Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

AL FS: 1992 Lexus SC400, Original Paint, 1JZGTE swap, alot of goodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 04:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default FS: 1992 Lexus SC400, Original Paint, 1JZGTE swap, alot of goodies

HISTORY:

Up for sale is my 1992 SC400. I am the fourth owner and have had this car for over seven years now. The original owner was a doctor out of Birmingham, AL., who ordered it from a dealer in Wisconsin. The second owner was a lady who owned it for about 7 years. She owned it locally and had it serviced at the local Huntsville, AL., Lexus dealership. I have the receipts. My buddy bought it from her. He only owned it for about 6 months. I just turned 40, and I have come to realize that this is getting old, and I need a truck. I am in no way shape or form, hurting for money, so I ask each of you who are interested in this car, please don’t waste my time, if not a serious buyer. No joyrides please.

It is the very first year of the Lexus luxury coupe. It has the following modifications all done by myself, minus some of the wiring. The color is the original factory pearl white paint with SEM black landau painted interior. I had the front and rear bumper painted with the gas tank cover when I performed the swap. The body itself has about 300K but the ODO is showing only 135K, but the original paint is still very glossy and shiny. Anyone who has seen this car, knows how clean it is. The 1JZ had only approximately 54K miles. When I did the motor swap, I had the power steering rebuilt, new valve cover gaskets, new clips on injectors, new water pump, had alternator rebuilt, flow tested the injectors, and ALL seals were replaced. Still have ALL receipts of work and the ORIGINAL window sticker. The trunk still has the original full size spare tire, jack and first aid kit. I removed the 12 disc changer and the console cellular phone. Everything on the car works, with the exception of power antenna (which is still on the car and I have it unplugged in the rear), and cruise control (removed with swap, still have module). The door hinges do not pop, climate screen has NO bleeding, and cranks up every time after allowing the fuel pump to prime for 2-3 seconds. It has been my DD for almost a year. I did not originally build this SC to be my daily driver, only occasional.

I am asking $11K for this car. Where else can you get a very nice clean car that has been through completely, for this amount? Car made 467rwhp at 16psi on 93 pump gas, and 522rwhp at 21psi on pump gas, without any early detonation. I have videos of the dyno to prove it. It was also over 100 degrees in the bay when this was done. Pulls pretty strong, no noise, no nothing. Just the whistle of the BW singing to yours ears. I can do 117mph by GPS in the 3rd gear.
I might be missing a few things here and there, but the car has been garaged since the day I bought it. I spared no expense and you can feel free to look it over and under at your expense or use my garage. I actually encourage it. I have provided plenty of pictures, and if you need more of a particular area, feel free to ask. I have saved over 1K photos of this build and for insurance purposes.

ENGINE BAY:

1JZGTE Soarer, stock bottom end, stock head gasket, more than sufficient for my power goals
BC Stage 2 cams, 264’s
800CC injectors from Japan, $160 each, largest for stock fuel line at the time
DM under drive polished pullies for alternator, power steering and water pump
DM T4 manifold, with new metal gasket for turbo housing and exhaust
DM 3 inch intercooler piping with black fittings
DM intercooler, handle 850 HP, 3 inch inlet and outlet
BW S366, A/R .91 housing
Chrome turbo heat shield
JDL oil catch can, with new custom size -10 AN fittings from valve covers and intake tube
MINZ FPR out of Japan
NGK spark plugs
Toyota larger oil filter for a V8
Polished upper radiator hose with black couplings
MKIV bottom radiator
MKIV Mishimoto polished/aluminum radiator
MKIV fan shroud
HKS Stage IV BOV, Authentic, ordered from Japan
Polished valve covers and intake manifold
Tial 44MM wastegate with 12 lb. spring, dump tube is routed into exhaust passed the DP
Custom 3 inch DP
Custom single 3 inch exhaust
K and N 4 inch air intake filter
55 watt HID ballasts for low beam, high beam, and fog lights
Custom aluminum fuse block holder for stereo, IACV, AEM V2, and ignitor
AEM V2, Honda box with custom patch harness from DM for 1JZGTE
Cold A/C, used SC300 lines from firewall to compressor and installed new old rings
New receiver dryer
SC300 motor mount brackets and mounts, bought new
Removed the cruise control module, but still have it
Tuned by BatlGround Motorsports in Atlanta, GA
Painted all the plastics under the hood with SEM black paint to enhance the appearance
Exhaust, DP, exhaust manifold, and turbo housing is painted with VHT high temp paint
DP and exhaust manifold is wrapped with DEI heat wrap

FUEL:

-6 AN E85 compatible fuel line for feed to stock fuel rail
Stock return, due to the HP, I was after
DM fitting to use the -6 AN to stock fuel rail
MKIV TT fuel pump, have another brand new one in box, wired separately with a 30 amp relay
Aeromotive inline fuel filter, with all AN fittings

INTERIOR:

Black Landau SEM paint in it’s entirely, with the exception of the headliner and visors
Original heated seats, still work
Professional painted piano black for all wood grain on doors, center console, and dash
New five speed OEM Lexus shifter with the original 5 speed shifter ****
New OEM black seat belts, complete all four with buckles
Original floor mats and carpet, dyed and painted SEM
NO cracked center vent
Pioneer AVIC D3 head unit, with built in fan
SC300 original manual cluster with LEDS and Lextech blue needles, no fading or flickering, work perfect
Climate control rebuilt with LCD screen and all backlighting in blue performed by Lextech, no blackening
Aluminpro 600 watt amp for OEM factory 10 inch sub, mounted on top of gas tank, hidden
Sony 4 Channel amplifier, 300 watt, for mids and highs, mounted on top of gas tank, hidden
4 gauge wire from distribution block to trunk
Distribution block for grounds in trunk above gas tank
Front speakers are 6 ½’s Sony Xplod, with custom pods from MDF for doors
Rear speakers are 6x9, custom made, JL Audio 3 way
Custom 3 pod gauge holder mounted on “A” pillar

