LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-10, 06:16 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^ sounds like 76 lb-ft torque spec on the lug bolts!

Just kidding, it is not possible to tell that from just the sounds. But since every Lexus have 76 lb-ft torque spec on the lug nuts, it is likely the same for the LFA
Old 12-05-10, 07:31 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Is there any information on if the dealers (that supposedly purchased) are planning to hold onto the LFA for marketing purposes or trying to flip it for a higher price?
Old 12-05-10, 10:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Is there any information on if the dealers (that supposedly purchased) are planning to hold onto the LFA for marketing purposes or trying to flip it for a higher price?
nop. but dealerships that are getting the car, they are required to hold the car for 2 yrs as well. just like any other owners
Old 12-05-10, 04:20 PM
LexFather

Is it just me or I would like to see the LFA with black pearl emblems?
Old 12-05-10, 07:58 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Is it just me or I would like to see the LFA with black pearl emblems?
Not just you, I agreed a sporty Lexus looks proper with black pearl emblems.

Being a LFA though, the black pearl emblems option would be $5000
Old 12-05-10, 11:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I think my frustration now that LFA is going into production is with how Lexus has consistenly refused to create buzz words about LFA's real life prowess especially in the final production form.

They have been so tight lipped about where their official testing results stand that it is not even funny. These buzz words are what truly establish the performance rapport of an exotic car or Lexus' halo car. It truly show cases the capabilities as a supercar.

Technically, they should have done a full Nurburgring lap test to show what their test drivers are achieving, a few 0 - 60 mph tests with launch control system etc. yet, now in december still no word on whether it will happen.

After seeing Nissan's new video of it conducting 0 - 60 mph test on the GTR and hitting 0 - 60 mph in 3 seconds flat, my frustration revived anew.
Old 12-05-10, 11:30 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Not just you, I agreed a sporty Lexus looks proper with black pearl emblems.

Being a LFA though, the black pearl emblems option would be $5000
The options for the LFA are actually quite inexpensive when compared to other supercars even of lesser MSRPs, and that's not even factoring that many features that are options on other supercars are standard and most "options" on the LFA, such as the nav/enform/premium sound are no-cost options anyway. Compare to the 458, where a nav and premium sound will cost almost 9k.

That said, I don't know if a black pearl option is available... I could ask.
Old 12-06-10, 09:11 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I think my frustration now that LFA is going into production is with how Lexus has consistenly refused to create buzz words about LFA's real life prowess especially in the final production form.

They have been so tight lipped about where their official testing results stand that it is not even funny. These buzz words are what truly establish the performance rapport of an exotic car or Lexus' halo car. It truly show cases the capabilities as a supercar.

Technically, they should have done a full Nurburgring lap test to show what their test drivers are achieving, a few 0 - 60 mph tests with launch control system etc. yet, now in december still no word on whether it will happen.

After seeing Nissan's new video of it conducting 0 - 60 mph test on the GTR and hitting 0 - 60 mph in 3 seconds flat, my frustration revived anew.
Toyota is the conservative type that are not into bragging.

Nissan is the aggressive type trouble maker, picking on Porsche and all. Their cars all have huge wheels and loud exhaust .....aka Z, G35....etc. They like to brag.

That explain why Toyota don't want to talk about the LFA and Nissan posts videos like crazy. It took Toyota 5 years to finally decide to put the LFA into production, they barely want to make it at all, let alone brag about it.

The LFA was Akio's hobby/fun project, is not a money maker. I would imagine Toyota management is not happy about making the car. So yeah they don't want to talk about it.

Toyota didn't even make a single sports car for like 8 years, they just want to make Camry and Corolla for profit.
Old 12-06-10, 09:15 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gengar
The options for the LFA are actually quite inexpensive when compared to other supercars even of lesser MSRPs, and that's not even factoring that many features that are options on other supercars are standard and most "options" on the LFA, such as the nav/enform/premium sound are no-cost options anyway. Compare to the 458, where a nav and premium sound will cost almost 9k.

