Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 2002 LS430 Ultra, Blk/Ecru, 185k miles, Wald kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-17, 10:03 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2002 LS430 Ultra, Blk/Ecru, 185k miles, Wald kit

2002 LS430 Ultra Luxury
184,866 miles
Asking $6,500

High-resolution photos here ---> http://www.clickover.com/MLctZ?ref=tkjrl2helm

Originally purchased in Palm Beach, Florida, this LS430 was traded in to a local Mercedes dealer by it's first owner after 5 years and 33k miles. I purchased the car from the dealer and it has been my daily driver ever since, spending it's entire life in South Florida up until late last year when I moved to South Texas. The car has been diligently serviced and maintained, and runs very smoothly. This is the fully-loaded Ultra Luxury model, with many exclusive features including air suspension, rear seat massagers, and a multitude of amenities! Additionally, I have installed:
  • Wald fiberglass body kit
  • Lowered factory air suspension
  • Clear-lens taillights (VERY hard to find!)
  • 20" Ace Alloy Executive wheels, 8.5" front, 10" rear
  • Toyo T1 Sport tires, 255/35 front (50-60% tread left), 285/30 rear (70% tread left)
  • Vaistech integrated XM/Sirius satellite radio tuner
Many new OEM/Denso parts! Within the last 10k miles:
  • torque converter rebuilt
  • new flywheel
  • new starter
  • new engine oil level sensor
  • new alternator
  • new a/c compressor
  • transmission replaced
  • new rear main seal
  • new spark plugs
  • new throttle position sensor
Within the last 50k miles:
  • new knock sensors
  • new ball joints
  • new oxygen sensors
  • new engine temperature sensor
  • new mass air flow sensor
  • new front wheel hubs and left rear hub
  • new front lower control arms
  • new front caster bushings
  • new outer tie rods
  • new front stabilizer bar bushings
  • differential fluid service
  • new catalytic converters
  • new cam sprockets/timing tubes
  • new cam seals
  • new timing belt
  • new front crank seal
  • new valve cover gaskets
  • new spark plug tube seals
  • brake fluid service
  • new front and rear brake pads
  • new exhaust y-pipe
  • new engine mounts
  • new towing-capacity radiator
Recently the oil pan gasket and dipstick filler tube seal were replaced, so the engine currently has NO oil leaks. I have run Mobil1 full synthetic motor oil exclusively, changed approximately every 5k miles. The water pump was replaced with the first timing belt change at approximately 105k miles. The current timing belt has approximately 29k miles on it. There is a CEL code that pops up every once in a while due to a charcoal canister in the evaporative emissions system; this is a common fault on the older LS's but fortunately causes no driveability issues. A repair requires dropping the gas tank and it's not something I've decided to invest in. The transmission had a faulty solenoid last year so I replaced it with a used 71k-mile unit, along with a recent torque converter rebuild and new flywheel, resulting in a very smooth and well-running powertrain!

The air suspension front shocks have approximately 75k miles on them, and one of the rear shocks has about the same. The remaining rear shock is original and still functioning but is prone to fail at any time due to it's age. Please be aware that this rear air shock will soon need to be replaced! Rebuilt shocks are now available from RMT (rebuildmastertech.com) for $385 if you choose to keep a factory air setup, but a popular option is to convert to steel springs or coilovers. The front control arms, caster bushings, and ball joints are fairly new, giving the car excellent ride quality, good alignment, and even tire wear. The Ace Alloy Executive one-piece wheels were mounted in 2007 and still look great despite a a few minor curb rashes and defects in the clearcoat. I have installed the OEM rear suspension caster arms to correct the rear caster after lowering, resulting in very even tire wear. I am including the original OEM arms with the car. I have the car aligned to the HIGH suspension setting for daily driving, and only drop it lower on the NORMAL setting for extended highway cruising.

At this age/mileage there is some wear on the frequently-contacted surfaces of the interior. The driver's seat leather is worn and has an Iggee vinyl seat cover installed. The Iggee seatback cover and full cover set for the passenger seat are also included with the vehicle, I just haven't installed them. There is also a matching cover on the center armrest. The leather driver's door handle shows some wear, along with minor wear on the passenger handle. The steering wheel clearcoat has cracked, which is typical of the ealry LS430s, and the leather and shift **** show typical wear. The tilt/telescoping feature works flawlessly. The rear seat is in excellent condition since it was barely used (no kids!). Overall the interior is in very good condition for the age/mileage of the car. The carpet and floor mats have just been steam-cleaned, but since the floor mats are older you may want to replace them with a fresh set.

All interior instruments and switches are functioning, except the side mirror auto-lowering feature which is a little erratic due to a poorly-designed switch (very common problem). The navigation system is fully-functional, and the trunk-mounted DVD unit has been replaced with a more reliable later model from a Prius. The radar cruise control system works perfectly. One of the front side parking proximity sensors malfunctions so I have the system turned off, but can be activated if needed at the push of a button. An integrated Vaistech XM/Sirius satellite radio tuner has been installed, and the Mark Levinson stereo system sounds great, with newer front speakers and a rebuilt rear subwoofer that is rattle-free!

As with any 15-yr old, 185k mile car, there are some defects in the paint and bodywork as shown in the photos. A high-end custom shop incorrectly rolled the rear fender lips resulting in some waviness in the outside of the lip. The front bumper has it's share of rock chips, along with a broken mounting tab on the driver's side at the wheel well. The broken tab is still attached to the car and can be bonded by a competent body shop. There are also some scratches in the front bumper and some lesser defects in the rear bumper. The Wald front chin spoiler has a couple cracks on the underside and can be repaired. The headlights and fog lights are both protected with Suntek clearbra film.

Included with the vehicle are the original manuals and also the original window sticker! I have several keys and a wallet key. Also there's a stack of service receipts detailing most of the service history of the car. While in my possession the car has not been involved in any accidents nor had any paintwork, and as far as I know it had neither under it's first owner as well.

I do not know of any reliable motor vehicle carriers in my area, so any shipping arrangements must be arranged by buyer. Nearest airports to McAllen, Texas are McAllen Int'l airport (MFE, serviced by American, United, and Allegiant) and Harlingen/Valley Int'l (HRL, serviced by United and Southwest). I can pickup buyer from either of these airports, or use Lyft car service.

Please don't hesitate to ask with any more questions you may have!

Last edited by ancdmd; 07-06-17 at 09:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
B767ed (10-26-17)
Old 07-06-17, 09:13 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Price adjusted to $6,500.
Old 08-24-17, 06:23 PM
gotkiet
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a contact number ?

thanks
Old 08-25-17, 06:52 AM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Sent pm

adam
Old 08-30-17, 06:28 PM
tu2
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the grey woodgrain....don't see that often.