LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 12:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
It does not matter whether it was officially sold or how many were sold, that was not the point. Someone said Nissan never built a 350K+ exotic supercar which was wrong. Nissan did build a high performance million dollar exotic supercar and it was street legal. One is in a Nissan museum/warehouse, the other one I am not sure about but most likely it was bought by someone. Many special road versions of Le Mans competitors are built to comply with Le Mans rules like Porsche GT1s and Mercedes CLK GTRs among others, they were still built, sold, and driven on the street despite extremely low numbers.
You came in the old LFA thread beating it up and loving the NSX. Now you come in the new LFA thread to talk about some car that was never sold from Nissan. Then you speculate "oh it was surely bought by someone"?

What is your issue with the LFA? You came in here to nitpick what one person said about Nissan and then find some odd way to try to prove your point posting a car not sold?

The R390 is a fantastic vehicle. It is irrelevant to this thread.

I bet if this was the new NSX, your post would be different. Its not coming, its canceled. Sorry.
Old 10-21-09, 01:26 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The interior of the LF-A is very disappointing. Almost 400K and you dont even get a cup holder
Old 10-21-09, 01:42 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I actually love the interior. It's my favorite part of the car. It feels like home, plus it's raw enough to to be an exotic sports car. Exterior needs to grow on me, but then again why would it. I wouldn't never be able to buy one.
Old 10-21-09, 01:50 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

889speedshop Offering First Tuned Lexus LFA

The Lexus LFA debuted approximately 12 hours ago and already German tuner 889speedshop is offering renderings detailing their plans for the first tuned version of the new LFA.

889speedshop will be adding their well-known touch to the Lexus LFA 889, making the already exclusive supercar even more-so. With a planned production run of just five cars, the LFA 889 will include the addition of an even lighter carbon-fiber hood and fender skins with an additional duct just ahead of the door. The front fascia has been revised for a more aggressive appearance and higher flow ducting for the front brakes. Out back a carbon fiber splitter will be added and the variable spoiler will be replaced with a fixed carbon fiber unit. Wheels will be also be quite exotic, featuring hollow core spokes beneath the even blacker finish.

Tuning will be kept subtle, with a freer-flowing titanium exhaust system and intake and a light ECU reprogram good for a planned 20 HP bump. Most importantly is the cost, which is expected to add $65,000 to the LFA's $400,000 price tag.

If you believed any of this you're not gullible, you've just been conditioned to expect this kind of thing from shops that love putting out renders of cars before they get them.

However, if you get your hands on an LFA and have an extra $65,000 sitting around, our graphics team can probably make this happen in real life and not just in their awesome renders.
*source
http://jalopnik.com/5386771/889speed...uned-lexus-lfa

Seems like tuners want to get there hands on it ASAP! I'd love to see what Edo Competition or Novitec would do to one
Old 10-21-09, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
The interior of the LF-A is very disappointing. Almost 400K and you dont even get a cup holder
do you actually know that for a fact or you just don't know but guess?

and if i see another cat picture from you...
Old 10-21-09, 02:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Seize

*source
http://jalopnik.com/5386771/889speed...uned-lexus-lfa

Seems like tuners want to get there hands on it ASAP! I'd love to see what Edo Competition or Novitec would do to one
Damn that was quick lol
Old 10-21-09, 02:01 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
do you actually know that for a fact or you just don't know but guess?

and if i see another cat picture from you...

I was just kidding you know.
Old 10-21-09, 02:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Och

I was just kidding you know.
oops, sorry, a lot of people with negative attacks on the car and i need more coffee
Old 10-21-09, 02:16 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

My thoughts on the LFA.

It is a big achievement for Toyota and they at least built one and will sell it and did not give up on it(shame on you Acura).

I like the overall shape of this car, it looks great from some of the side shots I have seen. Unfortunately the front end treatment just does not look very good especially those two large side openings. The headlights are the worst design feature and make it look odd when looking directly at it. I was hoping for the low swoopy front end and nice headlight treatment like in the concepts. The car looks much better in that matte black color and it reminded me of the last Supra turbo from some angles. The interior is very nice but does not blow me away, not a fan of the red leather. Overall the design looks great from some angles but falls apart from the front end views. It certainly does not looks like a 150+ car to me but I never saw it, considered it, or wanted it to be over 150K.

As far as the performance specs go, yes they are pretty disappointing especially when you consider its insane price but they are just factory provided numbers and someone or some magazine will most likely get better numbers. I am sure Toyota is being a little conservative with the performance numbers because for what they are asking, all the build up, and its competition it needs to perform better.

After reading that motortrend review it did not leave me with a bunch of confidence. They did not seem to really like it. They seemed to say it rides too hard and could be bothersome and get old like the IS-F, the DSG units in other cars shift much better then the LFA transmission, chassis feels nervy at the limit, driving feels "distant" and feels like a "digital car". I hope they got the steering right but some reviews say it is not as communicative, precise, and weighted as it should be.