That said, I don't know if a black pearl option is available... I could ask.
I was just kidding

The LFA is $100k more then a fully loaded 458, I sure hope it comes with everything

It is just following tradition, where the European's cars are all a la carte, low entry price that comes with nothing with very expensive options. The Japanese are like combo meals, higher base price but comes with everything.
Old 12-06-10, 11:19 AM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree completely. It is frustrating because only people who follow cars truly know what the LFA is capable of. The general public doesn't know that the LFA is faster than the GTR, ZR1, Gallardo, etc around the Nurburgring. They need the numbers. Sure, the "Perfect Pitch" commercial was scientific and interesting, but it barely scratched the surface in showcasing the LFA's abilities. That commercial did nothing for the image of the LFA. People at least know Lexus has developed a supercar but what can it do? Lexus should have done a commercial with the LFA at the track.
Old 12-06-10, 03:01 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus/Toyota isnt worried about 500 cars being faster than anything else at the ring. They didn't make the car to compete with Ring times. And it wasn't an on/off again project. It was always on. They just had to wait because of the financial situation, and because they made it's chassis from their OWN carbon fiber instead of Aluminum or someone else's carbon.
Old 12-07-10, 07:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, that definitely will kill enthusiasm for this car in many enthusiast minds since you could claim all kinds of great technology, feel, sound etc., but the true measure in such a high performing car where it walks the talk are how it stacks up with the rest of the competition. It's like that is the end result and yardstick in a "high performing fast supercar".

That is where Lexus needs to take charge and walk the talk here by proving what the real world performance numbers are since that is the norm for any supercar and Lexus LFA should be no different.

Without it, it would be like this great fighter jet that has all the state of the art technology and claims to go very fast, but no one knows how well the fighter can fight versus other jets.

Originally Posted by TF109B
Lexus/Toyota isnt worried about 500 cars being faster than anything else at the ring. They didn't make the car to compete with Ring times. And it wasn't an on/off again project. It was always on. They just had to wait because of the financial situation, and because they made it's chassis from their OWN carbon fiber instead of Aluminum or someone else's carbon.
Old 12-07-10, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Well, that definitely will kill enthusiasm for this car in many enthusiast minds since you could claim all kinds of great technology, feel, sound etc., but the true measure in such a high performing car where it walks the talk are how it stacks up with the rest of the competition. It's like that is the end result and yardstick in a "high performing fast supercar".

That is where Lexus needs to take charge and walk the talk here by proving what the real world performance numbers are since that is the norm for any supercar and Lexus LFA should be no different.

Without it, it would be like this great fighter jet that has all the state of the art technology and claims to go very fast, but no one knows how well the fighter can fight versus other jets.
you put it very well. for the longest time, us enthusiasts we try so hard in saying 0-60 and 1/4 mile doesn't mean much when talking about cars like these, but take a look at what most people bring up.

it's one thing to have great engineering, however if there are nothing to really show the results, then isn't it just all talk in the end? from 10,000 ft above, it's not that different from honda saying they can make the next nsx and how good how good it is, etc... except that lexus has a real lfa (which is fantastic btw) but they need to show numbers if they want to achieve successful marketing
Old 12-07-10, 09:20 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not even out yet. All the cars tested so far are pre-production models. Lamborghini and Ferrari haven't set any nurburgring records. Is that hurting them? They don't have the fastest cars in the world either, nor around a track. What makes them special is that they've been around so long. Toyota has been around a while itself, but not in the supercar realm. But the LFA doesn't need to brag, especially if all of them are sold. They did what they wanted to, and now the rest of the lineup should be helped out with the technology learned with LFA, carbon fiber, etc. I think it'd be great for them to tell us official lap times, but then again, what is official if the car isn't even being produced until next year?
Old 12-08-10, 07:28 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Ferrari always releases real world performance numbers including track numbers for their flagship halo cars. They did that with the Enzo Ferrari (7:26) and also did that with the 599 GTO (7:18). So does Porsche with the Carrera GT (7:29) and the new GT2 RS (7:18).

Originally Posted by TF109B
It's not even out yet. All the cars tested so far are pre-production models. Lamborghini and Ferrari haven't set any nurburgring records. Is that hurting them? They don't have the fastest cars in the world either, nor around a track. What makes them special is that they've been around so long. Toyota has been around a while itself, but not in the supercar realm. But the LFA doesn't need to brag, especially if all of them are sold. They did what they wanted to, and now the rest of the lineup should be helped out with the technology learned with LFA, carbon fiber, etc. I think it'd be great for them to tell us official lap times, but then again, what is official if the car isn't even being produced until next year?

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)