LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 10:10 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's actually wait for the car to travel on actual roads before we go commenting on the incredible reliability it offers shall we...
Old 10-21-09, 10:14 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I think you are being a complete ****.
No, I'm not. I'm mad at the fact that I can afford this car yet won't be able to purchase one because there's people in line at the dealerships just waiting to get their hands on the handful of units that we will be getting here in Canada.
Old 10-21-09, 10:18 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
It wouldn't matter, because no one would be able to enjoy it. Those 500 units that are being built will be garage queens. There is no doubt in my mind that Lexus is going to sell every last one of these, no matter what the price, but by only making 500 units over the span of two years, it seems to me like Lexus is trying way too hard.
As opposed to the many Enzos, McLaren F1s, Zondas, and CCXs we see roaming the streets on a daily basis?
Old 10-21-09, 10:19 AM
LexFather

Precisely, because Ferrari has the pedrigree and heritage that it takes to develop a car and sell it for an astronomical price at a very low amount of units. Lexus is trying too hard on its first attempt. Like I said before, unless they release this simultaneously with a brand new SC, the LFA will be nothing more than a foggy afterthought when the SC-F is released, simply because no one could enjoy it. When you buy a Ferrari, even the cheapest trim of the F430 or even an old 348, you feel as if you are part of a long line of motorsport heritage. With the LFA, unfortunately, it's only an afterthought, because Lexus has little-to-none motorsport and sports car heritage.
Well the same thing happened in 1989. People said "oh a Lexus is from Toyota" and acted like people would ignore them. We know the landscape changed forever.

As JP said there is NEVER such a thing as TRYING TO HARD. Did Tucker try to hard? Did Enzo try to hard? Did Ford with their GT40s try to hard? Did Delorean try to hard? Did Honda and the NSX try to hard? Did Pagani try to hard? Did Kosineneegg (lol) try to hard?

etc etc
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Let's actually wait for the car to travel on actual roads before we go commenting on the incredible reliability it offers shall we...
Yeah, b/c Lexus is not world reknown for reliability. Of course that is a big selling factor. Its a Lexus, its assumed by people to be the best in quality.

No, I'm not. I'm mad at the fact that I can afford this car yet won't be able to purchase one because there's people in line at the dealerships just waiting to get their hands on the handful of units that we will be getting here in Canada.
Well I hate to break the news to you buy try to go buy a Ferrari. They are all sold. You will be told buy a used Ferrari and then as you get older, you will EARN THE PRIVILEGE of buying a NEW ONE.

That is how they try to sell their cars to people and clearly it works for them.

Look Ferrari is a brand that doesn't even acknowledge it has competition. They feel they make cars with no equals. People buy them and they still buy the competition.
Old 10-21-09, 10:20 AM
LexFather

no personal insults
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Well I personally don't see why they did NOT use the concepts rear-end. It is 100x nicer/cleaner looking!!!

Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

So do you know what they think of the price yet? Maybe you should be happy that they price it so high, so it just maybe possible some of them will drop out, & it will increase your chance of getting one
Old 10-21-09, 10:21 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

As promised... Feedback from BMW board:

Originally Posted by cwinter
First thing that came to mind when I clicked the link was "Oh man, it looks like a Nissan 370Z with a Lexus badge.

$400k? Give me a break. It has to go 0-60 in under 1 second to be worth that kind of money...

I like how it looks in the initial picture in red but the more I see of it the less I like it...
Old 10-21-09, 10:22 AM
LexFather

Well I personally don't see why they did NOT use the concepts rear-end. It is 100x nicer/cleaner looking!!!

Its called crash standards and air flow. The LFA design was changed to break the 200 MPH mark. What concept makes it to production intact?

Since you like mentioning the GT-R so much, it changed like 4 times in 7 years.
Old 10-21-09, 10:23 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't matter, because no one would be able to enjoy it. Those 500 units that are being built will be garage queens. There is no doubt in my mind that Lexus is going to sell every last one of these, no matter what the price, but by only making 500 units over the span of two years, it seems to me like Lexus is trying way too hard.
Just about the first thing you learn in PR or Advertising is exclusivity is king. So making 500 cars over two years is them following a golden rule. People will chatter, there will be press, reviews and Lexus will use it in multiple marketing opportunities just like MB did with the AMG and BMW does with the M.

As long as the product truly exists they will make enormous gains with it. And what better way to do than with a 400k supercar? If you want to create press over everyone else you do not come out with a Luxury Supra at $120,000.

I already said I would not spend the 400k on it, but we are all doing exactly what they wanted us to do, talk about the THE 400k Japanese Supercar.

Now we have to wait and see if they can back it up with the numbers and quality, if they do, it’s a success.
Old 10-21-09, 10:25 AM
k3vo
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
B/C people are not silly? Why not compared it to a chipped EVO or a single turbo Supra?

I'm sure if this car had Ferrari badges, all would be well in the world.
Sorry, Sick, but I think you missed my ""
Old 10-21-09, 10:28 AM
LexFather

As promised... Feedback from BMW board:
Thats a great please for unbiased info! To think BMW doesn't have a car to compete in this segment but Lexus does. Amazing!

A lot of people on every forum (including this one) think the price is nuts. No big deal.
Originally Posted by k3vo
Sorry, Sick, but I think you missed my ""
My bad dude. Damn sugar
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
It is included in the limited 500 unit production.
People dont realize how low the production number is - they will have no problems selling this at all. With numbers so low, there is not enough cars for dealer owners themselves, let alone for the customers :-).

I would guess to get on the list for this car, even in this economy, you would have to be loyal owner for quite a while.
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

That is what it sounds like in fact. Why, for your convenience though, should Lexus make a bigger loss, trying to produce 5-10x the amount?

Look at the bigger picture. I'm tingling at the prospect of their new CFRP tech making it's way to the rest of the F line. I want to learn more about it. I tickled that this engine could make it's way into an SC F at a price of around 150k and not be so limited in numbers that I could actually buy one.

I'm amazed at the attention to detail, the overall look, the feel that almost all auto journalist are raving about. I wanna know the performance it will actually put down on the asphalt, rather than on paper.

I've been deliberating on this internally since yesterday. I feel shafted that the price is so high... I hoped to one day have both this and a RUF in my garage. I think one 300k car is ridiculous enough, much less 2. I feel deprived that so little will be made, that I will probably never get to see it in real life, much less drive or own one. I don't think Lexus messed up though. Let's see their next step before we proclaim they got it all wrong, because honestly, in context, the price is more than fair. Yes, the McLaren MP4-12 and the Ferrari 458 will be "cheaper", but 1- good luck getting any at that price, 2- good luck getting ferrari to sell you a new car and finally, good luck getting the mp4-12 to be anywhere near as good as the F1.

That is all.
Old 10-21-09, 10:31 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I applaud them for trying. but seriously i thought $200k was a lot for this..

anyway as far as design, i really don't mind it. it's different and it's definitely Japanese.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)