LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 11:36 AM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LFA available for order

This car is absolutely stunning!!! The instrument cluster, auto-lift rear wing and engine are truly beautiful to the sight and ears. The Lexus engineers and design team have certainly developed a marquee product to compete amongst the world's elite supercars. Too bad it's out of my price range.
The car is now officially posted on Lexus.com and Lexus.ca.

The LFA in matte black looks like a stealth fighter, especially with the pyramidal exhaust layout. Perhaps, LFA means "Lexus Figher Aircraft".

Watch the amazing video on the LFA microsite or on Autoevolution.

LFA

Update from Tokyo - Oct. 21, 2009

Lexus LFA To Be Limited to 500-Unit Run, Priced at $375,000: 2009 Tokyo Show

TOKYO — Lexus is getting down to the nitty-gritty details with its highly anticipated LFA V10 supercar, saying on Wednesday at the official launch of the car at the 2009 Tokyo Auto Show that it will limit the production run to just 500 units worldwide. It also said the manufacturer's suggested price is about $375,000.

It also said it will roll out "additional models," including a model with "special color selection" and a model "tuned to be more circuit-suited." It said production of both of those would begin at the start of 2012.

Pre-sales of the LFA began today. Lexus said the production/sales period will run from December 2010 to December 2012.

The LFA, which sprints from zero to 60 mph in less than 3.7 seconds, is equipped with a 552-horsepower 4.8-liter V10 engine and a six-speed automated sequential gearbox. Lexus describes it as "the pinnacle of the Lexus 'F' premium sports car series."

Last edited by dappy; 10-22-09 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-21-09, 11:36 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick please dont take offense of this but the HS250 is a silly car ...just stupid decision to build one in my opinion lol

the LFA on the other hand isnt
Old 10-21-09, 11:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
sick please dont take offense of this but the HS250 is a silly car ...just stupid decision to build one in my opinion lol

the LFA on the other hand isnt
lol, its not my cup of tea either but they can't make enough. So its a sales hit, even if we don't like it.
Old 10-21-09, 11:42 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

On the LFA, I would get a metallic gray exterior with red interior exactly as press pics show. and red calipers and gunmetal wheels. I am not enthralled by the front end but i am sure it looks better in person. However that color combo would just be WOW!

that would be my choice
Old 10-21-09, 11:42 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

does anyone know where i can see detailed video of instrument cluster changing etc?
you get a little bit in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJJTzrngww

1:06
1:11-1:15
1:20-1:23
Old 10-21-09, 11:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
. I mean Lexus for years, no matter what they produce, was called out by internetz for being boring and staid.

Here is a supercar exotic with its only equals being fellow super cars and exotics and instead of saying "wow Lexus, great job" people are bishing about price and styling and price and GT-R and price blah blah blah

What exotic has ever been universally loved?

For the brands first supercar, its pretty amazing. This isn't a car with an IS-F engine or with LS parts or a SC chassis modified.

It is a complete new way of thinking and execution for the company.

This is a "FOREVER" car. We will never forget when this car debuted (well some of us). This is a Poster car. This is a new Lexus icon.

My goodness I see the same people crying about how silly the HS 250h is now crying how silly the LFA is.

What gives?
here's what i think. i don't think it's possible to through away badge name, reputation, and heritage. it's always out there. ferrari is and will always be a farrari, people will wow over it any day. i don't think there is anything wrong with it, it's about the "status" ultimately.

that's exactly why on and off we will hear "it's nice, but it's a nissan" and "it's nice, but it's just a honda"... fwiw i have seen that from a lot of people, bmw, mb, lexus, you name it

but that's exactly why i have always thought lexus is "chasing" after the sport / supercar / exotic segment. it's a very steep uphill fight, and it's never easy, and i think it's up to a person to justify all the points. if someone see the lexus badge and automatically think it's never a match to ferrari, it has to be under 200k even with a jet engine, etc... there is really nothing worth discussing with them anymore. coz' to me its what it is, that's how much they accept things

i on the other hand (at least i think) try to see it with a more open mind and am more interested in the evolution and growth. imho, with a very narrow mind, then 20 yrs ago lexus couldn't have gotten into luxury car segment (it's just a toyota), few years ago audi r8 can't get into the discussion it's getting now (it's just an audi), and last year hyundai genesis won't be put together with other luxury cars.

lexus lfa is a halo car, i think a lot of us can agree on that. what lexus has to follow up with the car and their future development is still up in the air (well probably a lot of planning going on already or even in progress, just that we don't know at all). to me i am just seeing the same kind of resistance from people accepting the potential of this car. read that i say potential, i am not saying what the car can do already coz' i don't think i have seen it all yet

if after this lfa, lexus drops the ball and nothing follows, no promising new sc, no better 100-150k sport car, no gsf, etc... then yeah, i think they have wasted their lfa effort and the potential of future marketing potential. but seeing a lot of the replies and how people react to this car, i just can't help but think they are trying to find excuses to put down this car without looking far enough. of course, there are always counter arguments, and i am not going to argue, it's one of those "agree to disagree" things. but i always just go back to the history of lexus 20 yrs ago when everyone said it's impossible to compete with bmw and mb
Old 10-21-09, 11:43 AM
LexFather

i would get the metallic gray with red interior exactly as press pics show. and red calipers and gunmetal wheels.

that would be my choice
Configure it!!

http://i36.tinypic.com/1z1d4w7.jpg

There are so many choices......
Old 10-21-09, 11:45 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

when i configure the interior, it doesnt show up. Its messed up for some reason.

only the exterior config works.

p.s. my goodness doe sit look like a jack o lantern from the front
Old 10-21-09, 11:47 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by RXSF
you get a little bit in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJJTzrngww

1:06
1:11-1:15
1:20-1:23
Honestly thats pretty cool. Im still trying to figure out if I like that more or the HUD from the Reventon.

