LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 05:17 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Most of us will never see one, let alone own one. That's definitely ****ty, considering I can take the next plane to Toronto and buy a brand new Ferrari, for less, and have it delivered to my front door within the next 24 hours.
The same can be said about many other limited-production supercars. So by your logic they all become ****ty because you can't buy one.
Old 10-20-09, 05:21 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Mister Two
The same can be said about many other limited-production supercars. So by your logic they all become ****ty because you can't buy one.
I can afford it but it's the availability, or lack thereof, that is bugging me. I can probably get a new F430 Scuderia for much, much less.
Old 10-20-09, 05:22 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

I can afford it but it's the availability, or lack thereof, that is bugging me.
Exactly my point about many other limited-production supercars, such as Enzo, Zonda, etc. I didn't mean affordability in my last post.
Old 10-20-09, 05:26 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Exactly my point about many other limited-production supercars, such as Enzo, Zonda, etc.
Last time I checked, the 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque was going for $1.5 million, and it's still just an AMG-sourced engine. The Enzo are worth about that much right now. Apples to oranges.
Old 10-20-09, 05:26 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

those pics= jizz in my pants
Old 10-20-09, 05:28 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

kinda reminds me of Darth Vader.
Old 10-20-09, 05:31 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Last time I checked, the 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque was going for $1.5 million, and it's still just an AMG-sourced engine. The Enzo are worth about that much right now. Apples to oranges.
Well if the LF-A can hang with those cars in overall performance but costs only a fraction of their prices, doesn't that make the LF-A deal that much sweeter? Then of course, the Enzo and Zonda are even more limited in production numbers than the LF-A, so the premium is justified.
Old 10-20-09, 05:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I like the interior I want to see more angles before I comment on the exterior, but yes I prefer the butt of the LF-A II concept.
The rims don't look too good to me ...
Old 10-20-09, 05:37 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Well if the LF-A can hang with those cars in overall performance but costs only a fraction of their prices, doesn't that make the LF-A deal that much sweeter? Then of course, the Enzo and Zonda are even more limited in production numbers than the LF-A, so the premium is justified.
No, and probably simply because of the badge. I mean, you can put a twin-turbo W16 in a Dodge Challenger, that will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, and sell it for $300,000... but it's still no Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda or Ferrari Enzo. Lexus does not have enough heritage with high-performance sports car to make a limited-production car like this and sell it for $350k... it's completely redundant. It's cheap and not a lot are being made. It does not make any sense. I suppose we'll know more in a few hours, but Lexus limiting the production of these things to 500 or so is not even slightly logical. You'd think they'd want to make a GT-R and R8 killer for their first high-performance car and actually compete, but instead they're making this limited production thing which about 99.9% will end up being garage queens.
Old 10-20-09, 05:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the spec is looking interesting so far. i don't care about top speed, not like i am going to do those kind of speed anyway. the engine config is another very high rev design, so the hp and tq numbers might not look as impressive. but i want to see the track numbers and that will be a good indication on how it compares with other cars. i kind of like the 6 speed design, i was pretty afraid that they still keep the 8 speed

most importantly i think is the weight. 3200lb, that's pretty darn light compared to a lot of other super cars out there, that might give it some advantages
Old 10-20-09, 05:42 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

No, and probably simply because of the badge. I mean, you can put a twin-turbo W16 in a Dodge Challenger, that will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, and sell it for $300,000... but it's still no Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda or Ferrari Enzo. Lexus does not have enough heritage with high-performance sports car to make a limited-production car like this and sell it for $350k... it's completely redundant. It's cheap and not a lot are being made. It does not make any sense.
I don't see how the LF-A is cheap in any way, as we all know that Lexus will be selling each example at a significant loss. I guess Lexus just wants to make a statement with the car. Like it or not the 500 cars will be sold out, so it really doesn't matter if the car has the right badge.
Old 10-20-09, 05:44 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

blah the video is down
Old 10-20-09, 05:45 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I don't see how the LF-A is cheap in any way, as we all know that Lexus will be selling each example at a significant loss. I guess Lexus just wants to make a statement with the car. Like it or not the 500 cars will be sold out, so it really doesn't matter if the car has the right badge.
When did I say it was cheap? The LFA is a brilliant car, but the marketing it is going to receive is absolutely hideous.
Old 10-20-09, 05:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But based on the prelim specs, it can't. It can't even hang with the second cheapest Ferrari.
Old 10-20-09, 05:48 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, and probably simply because of the badge. I mean, you can put a twin-turbo W16 in a Dodge Challenger, that will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, and sell it for $300,000... but it's still no Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda or Ferrari Enzo. Lexus does not have enough heritage with high-performance sports car to make a limited-production car like this and sell it for $350k... it's completely redundant. It's cheap and not a lot are being made. It does not make any sense. I suppose we'll know more in a few hours, but Lexus limiting the production of these things to 500 or so is not even slightly logical. You'd think they'd want to make a GT-R and R8 killer for their first high-performance car and actually compete, but instead they're making this limited production thing which about 99.9% will end up being garage queens.
You said it here.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)