LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 01:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

This is going to be "THE" Lexus Sports Car. Lexus is good at keeping a balance of Luxury and performance. We all can't wait for next week to come.
Old 10-13-09, 02:14 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeTomaso
I would be surprised if it actually has a very luxurious interior...luxury=weight and this car will be very radical and light, simply cause it has to with such a small engine. It might have a satnav and a radio, but that will be it. Don't expect things like dynamic cruise control, nightvision, electric seats or fluffy semi-aniline leather.
What!? You mean I can't be blasting down the road with the 1200-watt 28-speaker Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System while sipping my champagne from the mini-fridge and getting my butt cooled from the air-conditioned seats in the LF-A at 217mph? FAIL!
Old 10-13-09, 03:24 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I think some of you will be surprised with the amount of luxury this car has, and just surprised in general with what the car will offer.

Originally Posted by flipside909
This is going to be "THE" Lexus Sports Car. Lexus is good at keeping a balance of Luxury and performance. We all can't wait for next week to come.
Just to add, this is going to be "THE" Lexus supercar, and "THE" supercar from Toyota in general .
Old 10-13-09, 04:31 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Two
What!? You mean I can't be blasting down the road with the 1200-watt 28-speaker Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System while sipping my champagne from the mini-fridge and getting my butt cooled from the air-conditioned seats in the LF-A at 217mph? FAIL!
LOL! I am not expecting an LS-style mini-fridge on the LFA (but perhaps the center console box can hold champagne like 007's Aston in Goldeneye), however I do hope they install a top-flight ML sound system.
Old 10-13-09, 05:28 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

i wonder if theyll signify the 150 that come to the US or of the 500 worldwide in each vehicle. Im so excited to see what the interior will look like because the exterior we all pretty much knwo how it will look.

The R8 is beautiful exterior and interior-wise, but this LF-A interior surely will trounce the R8, im guessing. Lexus has been about interior design and refinement above all else. Though they are only making 500 of these, they surely do not want to screw up the interior on this one as it is a true halo/super car elite flagship.

By the way two dealerships that i called ot get some info told me that from what they know this will only be a one time single run build for 2011 and 2012...75 vehicles each year. And the reason why a 2011 and 2012 designation is to be given is becasue the production run time and wait will take into the following year to complete the entire 150 behicle allocation.

Is it true that lexus is only building this car for "one year" and that is it? its obvious these are already or will sell out if they arent already. Are they still going to guage interest and response from owners and dealerships after the vehicle launch to see if there is warrant for additional production as the years progress?

does anyone know?
Old 10-13-09, 05:35 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
LOL! I am not expecting an LS-style mini-fridge on the LFA (but perhaps the center console box can hold champagne like 007's Aston in Goldeneye), however I do hope they install a top-flight ML sound system.
Damm... I wanted that mini fridge more than anything!
Old 10-13-09, 05:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

The racing version follows a similar layout, and the spyshots of a production model show the same instrument panel area. Add start button, full Remote Touch interface (it looks to already be partly there), additional center console buttons...storage, speakers, A/C vents...

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Damm... I wanted that mini fridge more than anything!
Hehe, by the time one can pour the glass they will be in the next county. I do wonder...how many supercars have cupholders? That's a detail I haven't researched yet.

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
By the way two dealerships that i called ot get some info told me that from what they know this will only be a one time single run build for 2011 and 2012...75 vehicles each year. And the reason why a 2011 and 2012 designation is to be given is becasue the production run time and wait will take into the following year to complete the entire 150 behicle allocation.

Is it true that lexus is only building this car for "one year" and that is it? its obvious these are already or will sell out if they arent already. Are they still going to guage interest and response from owners and dealerships after the vehicle launch to see if there is warrant for additional production as the years progress?
The reports do suggest that it's a one year limited production and that's it. It will be uber-expensive, uber-exclusive, and rare. That being said, I'm hoping that if the reaction is good, and the economy improves further, they could consider a second run. Individually numbered sounds possible, although with all the customization (as rumored) they way it gets numbered could depend on owner too. If they do make 2 levels, a 'standard' and racing spec, 500 units...perhaps later on they could do a separate roadster production run (just my hopeful speculation).
Old 10-13-09, 05:48 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

is anyone on clublexus getting the LF-A and bold to admit their ability to purchase one? My cousin is in the real estate mortgage business residental and commercial. Has his own mortgage company and doing really well in Austin, Tx area. He can afford one but is one of those guys hooked on the theory that the porsche GT3 is unbeatable and the ultimate car.

I want him to be proved wrong when he sees it unveiled a week away and then be lucky enough to guarantee one for himself if he decided to purchase it. lol that way ill get to drive it often when i take trips to Austin. He has been looking at the R8 as well.

I really doubt youll ever see this car more than 5 times in your whole life if toyota is truly only building 150 in the US and never again.
Old 10-13-09, 07:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeTomaso
I would be surprised if it actually has a very luxurious interior...luxury=weight and this car will be very radical and light, simply cause it has to with such a small engine. It might have a satnav and a radio, but that will be it. Don't expect things like dynamic cruise control, nightvision, electric seats or fluffy semi-aniline leather.
Forgot to add, the engine may be small and light, but it is very powerful. It's quite rare for a production engine to have all three characteristics.
Old 10-13-09, 08:42 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Speculation has reached a fever pitch!

The latest rumor is that the LF As in the latest spy shots that have been seen may not have final production exteriors; that there might be some fake body panels being used even on these latest cars.

Personally I highly doubt that it is true, but I guess we'll see next week.
Old 10-13-09, 09:24 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
is anyone on clublexus getting the LF-A and bold to admit their ability to purchase one? My cousin is in the real estate mortgage business residental and commercial. Has his own mortgage company and doing really well in Austin, Tx area. He can afford one but is one of those guys hooked on the theory that the porsche GT3 is unbeatable and the ultimate car.

I want him to be proved wrong when he sees it unveiled a week away and then be lucky enough to guarantee one for himself if he decided to purchase it. lol that way ill get to drive it often when i take trips to Austin. He has been looking at the R8 as well.

I really doubt youll ever see this car more than 5 times in your whole life if toyota is truly only building 150 in the US and never again.
Check post #7,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...520-oh-my.html
Old 10-13-09, 10:19 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I really hope you get one GL!

and i bet even with a 300,000 supercar, the first comment will still be...... "DROP IT!"
Old 10-13-09, 10:27 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
More burnouts, more sliding! There is no such thing as too much burnouts and tire smoke .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf2Al8JM98s

Love how they blow a tire on the rear right at the end of this clip!!!

Awesome vids!!

Joe Z
Old 10-13-09, 11:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Love how they blow a tire on the rear right at the end of this clip!!!

Awesome vids!!

Joe Z
Hahahah, I thought I was the only one to notice
Old 10-14-09, 12:08 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Default LFA Roadster 2008 brochure

With only 1 week left until the Lexus press conference at the Tokyo Motor Show, here's the brochure Lexus produced for the LFA Roadster showcase at Geneva in 2008--for the benefit of any new readers (it's not on Lexus.eu anymore as far as I can tell). It's the most published manufacturer info I've seen from Lexus on this car to date. With the Lexus Japan brochures for the LSh and others being printed (and in some cases bound), I think there will be some beautiful LFA brochures to follow (reminds me also of the NSX bound brochure).
Attached Thumbnails Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)-lfar.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LF-A Roadster Geneva_brochure.pdf (945.5 KB, 221 views)

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)