Then we get to the price and availability. Like what many say it is way overpriced and way too expensive especially considering the looks, specs, its a Lexus not a Ferrari or Bugatti, and performance numbers if they are correct. I was hoping to be wrong about the pricing and it would be around 150-200K. I was expecting 350K to be the highest of the estimates and at that price it is insanely overpriced yet it is going to cost a ridiculous 375K. Unfortunately people are saying it is way overpriced and that is going to be its biggest blatant fault and negative. If it was 130-150K nobody would be complaining about the price as it performs very well at that price and would seem amazing but now it is lumped in with really really expensive performance cars that are expected to be dynamite performers and break records.

It would have been much better for Toyota to price the LFA around 150K and up the production number to 3000 or so. It would have done more for the brand, been a much bigger deal, and it would be more positively received, and not have been such a disproportionally large leap over their normal sub 50K best selling models or even their most expensive model at around 100K. Given its specs and looks it would not really seem overpriced and get criticized for being too expensive at 150K. How is something so overpriced and so rare going to raise much awareness or interest in sub 100K Lexus models aside from people on CL and hardcore Lexus enthusiasts? At 150K collectors as well as many more enthusiasts would have access to them and they would be seen much more on the streets, they would not be just garage queens bought and sold hopefully for a profit by collectors at auctions which is what it will be at those prices and rarity.

Still the LFA is an amazing sports car and a welcomed addition to the Lexus lineup and automotive world and those Lexus performance numbers could just be conservative and it will perform better. I am looking forward to reading reviews of it and see comparisons and hope I may actually get lucky and be able to see one at a dealership or on the road.
Old 10-21-09, 02:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oops, sorry, a lot of people with negative attacks on the car and i need more coffee

coffee? at 2PM in the afternoon?

So considering the specs, price, weight, etc, what are the new main rivals of the LFA? Supposedly it's suppose to rank within the Enzo, Zonda (?), etc, but those cars cost more, have different engines (and configuration), weigh less for the most part, plus they are OLD. I find it hard to believe Lexus were chasing the SLR, CGT, and those other cars. It'd be like Hyundai saying "Ah ha! Our new 2011 sedan outperforms an 03 Lexus GS430!"

So what is it now? Upcoming 458 Italia or McLaren?
Old 10-21-09, 02:22 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn that was quick lol
Not bad.. but they should have put the front calipers on the right side..

Also, those speed shop renderings remind me of the below one..

Joe Z
Old 10-21-09, 02:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSteg
coffee? at 2PM in the afternoon?

So considering the specs, price, weight, etc, what are the new main rivals of the LFA? Supposedly it's suppose to rank within the Enzo, Zonda (?), etc, but those cars cost more, have different engines (and configuration), weigh less for the most part, plus they are OLD. I find it hard to believe Lexus were chasing the SLR, CGT, and those other cars. It'd be like Hyundai saying "Ah ha! Our new 2011 sedan outperforms an 03 Lexus GS430!"

So what is it now? Upcoming 458 Italia or McLaren?
ever sine the talk started on the lfa, i have never considered it a serious contender with say mclaren f1, enzo, veyron, etc... i personally think those cars are way out there in their own league, both from performance and price point of view

how the lfa fares... i think if its performance is on par or better than cars in the same price range then it's a very good thing already. and if it turns out having better performance then it becomes a very impressive thing.
Old 10-21-09, 02:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i was just on lexus site configuring the car, very interesting. it's good to see that at least on this car lexus is providing sooooo many options and details that owners get to choose, even for the us spec.

actually on the exterior of the car i don't think it's that many options already, but still a good variety of interesting colors to choose from. i was hoping for maybe some special two tone setup

but interior choices, wow... the number of categories is just insane... from seat to seat back to all the trims to steering wheels to headliners and carpets. very very cool idea, i love it!

also when reading all the spec on webpage in more details, i find a few very intreresting things. the turning circle of the car is only 6.1 meters, that's very small i think? looking at the isf and it's more than 10m.

the gearing is interesting too, first gear already goes up to 51mph. i wonder if they have designed it a bit different, can they do 0-60 all in 1st gear and maybe shorten the time even more. but then again 0-60 is kind of moot point on these cars anyway, maybe it will make one less excuse for some people...

the brakes are massive. 15.4" front with 20" wheels... gosh, that carbon brake setup, i wonder how much for brakes alone...

Last edited by rominl; 10-21-09 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-21-09, 02:36 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

The LFA exceeded my expectations 10 times over. I though it was going to be an under performing rather ugly GT coupe, but this thing is pure insanity.
Old 10-21-09, 02:46 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the people that think that LEXUS will have a tough times selling this car they should not forget about the Arabian Sheiks that have money to spend on such "exclusives" because they can..... Pick up a Road and Track or C&D and am always astonished when they talk about Bentley, Lambo and Ferrari exclusives and how they are sold out even before production

People gots money!

In my personal and humble opinion for $350K, i really really really would have to think about it....i just have toooo many options MINUS the exclusivity. Nevetheless, great job Lexus!

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)