LFA Model (2012)

LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 10:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
I used to really like the LF-A design until I saw the Essence concept...makes the LF-A look like a little japanese space ship in comparison
If only the Essence made it into production.

However, the final production design would probably butcher the concept's "essence".

Reality kills concepts...
Old 09-17-09, 11:24 PM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

However, the final production design would probably butcher the concept's "essence".

Exactly. The essence was a nice concept with every bulge and line possible and to me seemed like a Mazda.

He's holding his breathe for a nsx lol
Old 09-17-09, 11:32 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm liking this angle a lot as well:

Having white color photos does simplify appearances a bit, as the shadows/reflections are lost. It's great how fantastic this car looks even in white. I do reluctantly agree that the concept rear end looked better, but the production one undoubtedly works better, just like the front end with its added air intakes/vents.

Those side mirrors reflect the 'sinister' forward look of the car, and complement the sides as well. I like their two tone look as well. And no side turn-signals like the trend in Lexus cars...but this is an exotic.
Old 09-17-09, 11:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Its not a bad looking car but it cant compete with its euro rivals in styling and looks. For the money I would rather buy a couple or GTRs, Ferrari , Lamborghini, or a spec V
Old 09-18-09, 12:46 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

sigh, i know. but still, the essence would have been a true timeless exotic design on par with ferrari, aston, etc. The LF-A is just a fancy rice rocket in comparison.
Old 09-18-09, 03:35 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Curves from the back of LF-A II are completely gone! They should have pushed radiator grills inside a bit to get something going on at the back.
Old 09-18-09, 04:32 AM
JessePS

There has to be a reason why they didn't keep the back like the prototype

4.8 L V10 turning out 600 hp wowza

Last edited by JessePS; 09-18-09 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 05:54 AM
JessePS

one thing its a tad off topic.... if they ever make an GS-F I hope they use a similar engine so it can take on the M5
Old 09-18-09, 07:23 AM
LexFather

sigh, i know. but still, the essence would have been a true timeless exotic design on par with ferrari, aston, etc. The LF-A is just a fancy rice rocket in comparison.
The only "sigh" are your posts here. So first the LF-A is a "lil Japanese spaceship" and now its a "Fancy rice rocket"?

A car that hasn't debuted yet is a rice rocket?
An over 500hp V-10 car is a rice rocket?
A luxurious, carbon fiber built bespoke limited production car is a rice rocket?
A maybe $200,000+ car is a rice rocket?
The most powerful, most exotic car from Japan EVER is a rice rocket?

The irony here is your favorite brands are the rice rocket brands, Honda/Acura. Please quit making disparaging remarks about the LF-A that is "bait" to Lexus owners on a Lexus site.

You are entitled to your opinion but the Essence is far from timeless, its not going to be built, so why continue to bring it up?
Old 09-18-09, 08:05 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I think this car has shaped up nicely. As I said in an earlier post it doesn't have the raw sex appeal of a Ferrari, Aston or Lambo but it does look exotic and like a serious piece of automotive weaponry.

It's low and powerful looking. At first I wasn't so sure that Lexus would be able to sell the production run at the $200K+ price but maybe they just may be able to do it. Just hope the performance lives up to the promise of all this style.

BTW, I don't like it very much in white. Has a little too much Imperial Stormtrooper vibe to it.
Old 09-18-09, 08:23 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The only "sigh" are your posts here. So first the LF-A is a "lil Japanese spaceship" and now its a "Fancy rice rocket"?

A car that hasn't debuted yet is a rice rocket?
An over 500hp V-10 car is a rice rocket?
A luxurious, carbon fiber built bespoke limited production car is a rice rocket?
A maybe $200,000+ car is a rice rocket?
The most powerful, most exotic car from Japan EVER is a rice rocket?

The irony here is your favorite brands are the rice rocket brands, Honda/Acura. Please quit making disparaging remarks about the LF-A that is "bait" to Lexus owners on a Lexus site.

You are entitled to your opinion but the Essence is far from timeless, its not going to be built, so why continue to bring it up?

just because I defend acura/honda from immature bashing doesnt mean they are my favorite brand. I think they're a respectable company but their designs look even worse than the LF-A. And yes, I think the LF-A looks like a star fighter car, hence rice rocket/space ship.

The essence is an example of a mature and elegant design of a what a true exotic should look like.

I'm not even saying I dislike the LFA design all that much, the geek in me loves that sortof japanese techie design. Reminds me of robotech.

I guess I'm saying that people that go for aston's, ferrari's, etc would probably not find the LF-A to their taste. Geek appeal is high, sex appeal low.

Last edited by leedogg; 09-18-09 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 08:28 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is a "true exotic" something like a "true sports car"?
Old 09-18-09, 08:35 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Is a "true exotic" something like a "true sports car"?
I think in this sense exotic refers to materials and structure (lightweight composite, carbon fiber), engine placement (mid engine), price ($150k+), horsepower (450hp+), styling (more concept car than street car). Of course all this is subjective. There are no established rules as to what makes a car an exotic.
Old 09-18-09, 08:52 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

just because I defend acura/honda from immature bashing doesnt mean they are my favorite brand. I think they're a respectable company but their designs look even worse than the LF-A. And yes, I think the LF-A looks like a star fighter car, hence rice rocket/space ship.

The essence is an example of a mature and elegant design of a what a true exotic should look like.

I'm not even saying I dislike the LFA design all that much, the geek in me loves that sortof japanese techie design. Reminds me of robotech.

I guess I'm saying that people that go for aston's, ferrari's, etc would probably not find the LF-A to their taste. Geek appeal is high, sex appeal low.
Hopped from Acura's nuts onto infiniti's?

General consensus says this car has sex appeal. Reality also says that it will be built. Your points are for all intents and purposes, moot. Why don't you go troll somewhere else?
Old 09-18-09, 10:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

some said the same about the r8 too when audi decided to make the car. well we know how much respect the r8 is getting now

i am not saying that the lfa will get the same treatment, but i am saying with our standard (financially, mentally) it's hard to really understand what rich people (who can actually afford these cars) think

Quick Reply: LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...