Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 2008 Lexus ISF HOUSTON

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 06:44 PM
justjosh
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2008 Lexus ISF HOUSTON

Car is Sold!

Last edited by justjosh; 11-02-15 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-30-15, 10:34 AM
justjosh
Pole Position

Bump. Make me an offer.
Old 10-03-15, 09:43 AM
justjosh
Pole Position

Pending sale!
Old 10-09-15, 09:07 PM
justjosh
Pole Position

Car is back up for sale.
Old 10-22-15, 09:36 PM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been dealing with the OP since 10/14. Last night, a week into dealings, he decides to say the whole deal hinges on the paperwork getting done at a dealership he works at so he can get a tax savings. He trades in to dealer, then I buy from the dealer. That means it's not a private party deal, meaning I come back to NV and owe $2400 in taxes.

Maybe it was a communication error. Maybe it was sneaky. I don't know.

The next potential buyer has been warned. Glad I didn't buy that plane ticket!

Last edited by BuLLdAwG; 10-22-15 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-23-15, 04:14 AM
htowns
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuLLdAwG
I've been dealing with the OP since 10/14. Last night, a week into dealings, he decides to say the whole deal hinges on the paperwork getting done at a dealership he works at so he can get a tax savings. He trades in to dealer, then I buy from the dealer. That means it's not a private party deal, meaning I come back to NV and owe $2400 in taxes.

Maybe it was a communication error. Maybe it was sneaky. I don't know.

The next potential buyer has been warned. Glad I didn't buy that plane ticket!
I also was dealing with the OP but he was also being shady so I did not purchase the car. Buyer beware as the whole time I dealt with him I didn't have a good feeling.
Old 10-23-15, 08:00 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have owned three F's and the second one was white. I liked that color the best out of my black, white and silver.
The white one was taken out by a drunk driver at 9:00 am a year ago. I can tell you these cars crash very well.
I currently have the Mercury Metallic one but def prefer the white......I'm also in Houston but not in a position to get out of mine financially at the moment or I would scoop this one up.
Good luck with your sale !!!

Vintage
Old 10-23-15, 08:54 AM
justjosh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vintage
I have owned three F's and the second one was white. I liked that color the best out of my black, white and silver.
The white one was taken out by a drunk driver at 9:00 am a year ago. I can tell you these cars crash very well.
I currently have the Mercury Metallic one but def prefer the white......I'm also in Houston but not in a position to get out of mine financially at the moment or I would scoop this one up.
Good luck with your sale !!!

Vintage
Thanks for the kind words!

Just so everyone knows, the car is mine. The deal will go through my dealer so I can be sure all the paper work is handled correctly. That's it. I'm not hiding anything.

One person above is mad because he low balled me and I said no and the other is mad now because I want the deal to go through my dealer.

Last edited by justjosh; 10-23-15 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-23-15, 03:26 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by justjosh
Thanks for the kind words!

Just so everyone knows, the car is mine. The deal will go through my dealer so I can be sure all the paper work is handled correctly. That's it. I'm not hiding anything.

One person above is mad because he low balled me and I said no and the other is mad now because I want the deal to go through my dealer.
It would be good to mention that the sale will be done by a dealer. Also if there is a "dealer fee" you might want to mention that as well. Sounds like to me you've got another car lined up and want to get the tax break by selling through the dealer. Nothing wrong with that, just might want to put the out there for potiental buyers
Old 10-23-15, 04:09 PM
justjosh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS_250
It would be good to mention that the sale will be done by a dealer. Also if there is a "dealer fee" you might want to mention that as well. Sounds like to me you've got another car lined up and want to get the tax break by selling through the dealer. Nothing wrong with that, just might want to put the out there for potiental buyers
I will be covering all the fees we charge. Nobody has to worry about that. I figured people would like it because it is a lot more secure than just handing someone a check.
Old 10-23-15, 06:24 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

There is nothing sneaky about it. I was going to buy this car as well and had the plane tickets already but then something came up on my end. I was happy that it would be done through the dealer because it is more secure. The car is very very clean and well taken care of. Whoever buys it will be a lucky owner. OP was easy to work with and honest about everything. I would recommend this car to anybody and wish I could have it myself. Good luck with sale
Old 10-23-15, 07:35 PM
vinodc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justjosh, I am sorta in the market for a car, but unfortunately I live in a rural area currently and need an suv. If not, you have a great IS-F. But if you are ever interested in selling that LS600h, please let me know! that thing is a beauty!
Old 10-23-15, 09:30 PM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the sale seriously. However even YOUR dealership said I would have to pay taxes back in Nevada.

That's 8.1% on top of the sales price. Don't say I am "mad", especially when I haven't given specific numbers to your bottom number you would accept. I'm not paying that number PLUS 8.1%.

What I DID say, was maybe there was a communication error, but MAYBE you were being sneaky. When I had to ask multiple times to get a PPI, that I would pay for, it started to get suspicious. Add that to you neglecting to tell me (for the 1st week) it wasn't a private party transaction where I would pay 0% tax.

Please accept responsibility for your own mistakes and not just claim I'm "mad".

Addon: Are you going to cover the 8.1% tax "fee"?

Last edited by BuLLdAwG; 10-23-15 at 09:31 PM. Reason: addon
Old 10-23-15, 10:45 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuLLdAwG
Good luck with the sale seriously. However even YOUR dealership said I would have to pay taxes back in Nevada.

That's 8.1% on top of the sales price. Don't say I am "mad", especially when I haven't given specific numbers to your bottom number you would accept. I'm not paying that number PLUS 8.1%.

What I DID say, was maybe there was a communication error, but MAYBE you were being sneaky. When I had to ask multiple times to get a PPI, that I would pay for, it started to get suspicious. Add that to you neglecting to tell me (for the 1st week) it wasn't a private party transaction where I would pay 0% tax.

Please accept responsibility for your own mistakes and not just claim I'm "mad".

Addon: Are you going to cover the 8.1% tax "fee"?
From my understanding, Dealer or private party sale, if your state charges sales tax, you will have to pay the tax no matter where you buy it from. From private party, you get charge the tax went you register the car.
Old 10-24-15, 04:19 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 916gs400
From my understanding, Dealer or private party sale, if your state charges sales tax, you will have to pay the tax no matter where you buy it from. From private party, you get charge the tax went you register the car.
Unless you buy in Oregon you pay no sales tax . Also for California possible buyers if you buy this car your the one that states in dmv paperwork how much you paid for it hence if he sells for 28k example and you put down certain amount and finance 18k you pay taxes for the 18k not the full amount . Or seller can put it as gift and not pay sales tax at all . Communication is always key clean looking car and good luck with sale .

Quick Reply: TX 2008 Lexus ISF HOUSTON