LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 10:32 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all honesty I think you're all way over your heads on this. I personally do not think that the LFA will do much good for Lexus and that's my opinion.

And 1SICKLEX, I know for a fact that I can go down to Toronto and order a new Ferrari right now. My father has owned a few over the years, and when I was in the market for a supercar my father let them know and the dealership called me and flew me down to Toronto to check out their models. I purchased the R8 because I didn't want to get rid of the IS F... otherwise I would have probably bought a new F430.
Old 10-21-09, 10:36 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I can't wait till Top Gear episode!
Old 10-21-09, 10:38 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

$375k - it's definitely creating the biggest buzz for Lexus. good or bad, people will forever talk about the price.

only time will tell if this insane price will be negative or positive for Lexus.
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
I can't wait till Top Gear episode!
if they can get their hands on one
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
In all honesty I think you're all way over your heads on this. I personally do not think that the LFA will do much good for Lexus and that's my opinion.

And 1SICKLEX, I know for a fact that I can go down to Toronto and order a new Ferrari right now. My father has owned a few over the years, and when I was in the market for a supercar my father let them know and the dealership called me and flew me down to Toronto to check out their models. I purchased the R8 because I didn't want to get rid of the IS F... otherwise I would have probably bought a new F430.
Why didn't you just go to Ferarri of Quebec located in Montreal?
Old 10-21-09, 10:39 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the LFA, unfortunately, it's only an afterthought, because Lexus has little-to-none motorsport and sports car heritage.
It's not an afterthought.

It's a sign of things to come.

I don't see why it's "unfortunate"...
Old 10-21-09, 10:42 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to think they did not do all of this for nothing, they are smarter then that. It will do them good.
Old 10-21-09, 10:42 AM
LexFather

Well after a few pages, I think we get your point and opinion.

There is a complete difference between taking home a new Ferrari and "ORDERING" one. Again, you can order and wait the 2-3 years for it.

Since your pops is a repeat customer, this does help you chances. However if you are a fresh new Ferrari owner, you will be steered to buy used and in the future the opportunity to buy a Ferrari will grow as you "PROVE" your worth and loyalty to the company.

That is how they do business.
Old 10-21-09, 10:43 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/lf-a...hotopanel..1.*

edmunds "Trust us, this V10 supercar was worth the wait"
Old 10-21-09, 10:44 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Why didn't you just go to Ferarri of Quebec located in Montreal?
Because when my father immigrated from France he established himself in Toronto. I grew up there and in Montpellier, in France, before we moved to Montreal. My father has a lot of connections at the Ferrari-Maserati of Ontario and has always bought his cars there. Most of the management are personal friends of our family. They also have a lot of new models in their inventory.
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I think hyundai should make 1000 Equus and price it 130k!
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Precisely, because Ferrari has the pedrigree and heritage that it takes to develop a car and sell it for an astronomical price at a very low amount of units. Lexus is trying too hard on its first attempt. Like I said before, unless they release this simultaneously with a brand new SC, the LFA will be nothing more than a foggy afterthought when the SC-F is released, simply because no one could enjoy it. When you buy a Ferrari, even the cheapest trim of the F430 or even an old 348, you feel as if you are part of a long line of motorsport heritage. With the LFA, unfortunately, it's only an afterthought, because Lexus has little-to-none motorsport and sports car heritage.
I disagree, but to each their own.

People said the exact same thing about the LS having "no heritage" when it first came out.

It wouldn't matter, because no one would be able to enjoy it. Those 500 units that are being built will be garage queens. There is no doubt in my mind that Lexus is going to sell every last one of these, no matter what the price, but by only making 500 units over the span of two years, it seems to me like Lexus is trying way too hard.
Wrong again. Toyota will selectively choose who gets to buy the LFA, specifically so the 500 units do not become "garage queens".

How many people have been able to "enjoy" the Enzo? Less than 500 of those were built, and many of them are garage queens. Funny thing is they almost have to be, with the major reliability problems Ferrari is known for and the outrageous cost of service or repair on any Ferrari.

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Let's actually wait for the car to travel on actual roads before we go commenting on the incredible reliability it offers shall we...
So the car has competed already twice (in near-production spec) in a 24 hour race at the Nurburgring, and you still doubt what it's reliability will be ?

No, I'm not. I'm mad at the fact that I can afford this car yet won't be able to purchase one because there's people in line at the dealerships just waiting to get their hands on the handful of units that we will be getting here in Canada.
Ah, I understand now. You're just bitter that even though you have the money, you still won't be able to buy one .

I honestly think you're wrong, but we all have an opinion right ?

You're bitter, you think the LFA will fail, we get it.

Originally Posted by J.P.
I already said I would not spend the 400k on it, but we are all doing exactly what they wanted us to do, talk about the THE 400k Japanese Supercar.
Exactly. Toyota must be loving all the talk (whether it's good or bad) about the LFA right now.
Old 10-21-09, 10:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

It wouldn't matter, because no one would be able to enjoy it. Those 500 units that are being built will be garage queens. There is no doubt in my mind that Lexus is going to sell every last one of these, no matter what the price, but by only making 500 units over the span of two years, it seems to me like Lexus is trying way too hard.
see, that actually MATTERS. a lot of people own exotics and they are all garage queen anyway. unfortunately, even for those exotics being run so little, they still have problems left and right

not to mention your r8, how many problems have we seen you posted already? ah, i have a lot more confident in the lfa running without those issues

but yeah, i am sure we all understand you don't think the car makes sense. that's ok, just like every other car out there, never a 100% positive hit. but we can definitely revisit this topic again in another 5-8 yrs and see how the lfa has helped lexus, or not
Old 10-21-09, 10:46 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think this is a nice try by Lexus. I know it better be kicking some serious butt for the asking price. Just barely beating the GT-R isn’t going to be enough. People stop with the reliability crap, I doubt anyone purchase a supercar because it’s reliable. I know Mercedes AMG cars are not the most reliable cars and I would purchase one in a hot second. Why! Because the beast has over 500hp.
I’m not too fond of the body style, a mid engine car would have shock the world.
But at least Lexus is saying step up or stop talking.

Last edited by rogers2; 10-21-09 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-21-09, 10:47 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well after a few pages, I think we get your point and opinion.

There is a complete difference between taking home a new Ferrari and "ORDERING" one. Again, you can order and wait the 2-3 years for it.

Since your pops is a repeat customer, this does help you chances. However if you are a fresh new Ferrari owner, you will be steered to buy used and in the future the opportunity to buy a Ferrari will grow as you "PROVE" your worth and loyalty to the company.

That is how they do business.
ETA was 6 and a half months, nowhere near the 2-3 years you are claiming.

And the problems I have had with my R8 were common in German cars. It is nothing specific to supercardom. And we still do not know how reliable the LFA will be.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)