As for the LFA-R. I can't wait to see the specs and the price on that. Hmmm... $500k?
Old 10-21-09, 11:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
here's what i think. i don't think it's possible to through away badge name, reputation, and heritage. it's always out there. ferrari is and will always be a farrari, people will wow over it any day. i don't think there is anything wrong with it, it's about the "status" ultimately.

that's exactly why on and off we will hear "it's nice, but it's a nissan" and "it's nice, but it's just a honda"... fwiw i have seen that from a lot of people, bmw, mb, lexus, you name it

but that's exactly why i have always thought lexus is "chasing" after the sport / supercar / exotic segment. it's a very steep uphill fight, and it's never easy, and i think it's up to a person to justify all the points. if someone see the lexus badge and automatically think it's never a match to ferrari, it has to be under 200k even with a jet engine, etc... there is really nothing worth discussing with them anymore. coz' to me its what it is, that's how much they accept things

i on the other hand (at least i think) try to see it with a more open mind and am more interested in the evolution and growth. imho, with a very narrow mind, then 20 yrs ago lexus couldn't have gotten into luxury car segment (it's just a toyota), few years ago audi r8 can't get into the discussion it's getting now (it's just an audi), and last year hyundai genesis won't be put together with other luxury cars.

lexus lfa is a halo car, i think a lot of us can agree on that. what lexus has to follow up with the car and their future development is still up in the air (well probably a lot of planning going on already or even in progress, just that we don't know at all). to me i am just seeing the same kind of resistance from people accepting the potential of this car. read that i say potential, i am not saying what the car can do already coz' i don't think i have seen it all yet

if after this lfa, lexus drops the ball and nothing follows, no promising new sc, no better 100-150k sport car, no gsf, etc... then yeah, i think they have wasted their lfa effort and the potential of future marketing potential. but seeing a lot of the replies and how people react to this car, i just can't help but think they are trying to find excuses to put down this car without looking far enough. of course, there are always counter arguments, and i am not going to argue, it's one of those "agree to disagree" things. but i always just go back to the history of lexus 20 yrs ago when everyone said it's impossible to compete with bmw and mb

Great post Henry and I agree. I don't think they will squander the effort. The IS-F has shown people want a super sedan from Lexus and even will chose it over the competition in some cases.

The next SC has got to be coming and maybe it will be completely different in execution from the past. Maybe it will be an even sportier car than the first gen.

With a new GS coming, a GS-F makes sense. I surely don't expect it to use this same engine though. The IS comes the same year possibly.

The LFA can be used to tie into marketing for sportier vehicles. We shall see!
Old 10-21-09, 11:49 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

With the ISC, i think the SC will stay as a highway cruiser than a sports coupe
Old 10-21-09, 11:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Great post Henry and I agree. I don't think they will squander the effort. The IS-F has shown people want a super sedan from Lexus and even will chose it over the competition in some cases.

The next SC has got to be coming and maybe it will be completely different in execution from the past. Maybe it will be an even sportier car than the first gen.

With a new GS coming, a GS-F makes sense. I surely don't expect it to use this same engine though. The IS comes the same year possibly.

The LFA can be used to tie into marketing for sportier vehicles. We shall see!
yup, i see the lfa as a bridge and building block (granted, a very expensive one), and lexus needs to continue to progress otherwise it will do more harm than good

on a half related note, with the spec of the lfa drivetrain out, i highly doubt the same (or similar) engine setup will go into the gsf (again, assume there will be a gsf).

the engine philosophy is very different from the in isf. isf engine is big displacement, low end tq, and the lfa engine is very high rev, short gear, smaller displacement. and with its construction i think the lfa setup is too expensive for the gsf as well. maybe they can do a v10 (or v8 turbo, which i have reservation about) that's derived from the lfa v10, but maybe configure differently to have more tq and larger displacement.

m3 and m5 are both high rev, short gearing engines. amg is about high displacement high tq engines, so i would think the isf and gsf to be "similar"
Old 10-21-09, 11:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
With the ISC, i think the SC will stay as a highway cruiser than a sports coupe
agree, actually with the isc i think the new sc can be bumped up a bit to 80k range
Old 10-21-09, 11:55 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl

that's exactly why on and off we will hear "it's nice, but it's a nissan" and "it's nice, but it's just a honda"... fwiw i have seen that from a lot of people, bm, mb, lexus, you name it
Nissan is very well knowing among racers. The Nissan GTR was the right move...an Inifniti GTR would of been a mistake.

TOYOTA has been into racing and motorsports for years. TOYOTA even has a website http://www.toyotaracing.com/

It could be argued that if the Lexus LFA was called a TOYOTA LFA it could even be bigger. Toyota already has a heritage and a Toyotoa LFA would do wonders among the racing community.

Time will tell if this Lexus is a success or a miscalculated mistake
Old 10-21-09, 11:59 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

for those complaining about the price, find me a car with similar specs thats 65% carbon fiber by weight and limited to 500 units

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)