LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Old 10-20-09, 08:20 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have found 10 new wallpapers
Old 10-20-09, 08:25 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The look is more functional than the concept, that's not a surprise, because the car is meant to race and to work well. It's a theme we've seen throughout--from the LF-Sh grille gaining all those air vents to the LS 600h L refresh; an now from the concept LF-A to the LFA...it is more functional (all those front air intakes make for a more GT-R look IMO). Less attractive from the photos, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But I wouldn't take the 0-60 times or top speed as the final word...they weren't there for the IS-F (official 4.6; magazines had 4.4 and 4.2).

Moreover, assuming that the aerodynamics rumor being bunk means that the car was "seriously, seriously slow and deficient" is a really negative way to look at things. There could be any number of reasons why that rumor is accurate or not. The wind tunnel testing could have been simply a continued process, not anything to do with top speed; it could have been for refining air flow; it could have been for testing the rear spoiler--and any person could have heard about the test and made up a reason.
Old 10-20-09, 08:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
The other thing that I remain perplexed about is how this final shape came to be if the top speed is 202mph and the 0-60 is 3.7sec. Neither of those are particularly class leading numbers and word on the street was that the LFA II concept was scrapped because it wasn't aerodynamic enough and the performance numbers weren't up to par.

Here we have a car that is not as attractive as the LFA II and the performance numbers are not close to the rumored 218mph top speed or low 3 sec 0-60. Either that rumor was horse crap or the car was seriously, seriously slow and deficient before.

There are a lot of unanswered questions, IMO.
I believe "feel" and "character" is one of main purposes behind it. I mean you are not going to out accelerate a Bugatti nor have a higher top speed.

Isn't this the first Japanese car to break 200 MPH?

This is a Japanese FIRST on so many levels, it should be celebrated, even if it isn't exactly what ones might have "thought" should happen.

This isn't 1990. This is 2010 and everyone makes fantastic cars and the supercar market has exploded. Do we really expect to be shocked by anything?
Old 10-20-09, 08:26 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, still a full year before production even starts. Why bother showing it now? If the LFA's performance isn't already struggling to keep up with the competition now, I don't even want to know how far behind it will be in a year. This car seems to disappoint more and more.
Old 10-20-09, 08:27 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm...the estimated price is ridiculous. The car looks okay (i think the concepts looked better) but to be more expensive than McClaren and ferrari? Thats a joke. Pricing it in the 100-150k range would've made more sense to me or at the most, 200k. $400k is ultraluxury category. Sorry Lexus, but you arent there yet. Nice attempt though. Congrats on being the first Japanese car manufacturer to try

Last edited by Hypnotik; 10-20-09 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-20-09, 08:30 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

This isn't 1990. This is 2010 and everyone makes fantastic cars and the supercar market has exploded. Do we really expect to be shocked by anything?

Yes, for this estimated price range.
Old 10-20-09, 08:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I had to read it to believe it...C&D calls $350K Lexus supercar a "bargain":

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

Point made: compared to the CFRP supercars like the $500K SLR McLaren and Ferrari Enzo, it encompasses tech, performance, etc.

Motor Trend sees oppositely--jumped into the high end of a deep pool (most expensive vs. less expensive Ferraris, etc.)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

Both mags however suggest that the LFA's CFRP tech will make it into future Lexus cars.
Old 10-20-09, 08:34 PM
PsyFi
Driver School Candidate

Interior is stunning. Side profile is nice. Front is horrible
Old 10-20-09, 08:35 PM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

Hello new screen saver
Im glad they kept the LFA name.
Old 10-20-09, 08:36 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interview that was posted a few pages back does answer some of the questions, IMO. From 04-06 we had the rumors of a $125K price tag for a sports car with a V10 engine...not much else was known. 2007 comes along and we start hearing about a curb weight of less than 3300 lbs, carbon fiber and aluminum, very limited production, price of $250K+ etc. Considering this shift in principles it seems like they almost developed two different cars throughout the process.

At the end of the day I wish they had stuck with the original plan even if the car weighed 3600lbs and didn't utilize a 65% carbon fiber structure...it would be less expensive and more attainable. I think it would have done more for the brand than this LFA can do being priced so out of the atmosphere, and with such limited capacity.

The car is cool to think about, but that is really it for me.
Old 10-20-09, 08:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Still surprised by C&D's report:

The $350,000 Lexus LFA is the richer man’s Ferrari 599GTB. It’s also a bargain.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...o_heavy_page_3

The LFA is the most exciting car to come out of Japan since the GT-R, as it should be for the money Lexus is charging. But it’s more involving than the Nissan and a much more special experience. In many ways, its closest natural rival is the Ferrari 599GTB, although the Lexus is more visceral and exciting and better balanced and more nimble. At the same time, the LFA is easy to drive at everyday speeds, quiet at cruise, and refined, just like a Lexus should be. Whether people can equate the brand with a hugely expensive, hugely competent sports car will be interesting to say the least.
Old 10-20-09, 08:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Wow, still a full year before production even starts. Why bother showing it now? If the LFA's performance isn't already struggling to keep up with the competition now, I don't even want to know how far behind it will be in a year. This car seems to disappoint more and more.
This is a normal practice, everyone does it. Its being produced it can't be that much of a disappointment.

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Hmm...the estimated price is ridiculous. The car looks okay (i think the concepts looked better) but to be more expensive than McClaren and ferrari? Thats a joke. Pricing it in the 100-150k range would've made more sense to me or at the most, 200k. $400k is ultraluxury category. Sorry Lexus, but you arent there yet. Nice attempt though. Congrats on being the first Japanese car manufacturer to try
Thanks for logging in and posting your usual anti-Lexus remark. Surely if it had Nissan on it, your opinion would change.

Funny but every time Lexus is the first to hit a price point, people say "oh it will fail, its stupid, why do it" and what happens? It is well recieved and sells very well.
Old 10-20-09, 08:39 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

EPA 14/20 is very good!!
Old 10-20-09, 08:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by encore888
Still surprised by C&D's report:
Hell hath froze over if that is a C&D review.
Old 10-20-09, 08:43 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This is a normal practice, everyone does it. Its being produced it can't be that much of a disappointment.

Thanks for logging in and posting your usual anti-Lexus remark. Surely if it had Nissan on it, your opinion would change.

Funny but every time Lexus is the first to hit a price point, people say "oh it will fail, its stupid, why do it" and what happens? It is well recieved and sells very well.
Your welcome. Its my opinion so you should respect that But now that you mentioned nissan, I think the Essence CONCEPT looked way better. You are just as predictable as me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)