LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 10:49 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another tidbit:

The valvetrain on the V10 engine can handle up to 9500 RPM !
Old 10-21-09, 10:51 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Well I personally don't see why they did NOT use the concepts rear-end. It is 100x nicer/cleaner looking!!!

I am with you on this one.
Old 10-21-09, 10:54 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Another tidbit:

The valvetrain on the V10 engine can handle up to 9500 RPM !
One of those things that makes you say damn!!
Old 10-21-09, 10:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
$375k - it's definitely creating the biggest buzz for Lexus. good or bad, people will forever talk about the price.

only time will tell if this insane price will be negative or positive for Lexus.
Price of the Enzo will look insane when the F458 comes out, and it's already overpriced compared to the F430, even if you factor in the rarity.
For the LF-A, I don't know why it would be a negative, it's just an excuse for the haters to talk about, real enthusiasts care more about how it performs like, how it feels like to drive, etc.

The price doesn't even matter unless you are one of the 500 who is buying one. Sure they can choose to sell it for less and maybe build more of them, that's what I would prefer, but they choose not to, and it makes no difference to me whatsoever, because I cannot justify spending even $250k on any car for myself anyway. I am sure this is also true for like 99% of the people who is talking about the car on the internet or elsewhere.

I just hope when the production model comes out, it performs & have the driving feel like what it's supposed to, and that this is really a start for Lexus to introduce more sports model in the normal Lexus price range, i.e., under $150k ...
Old 10-21-09, 10:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
One of those things that makes you say damn!!
and even more importantly, on a v10. the more cylinders you got, the harder it is to make it so high rev
Old 10-21-09, 11:00 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FisforFast
In all honesty I think you're all way over your heads on this. I personally do not think that the LFA will do much good for Lexus and that's my opinion.

And 1SICKLEX, I know for a fact that I can go down to Toronto and order a new Ferrari right now. My father has owned a few over the years, and when I was in the market for a supercar my father let them know and the dealership called me and flew me down to Toronto to check out their models. I purchased the R8 because I didn't want to get rid of the IS F... otherwise I would have probably bought a new F430.
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Price of the Enzo will look insane when the F458 comes out, and it's already overpriced compared to the F430, even if you factor in the rarity.
For the LF-A, I don't know why it would be a negative, it's just an excuse for the haters to talk about, real enthusiasts care more about how it performs like, how it feels like to drive, etc.

The price doesn't even matter unless you are one of the 500 who is buying one. Sure they can choose to sell it for less and maybe build more of them, that's what I would prefer, but they choose not to, and it makes no difference to me whatsoever, because I cannot justify spending even $250k on any car for myself anyway. I am sure this is also true for like 99% of the people who is talking about the car on the internet or elsewhere.

I just hope when the production model comes out, it performs & have the driving feel like what it's supposed to, and that this is really a start for Lexus to introduce more sports model in the normal Lexus price range, i.e., under $150k ...
Great point and we all hope this does trickle down to more affordable vehicles!
Old 10-21-09, 11:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

said it well andrew, agree with you. i also hope when the car is here, all the performance reviews and numbers reflects what this car is about. otherwise it will be indeed a disappointment
Old 10-21-09, 11:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My god...so much bickering and bantering.

Anyway, even if the price is exhorbitant I think the truly, long lasting effects of the LFA are yet to be seen. As we know, everything that Lexus did with this car was a "first"- the suspension, the transmission, the engine, the use of carbon fiber and aluminum, aerodynamics, etc. Toyota is a financially savvy company and I am hoping that they will seek to justify the LFA's development costs with technologies that trickle down and are adapted to other, more volume oriented cars. IS, IS F, GS, GS F, SC, SC F, and maybe even an LS F are all vehicles that could greatly benefit from one or many of the technologies pioneered here.

Yes, the price is ridiculous but what does it really matter? For everyone but Dave this car isn't even on the radar. We know they will sell all 500 with no problem. CF usage for lighter weight, a V10 engine, single clutch automated transmissions...those are things that we can really get excited about because hopefully in the next few years they will be more readily avalilable and more realistic for most of us.

Also, regardless of price I really like what this car represents. I would rather have a 3200lb car with 552hp than a 4200lb one with 620hp. Horsepower can quickly become the automotive equivalent of a ***** pump- it's one element that relies heavily on several other factors to be ultimately successful. People get caught up on that ONE number and forget to consider the rest of the spec sheet and how those numbers will affect the total package. Oh, your car has 600hp? Oh, too bad it weighs 4100lbs. Not interested.

