LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Seriously, for someone who has the money to afford LFA, its probably not a problem to come up with another 90k and get the GTR as well.
actually to be exact, those who really have money for the lfa, they probably have no problem for another ferrari or lambo.
Old 10-20-09, 10:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ffpowerLN

That is it, the current specs are well within and a head of the pack when comparing to the current super cars but they are just not "crazy", that's all.
Sure not crazy for all, but this is CRAZY for Lexus.
Old 10-20-09, 10:52 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
65% of the engine is Titanium. Its Carbon Fiber/Aluminum. It makes 114hp per liter...It weighs 3200 lbs.
So when a guy in a faster car pulls out from the light ahead of the LFA...I am sure the LFA driver will be yelling "but I have 65% Titanium engine..."
Old 10-20-09, 10:53 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Come to think of it, this car is definitely an automotive technological marvel, but it's just a bit of a bummer that all those incredible achievements and technologies didn't translate into "crazy" performance specs.
kind of like the IS-F. On paper, it looks very good (and is a very good car in person) but with more power and torque than the M3, you would expect it to be faster.
Old 10-20-09, 10:53 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Sure not crazy for all, but this is CRAZY for Lexus.
A Corvette Z06 or Porsche 911 turbo would be "crazy" for Lexus as well... Come on man, we gotta set the bar higher...

Old 10-20-09, 10:54 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
So when a guy in a faster car pulls out from the light ahead of the LFA...I sure the LFA driver will be yelling "but I have 65% Titanium engine..."
Id like to know what the chances are that someone will pull up in a faster car next to the LFA. its not like we see bugattis on a regularly basis.

And on top of that, human error and reflexes are going to change the aceleration times so that LFA versus competition will be irrelevant in a drag race
Old 10-20-09, 10:55 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Come to think of it, this car is definitely an automotive technological marvel, but it's just a bit of a bummer that all those incredible achievements and technologies didn't translate into "crazy" performance specs.
Yes it is an incredible car....but I too was expecting better performance numbers
Old 10-20-09, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

You forgot to mention 65% of the car are Carbon Fiber...

That is it, the current specs are well within and a head of the pack when comparing to the current super cars but they are just not "crazy", that's all.
actually, this can be a real good time to revisit this philosophy or pure power "war" and go back to the true origin of performance -- weight. mb and bmw have said for a while about not going after power war and focus on weight and other means of performance. in that sense, looking at the lfa numbers, weight, use of cf, alloys, wheels, brakes, etc... together with a relatively "small" displacement v10 (only 4.8), those are pretty "new" in some sense.

a lot of us are more of less blinded with the whole power number war already. saying anything less than 600 is nothing now. i don't think it makes much sense anymore
Old 10-20-09, 10:57 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
Id like to know what the chances are that someone will pull up in a faster car next to the LFA. its not like we see bugattis on a regularly basis.

And on top of that, human error and reflexes are going to change the aceleration times so that LFA versus competition will be irrelevant in a drag race
I see them all the time with my work...not at the lights but in the parking lots at the events I go to....usually everyone leaves at the same time so these types of cars are leaving together one after another.
Old 10-20-09, 10:58 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So when a guy in a faster car pulls out from the light ahead of the LFA...I am sure the LFA driver will be yelling "but I have 65% Titanium engine..."
If one is lucky enough to meet these three conditions

1) Be able to afford the LFA

2) Be lucky enough to be able to get one of the 500 that will be built

3) Be lucky enough to line up with a faster car at a light

That person is gonna have a race thats going to be the fun of his life, and possible crash himself to death while giggling like a 2 year old.
Old 10-20-09, 10:58 PM
LexFather

You forgot to mention 65% of the car are Carbon Fiber...

What could be? The only car that has really just changed what we thought performance was is a 1.3 million dollar Bugatti. Outside of that the SLR, CGT, Enzo, Murchialago etc all fought one another toe for toe and all are seconds at the Ring with a professional driver within one another.

I said from the start I didn't expect some performance marvel. It seems thus far to be very competitive in first reviews and it seems to have a feel.

Its probably mind blowing for reviewers who think of Lexus that think ES 350 or RX 350 to be driving this.

To me its like the badge is an issue. People just can't believe it and some don't want to accept it. If it was a Ferrari, Porsche, even a NSX or GT-R, it would be lauded by everyone.

Since its a "Lexus" its a problem. Well guess what, it was a problem in
1989 with the LS
1992 with the ES/SC
1997 with the LX
1998 with the GS
1999 with the RX
2001 with the IS
2002 with the SC
2006 with the IS/GS/LS
2007 with the ES
2008 with the IS-F
2009 with the HS/RX
2011/2012 with the LF-A

Lexus goes places where its told it will fail and they don't. Sometimes they don't do as well the first time but knock it out the 2nd time.

In this case, this seems like a grand slam from the start.
Old 10-20-09, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you think this is fast and furious? i get taunted by civics so often, like i ever give a damn about them

Originally Posted by RXSF
kind of like the IS-F. On paper, it looks very good (and is a very good car in person) but with more power and torque than the M3, you would expect it to be faster.
ding ding ding! see, that's what i have been trying to say. on paper, the isf is wow. more hp, a lot more tq, it has to be a lot faster! really? no... the m3 and lfa are both very high rev engines. you will have to drive it correctly to get the real power out of them
Old 10-20-09, 11:01 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
actually, this can be a real good time to revisit this philosophy or pure power "war" and go back to the true origin of performance -- weight.
Actually I have no problem with having less power, you wouldn't find me *****ing if the LFA has only 300hp but can get you the same performance specs.

I am just a bit disappointed at the 0-60 and top speed along with the IMO-way-too-much rumored sticker (~$400k). However, I would reserve my final judgment until I see the full test result.

This car will be the best thing since sliced bread if Lexus priced it around $200k.
Old 10-20-09, 11:03 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Actually I have no problem with having less power, you wouldn't find me *****ing if the LFA has only 300hp but can get you the same performance specs.

I am just a bit disappointed at the 0-60 and top speed along with the IMO-way-too-much rumored sticker (~$400k). However, I would reserve my final judgment until I see the full test result.

This car will be the best thing since sliced bread if Lexus priced it around $200k.

Disappointed at 3.7 0-60????

How many road legal RWD cars can match it?
Old 10-20-09, 11:07 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Disappointed at 3.7 0-60????

How many road legal RWD cars can match it?
To be honest, for $400k, I am expecting Lexus to come out with a car that'll beat them all, 500 units or not.

At $200k I'll call the LFA the best thing since sliced bread.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)