Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

GA 1992 sc300 2jzgte

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 07:37 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1992 sc300 2jzgte

Ladies and Gentlemen. . .

. . .what I have here is a 1992 Lexus SC300.

The joy of this car that it holds the heart of a MKIV Toyota Supra. . .the coveted 2JZ-GTE motor and Aristo automatic transmission. This was installed by the good folks at Zen Motors and the wiring harness was completed by Jon from Garage Zero. It was dyno'd at 277whp and 278trq at 9psi last month at 3Face Racing. I've had the car completed for about a year and I haven't had a single mechanical hiccup since that time.

It comes complete with 255lph fuel pump and 550cc injectors and it's complimented with a full FMIC and GReddy BOV. Needless to say when the stock twins spool up it sounds ghastly. . .and yes. . .you read it right, it still has the stock twins with manual boost controller. The gases are expelled by a 3" stainless steel exhaust with two 4" Megan mufflers at the end to give a deep tone at idle. It sits on an 18x8.5 5Ziegn F10NR-C with Toyota Supra struts with Falken (Yes, Falken) springs which give it a solid yet sturdy drop without sacrificing comfort. The fenders had been rolled by the previous owner so it can easily fit a more aggressive offset if needed.

Inside there are two JIC seats matched with the OEM brackets so it sits strong and still utilizes the OEM seatbelts. Steering is held with a NRG hub and a Grip Royal black leather steering wheel. A Clarion touchscreen controls the 4" Rockford speakers and the 6x9" Rockfords in the back with an Alpine amp in the back. . .completely ready to add a subwhooper if so desired.

Now with a 21 year old car there are some issues that need to be address before moving forward.

-The AC/Heat wasn't connected when the swap was completed. The compressor and all the bits and pieces are there, it just didn't have the wires extended for it. It wasn't a major problem for me because it was used as a spring and summer car.

-The passenger side window regulator has just broken. It's a 90 dollar fix and it's simply nothing more but a swappable plug and play. . .once again my laziness has struck and with it being the passenger side it never really bothered me.

-As they known for there gauge cluster are going out and two needles are burnt out.

-With that the interior, when first purchased was ****. Some of the problem areas of the door panels were address and some were beyond repair. But it doesn't take away from the door, just small issues that bugged me for a while until I was able to source new ones. Which I haven't been able to do yet.

-Several small dings from its age and the paint is solid but could use a solid coat of clear.

-The interior carpet was painted black prior to getting the car and could use a touch up here and there.

The car needs to be seen to appreciate for what it's worth. It's a true definition of a 'sleeper' that really wakes up once it hits second gear. It continues to put a smile on my face when I drive it around just to burn up some gas. It's definitely humbled plenty of cars and for what it's worth, this has been a fun ride. . .

. . .but like all things, it must come to an end.

It's a far cry from being complete and with a garage full of projects. . .HKS FDC. . .LS400 BBK with Rotors. . .this thing has the potential to be something more than just a weekend warrior if you want it. It's turn key ready. . .and it's a better deal that most 240s. . .Civics. . .or anything else like it.

It's called the Poor Man's Supra for a reason.

With that, let's talk numbers. I'm looking for 9,000. . .and of course it's OBO but let's be realistic, folks. Don't waste mine and I won't waste yours. The car is in the garage for the winter and worse come to worse, she'll stay there until it's time to come out and play again.

Trades? Sure. . .I'll entertain trades but realize what you're getting and what you're willing to give up on your end. (I.E. Cash on your end.)

So. . .you're still reading? You interested? Of course you are! So give me a call. . .let's talk. What's the worse that can happen!

404.449.9712. . .if I don't pick up. . .leave a voicemail..or text for quicker replies!

I'm know I'm leaving stuff out...so please ask questions as you need too.

Old 11-25-13, 06:24 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Pictures of the 2JZ-GTE

Old 12-07-13, 08:42 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

To the top!
Old 12-08-13, 08:08 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hate to see it gone man. GL with your sale!