll post anyways lol.

It was posted a while back just video tho.

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
And yet another LFA but this time in.......BLUE!!!! Saw it posted on lexusenthusiast.com so decided to share. Second video shows the interior. Look at those Recaro seats!! Best color so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW4R6...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOauG...layer_embedded

Old 06-22-10, 12:31 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like the front side-splitter thing on the NB edition, it doesn't look like it fits right. I think the paint job is great however.
Old 06-22-10, 12:34 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't think that is the finish NB edtition, it looks like added on pcs to the car. My thoughts the the finish product will look more polished.
Old 06-22-10, 12:37 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Absolutely in love with the black pillars and roof!!
+1 for sure, me likes. (meaning I'd like the hood etc body colored!)
Old 06-22-10, 12:44 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think black/red would be a better combo for the two-tone theme.
Old 06-22-10, 01:04 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go Panda theme with clear coated carbon instead of black or go full clear coated carbon. Mmmmm....

I'm not a huge fan of two-tone exteriors but my car sort of has it (panoramic roof, it's all glass from windshield to hatch). It's not as noticeable if you have a darker color car however like mine.
Old 06-22-10, 01:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

It's not two-tone. There was never a two-tone LFA, these are just parts put on for testing. Haven't we seen the press-release for the Nurb' edition? It didn't show two tone, the rear wing was added along with a splitter and two kanards on either side of the front bumper, all were in carbon fiber, these pieces are just painted and added on, and might i add that the rear wing seems to be adjustable! Awesome. I think they just painted the black over the sides to give it a bit of an off look. Car companies do that a lot, it's like saying, "I don't like that zebra paint on the new M6" It's not going to be there. And how dare you say 'rice'! What do you call the ACR then? 'Corn'? Or how about the GT3 RS? 'Kraut'? That can be taken as a racist remark, not many Asian people I know like that word used in that terminology.
Old 06-22-10, 01:18 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
It's not two-tone. There was never a two-tone LFA, these are just parts put on for testing. Haven't we seen the press-release for the Nurb' edition? It didn't show two tone, the rear wing was added along with a splitter and two kanards on either side of the front bumper, all were in carbon fiber, these pieces are just painted and added on, and might i add that the rear wing seems to be adjustable! Awesome. I think they just painted the black over the sides to give it a bit of an off look. Car companies do that a lot, it's like saying, "I don't like that zebra paint on the new M6" It's not going to be there. And how dare you say 'rice'! What do you call the ACR then? 'Corn'? Or how about the GT3 RS? 'Kraut'? That can be taken as a racist remark, not many Asian people I know like that word used in that terminology.
Last I checked ricer only offends said culprits. And is in no way even remotely related to race or racism. You have Asian friends? Me too! Imagine that. And they are mature enough to not care about the term and use it more than I.

2-Toned , testing parts, whatever the case. It looks FUNKY to me.

Old 06-22-10, 01:27 PM
Rash
hmm

RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, not the food itself, I'm hungry.
Old 06-22-10, 02:12 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

rice = asian upgrades on a car.
kraut= german upgrades on a car.
corn?= american upgrades on a car.

None of them make any sense. Yeah I have asian friends, and as mature as they are it's not cool to call someone a ricer, or to say that functional parts on a car are rice. If that's the case, all racing cars with wings and splitters and kanards are rice. Not so! That's why i said it doesn't look like 'rice' and the paint was just a semi-camo job. Still looks good and rear wing looks to be an adjustable piece, probably sick fast this LFA will be.
Old 06-22-10, 02:16 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In the ring pics, the antenna looks like it was going through hell
Old 06-22-10, 04:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gengar
I did confirm that the badge delete is only the rear LFA badge, and the F on the fenders are not included in that delete option..
Congrats!!!!

Ask them how would you be able to order 3 extra "F" fender badges ???

For example lets say you wanted to match the F badges from your LFA to your IS-F....

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-22-10 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 07:00 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's a nice shot of the LFA and also good audio of engine rev at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOF6iLYAtfw

I think this is on the other side of the wall from some of those JP vids that are posted earlier in this thread.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Ask them how would you be able to order 3 extra "F" fender badges ???

For example lets say you wanted to match the F badges from your LFA to your IS-F....

Joe Z
I think I actually like the IS-F badges better.
Old 06-22-10, 09:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TF109B
This is correct. The wheels are not even right, it is clearly a tester. Surely Lexus is aware people will snap pics and they made it nice and bright and different for people to see (and bish about in some cases).

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Last I checked ricer only offends said culprits. And is in no way even remotely related to race or racism. You have Asian friends? Me too! Imagine that. And they are mature enough to not care about the term and use it more than I.

2-Toned , testing parts, whatever the case. It looks FUNKY to me.

Knock off the baiting pictures as we know your stance on the LFA already.

Everyone keep this on the LFA and lets try to not use the term rice as clearly it is inappropriate for this level of car.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)