There is something to be said for a car that is light enough to be lively and entertaining, lithe and quick, nimble and tossable, as opposed to just powerful and fast. Not to say that every sports car isn't fun to drive but some companies have let weight gain get out of control. The LFA is light and powerful, and to me that is most important. I hope that this sets a precedent for other F cars- reducing weight and upping power. If the IS F could shed 200 lbs it would be a monster. With safety equipment, luxury features, and technology cars have gotten obese almost as fast as Americans. I like this "back to basics" approach to performance even if it is expensive.
Old 10-21-09, 11:05 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
and even more importantly, on a v10. the more cylinders you got, the harder it is to make it so high rev
. I mean Lexus for years, no matter what they produce, was called out by internetz for being boring and staid.

Here is a supercar exotic with its only equals being fellow super cars and exotics and instead of saying "wow Lexus, great job" people are bishing about price and styling and price and GT-R and price blah blah blah

What exotic has ever been universally loved?

For the brands first supercar, its pretty amazing. This isn't a car with an IS-F engine or with LS parts or a SC chassis modified.

It is a complete new way of thinking and execution for the company.

This is a "FOREVER" car. We will never forget when this car debuted (well some of us). This is a Poster car. This is a new Lexus icon.

My goodness I see the same people crying about how silly the HS 250h is now crying how silly the LFA is.

What gives?
Old 10-21-09, 11:08 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by RXSF
if they can get their hands on one
Hahaha. They probably will. Wasn't there an episode once they had to borrow a car from someone?
Old 10-21-09, 11:09 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by k3vo
I'm surprised no one has comparo'd it against the 2010 Cadillac CTS-V.

556hp @ 6100rpm. Torque: 551ft-lb @ 3800rpm 0-60: 3.9seconds

all at a mediocre base of $60,720.
I only did the comparison for cars in the same category of sorts lol

I forgot the Corvette though and I think the Saleen lol oh well.
Old 10-21-09, 11:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
My god...so much bickering and bantering.

Anyway, even if the price is exhorbitant I think the truly, long lasting effects of the LFA are yet to be seen. As we know, everything that Lexus did with this car was a "first"- the suspension, the transmission, the engine, the use of carbon fiber and aluminum, aerodynamics, etc. Toyota is a financially savvy company and I am hoping that they will seek to justify the LFA's development costs with technologies that trickle down and are adapted to other, more volume oriented cars. IS, IS F, GS, GS F, SC, SC F, and maybe even an LS F are all vehicles that could greatly benefit from one or many of the technologies pioneered here.

Yes, the price is ridiculous but what does it really matter? For everyone but Dave this car isn't even on the radar. We know they will sell all 500 with no problem. CF usage for lighter weight, a V10 engine, single clutch automated transmissions...those are things that we can really get excited about because hopefully in the next few years they will be more readily avalilable and more realistic for most of us.

Also, regardless of price I really like what this car represents. I would rather have a 3200lb car with 552hp than a 4200lb one with 620hp. Horsepower can quickly become the automotive equivalent of a ***** pump- it's one element that relies heavily on several other factors to be ultimately successful. People get caught up on that ONE number and forget to consider the rest of the spec sheet and how those numbers will affect the total package. Oh, your car has 600hp? Oh, too bad it weighs 4100lbs. Not interested.

There is something to be said for a car that is light enough to be lively and entertaining, lithe and quick, nimble and tossable, as opposed to just powerful and fast. Not to say that every sports car isn't fun to drive but some companies have let weight gain get out of control. The LFA is light and powerful, and to me that is most important. I hope that this sets a precedent for other F cars- reducing weight and upping power. If the IS F could shed 200 lbs it would be a monster. With safety equipment, luxury features, and technology cars have gotten obese almost as fast as Americans. I like this "back to basics" approach to performance even if it is expensive.
Very well said. The entire internetz have been complaining how cars are getting heavier and here is one that stayed relatively lightweight.

The new Mercedes SLS weighs 3570 lbs for example and it also is brand new and is a small exotic 2 seater.
Old 10-21-09, 11:14 AM
LexFather

Some avatars and sigs Rashoodz made!!
Originally Posted by Rashoodz

Signatures:

Old 10-21-09, 11:34 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

does anyone know where i can see detailed video of instrument cluster changing etc?
Old 10-21-09, 11:34 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Some avatars and sigs Rashoodz made!!
I updated more. :P

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)