GAUGES:

AEM Digital oil pressure
AEM Digital boost gauge
AEM Digital Wideband
Greddy Digital turbo timer, mounted in glove box
Greddy Digital boost controller, mounted in glove box

DRIVETRAIN:

Soarer R154 with the tripod extension, completely rebuilt, Redline MT90, whole life
MKIII front driveshaft, OEM
MKIV center bearing, OEM
MKIV Auto LSD rear end, 3.76, Royal Purple 75W 90W Gear oil
SC300 rear driveshaft, OEM
DM 1JZGTE bell housing
DM flywheel bolts with locking plate
MKIV new slave cylinder
DM lightened flywheel, weighs 11.5 pounds
ACT stage 4 clutch, new
DM throw-out bearing
HKS Carbon Fiber Slip on, 3 inch inlet, 5 inch tip, 8 inch canister, high flow race series, no droning
New 02 sensor by Bosch

BRAKES:

MKIV TT front calipers, painted high gloss black paint
MKIV drilled and slotted rotors
SC300 rear calipers
SC300 drilled and slotted rotors
Stainless steel brake lines, complete on all four corners
New master cylinder
New right rear hub assembly

EXTERIOR:

MKIV Chrome TT wheels, size 17 inch, staggered, with new center caps, very, very good shape
Goodyear High Performance All Season on rear, size 275/40/17, 75% left, 500 rated
Michelin MXV4, All Season on front, size 245/40/17, about 40% or less
Ichiba V2 15mm spacers on front
Esplier springs on front, lowered 2.1 inch in front
Tanabe springs on rear, lowered 1.5 in rear
Clear side markers to match headlights
Tinted windows, 20% all the way around
Plastic dip all emblems black, front and rear
Tokico Blues struts were replaced about 4 years ago
Replaced all the bushings, upper and lower control arms, front and rear, new rack and pinion bushings,
Replaced sway bar links, front and rear
Brand new windshield
SC300 1995 rear taillights
Rewired the blinker assembly lights to turn on with running lights

BAD:

Rear main seal is leaking
I believe it is due to the original oil catch can setup was not allowing the crankcase pressure to properly vent with me using a wye to split the valve cover vents into one inlet on can. The new one was installed two days ago and has a vacuum port through the intake and two separate inlets, size -10 AN. It has an idling issue at random. At dead cold up to operating temperature it is perfect, but after driving for about 10 miles or so and completely warmed up, the idle starts to surge, making the wideband go crazy. It doesn’t do this all the time, but most of the time. With the A/C on, it idles perfect, at 12.3-13.8. I have adjusted the AEM several times to adjust it, but I only made it worse. I am NOT a tuner. The tuner bill alone with the upgraded lines, were over $3700 bucks with a receipt to prove it. The driver side headlight leaks, but dries almost completely in about 2-3 hours on a hot day. The car does have 2 minor dings in the left rear quarter panel, but these are the worst of the whole car. Overall it is very good shape for its age.

My email address is 1jzsc400@gmail.com or call me directly at 205-482-5533. If you TEXT ME, I WILL NOT REPLY, IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN THIS CAR, THEN CALL OR EMAIL.
Thanks for viewing and have a great day.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 06-13-14 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-13-14, 04:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also have a few extra parts to go with it.

Old 06-13-14, 05:22 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Also has an aftermarket alarm system with keyless and trunk release from remote. I will add more to this thread as I think about them.
Old 06-13-14, 08:37 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I had an offer on the car that I couldn't resist. As of now the car has sold. I will leave the thread up until I receive the money in my hand on Sunday.
Old 06-20-14, 12:43 PM
Lexus777
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gorgeous car I want your supra wheels
Old 08-13-14, 11:39 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did this car ever sell? Looks gorgeous
Old 08-17-14, 12:57 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Did this car ever sell? Looks gorgeous
Yes, this car sold about a month ago. There's another one for sale, priced right? PM or search Flash92sc...he has a black 1jz swap, with additional parts. Check it out?

Mark, sorry to thread jack! lol

steve
Old 08-18-14, 07:22 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Yes, this car sold about a month ago. There's another one for sale, priced right? PM or search Flash92sc...he has a black 1jz swap, with additional parts. Check it out?

Mark, sorry to thread jack! lol

steve
Don't apologize for that..

Car sold within one hour of being on Ebay. I guy named Mike from Missouri, purchased the car. We met in Tupelo, MS. I did a few pulls for him and he drove it back. Cash was exchanged. I went home with the intentions of getting a new Tundra. Well, I did. Since then, he has replaced the front seats with new racing ones, Volks 19 inch wheels, new gear shifter, and complete Vortex kit. I told him not to have it repainted, it just looked to good to me.

He has kept in touch and sent me several pictures of the car. He has enjoyed this SC from day, and has had ZERO issues with the car. He has a new Nissan GTR, 370Z, SC430 convertible, and 2014 Tundra, and a few others...