LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 11:09 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Since its a "Lexus" its a problem. Well guess what, it was a problem in
1989 with the LS
1992 with the ES/SC
1997 with the LX
1998 with the GS
1999 with the RX
2001 with the IS
2002 with the SC
2006 with the IS/GS/LS
2007 with the ES
2008 with the IS-F
2009 with the HS/RX
2011/2012 with the LF-A

you really are stuck in the past aren't you?

some of the cars on the list were a success out the gate....and they also lead at #1 in comparos....the last Lexus to win a comparo was the LS430 in 2005....I can't see the LF-A winning any comparison test. The problem with LFA are that the numbers are not incredible...they are par with cars like the R8 v10 that cost half as much
Old 10-20-09, 11:09 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

According to the Lexus LFA official website, the car has a 12-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound System. And we wonder why the car weighs that much...it has to carry all that luxury stuff and 8-way electric seats and seatbelt airbags!! I don't see any other supercar offer such level of amenities. It would be nice if a stripped version can be had for track use though.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-20-09 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-20-09, 11:12 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

If it's true there will be two versions, then maybe the track version will have less luxury amenities, lower in weight and faster ??
Old 10-20-09, 11:12 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pagemaster
the last Lexus to win a comparo was the LS430 in 2005
False.

The last Lexus to win a comparo was the IS350 in 01/2007 R&T.

I can see the LFA win a comparo, just not a landslide...
Old 10-20-09, 11:14 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

so when's the LFA section of the forum gonna open up?
Old 10-20-09, 11:15 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ffpowerLN
False.

The last Lexus to win a comparo was the IS350 in 01/2007 R&T.

I can see the LFA win a comparo, just not a landslide...
sorry, I don't read R and T...I was refereing to Edmunds, MT, TT, CandD, and CR....but thanks for the R and T info
Old 10-20-09, 11:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
so when's the LFA section of the forum gonna open up?
It's still more than a year from going to production
Old 10-20-09, 11:19 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

To be honest, for $400k, I am expecting Lexus to come out with a car that'll beat them all, 500 units or not.

At $200k I'll call the LFA the best thing since sliced bread.
Lets remember that LFA is much much different from many others. When you're talking about super cars such as LFA, its silly to look at 0-60 numbers alone.

With a good driver... no, with an extraordinary good driver, a lightweight, high revving, RWD car has the capability to "beat them all" around a twisty race track. Clearly this is what Lexus was aiming for.

Of course, for drag racing on the street you're much better off with a torque monster such as the GTR... and quite frankly, if you're an average driver, you're better off with the GTR around a track as well, let the AWD and torque transferring system do its magic.

I personally find LFA nothing short of amazing. For a track oriented car to be able to run 0-60 in 3.7 seconds is simply incredible.
Old 10-20-09, 11:24 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
It's still more than a year from going to production
but it is on the Lexus.com website next to the IS-F and you can select build and price (not sure if actually can yet)
Old 10-20-09, 11:30 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
I personally find LFA nothing short of amazing. For a track oriented car to be able to run 0-60 in 3.7 seconds is simply incredible.
Remember the McLaren F1? Carrera GT? Corvette ZR-1 (yeah, I know this is not an exotic super car but still...)? Come on, let's stop kid ourselves that 0-60 in 3.6s is something amazing in this day and age.

Yes, talking about the couple tenth difference in 0-60 is silly. Yes, the LFA stacks up very well with other super cars and Yes, I will reserve my final judgment until I see the full test result. However, for Lexus to charge $400k (same price range as all other well established exotic manufactures) on something that not truly extraordinary is just something I couldn't understand.

Like I've said, this car will be the best thing since sliced bread if they priced it around $200k.

However, Lexus is very smart on just building 500 units, because this way they won't have to deal with the "Does this car really worth the price" type of questions.
Old 10-20-09, 11:35 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Remember the McLaren F1? Carrera GT? Corvette ZR-1 (yeah, I know this is not an exotic super car but still...)? Come on, let's stop kid ourselves that 0-60 in 3.6s is something amazing in this day and age.

Yes, talking about the couple tenth difference in 0-60 is silly. Yes, the LFA stacks up very well with other super cars and Yes, I will reserve my final judgment until I see the full test result. However, for Lexus to charge $400k (same price range as all other well established exotic manufactures) on something that not truly extraordinary is just something I couldn't understand.

Like I've said, this car will be the best thing since sliced bread if they priced it around $200k.

However, Lexus is very smart on just building 500 units, because this way they won't have to deal with the "Does this car really worth the price" type of questions.

agreed but it should be mentioned that TOYOTA has admitted it will lose money on every one produced.
Old 10-20-09, 11:39 PM
LexFather

you really are stuck in the past aren't you?

some of the cars on the list were a success out the gate....and they also lead at #1 in comparos....the last Lexus to win a comparo was the LS430 in 2005....I can't see the LF-A winning any comparison test. The problem with LFA are that the numbers are not incredible...they are par with cars like the R8 v10 that cost half as much
so wait the Germans Italians etc can use heritage and the past but not Lexus? No u don't read much and I doubt anyone reads as much auto/Lexus info as I do.
Oh the IS-F "won" a comparo against all it's M3/C63/RS4 competition on Top Gear magazine amazingly.

The ls won world car of the year

It doesn't matter how it does in comparos only 20 hand built cars will b made. We have to get out the mag racer and entry level mentality with this car.

EVERYTHING is different. Period
Old 10-20-09, 11:39 PM
Essence
Driver School Candidate

Mechanicaly the GT-R seems more sophisticated..however it does not have the luxury of using so much exotic materials because it had to sell for 80k.

Now here is where this LF-A will shine: Durability .. It was clearly designed to be durable and fun at the track (light weight, heat resistant titanium, CF everywhere, no turbo's, no awd). I am not sure we can say the same about GT-Rs, Ferraris and other exotics.
Old 10-20-09, 11:42 PM
LexFather

agreed but it should be mentioned that TOYOTA has admitted it will lose money on every one produced.
What is ur issue? Every review state it will lose money. The mclaren did the nsx did the bugatti is.

It's a Lexus. Not a Toyota. Lexus will speak to it. Toyota will speak to the ae86 coming soon
Old 10-20-09, 11:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

To me it looks like Nissan has engineered a better car, but I do like the Lexus....don't get me wrong
the gt-r is technically very impressive, especially for the money.

but i personally think it's pretty ugly, particularly the front.
it's also a twin turbo v6 vs. a screaming v10 - no contest.
it's mostly steel, i think, vs. the big chunks of structural, not just decorative, carbon fiber in the lfa.

now is the lfa worth the money? IMO, no. but is the lfa remotely comparable to the gt-r? hell to the no.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)