Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500+ HP Lexus LF-A concept car

January 10, 2005
FIRST GLANCE
Lexus Hints at a Wild Streak
By NICK KURCZEWSKI

ntroduced on Sunday: Lexus LF-A design study

What’s the point? Add Toyota’s Lexus division to the growing list of automakers hoping to lift their images with a little sex appeal – in the form of an 200 mile-an-hour sports car that could compete with the likes of Ferrari and Porsche.

Is it real? Lexus is being coy, but reports of LF-A’s being tested on racing circuits suggest the car does not exist solely to be admired on a display stand at auto shows.

The company line: “This car makes you feel younger and richer just looking at it,” said Jim Press, executive vice president of Toyota’s American sales division.

The view from here: The company’s news release is laughably vague, not even mentioning what type of engine is under the hood. But Toyota is eager to reap some benefit from its costly involvement in Formula One racing, and a project like the LF-A could help establish that link in the minds of customers.

What makes it tick? Presumably a V-10 or V-8 engine – Lexus would only say it would be smaller than 5 liters and produce more than 500 horsepower.

How much? How soon? In this class, a six-figure window sticker is expected. But if the fortunes of Toyota’s Formula One team do not improve, there may be no justification for producing an image-leader like this – at any price.

Ripped above from this link

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/10/au...NUG-LEXUS.html
Old 01-10-05, 03:39 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I recall reading about this car the engine will incorporate hybrid technology. I LIKE it! Perhaps like Ferrari, future Lexus automobiles will be race-bred. Bravo Lexus!
Old 01-10-05, 04:11 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
From what I recall reading about this car the engine will incorporate hybrid technology. I LIKE it! Perhaps like Ferrari, future Lexus automobiles will be race-bred. Bravo Lexus!
That hybrid concept is called Volta, not LF-A.

Also I don't think this thread belongs in the SC430 forum.
Old 01-10-05, 04:22 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjoraker
The company line: “This car makes you feel younger and richer just looking at it,” said Jim Press, executive vice president of Toyota’s American sales division.
All it makes me do is wonder who designed that craptacular front-end.

I think it's dumpy.

Needs a lot of work.

As I posted in the other LF-A thread - aside from the pleasing but generic profile - this car does not inspire me - I'm left far, far short of awestruck .

M.
Old 01-10-05, 04:51 PM
LexFather

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143777